C Mikhail Grigorenko (2012, 12th, BUF; traded to COL) IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
Here's the gfy version (generated by the same site), much smaller file size with the ability to zoom / speed up / etc. I won't embed since that'd be redundant at this point. Here's the gfy of his first goal:

Sickness.

Last edited:

Orca Smash

Feb 9, 2012
The leafs team was praising hodgsons pass, while i thought that was all him, pretty amazing he was able to knock the puck down that high and get that shot off in the span of seconds at full speed.

RipCityPuckers

Jun 16, 2007
Toronto
Watched the game last night

Grigs skating is night and day better than it was when he was last in the NHL, it's really quite remarkable

The Iron Goalie

Formally 'OEL for Norris'
Feb 8, 2012
Langley, BC
The leafs team was praising hodgsons pass, while i thought that was all him, pretty amazing he was able to knock the puck down that high and get that shot off in the span of seconds at full speed.

Idk why anyone would praise Codys pass...it wasn't very good, was missing high, and wouod have ended up in the corner if Grigs hadn't knocked it down. Nice hand eye+shot by Grigorenko on a poor pass by Hodgson imo.

Brooklanders*

Feb 26, 2012
The major problem i have with Grigs more than any thing is his skating.
Other than that his numbers werent all that impressive either. His playoff numbers in his draft year were even worse.
Just watching him play I never thought of him as a dynamic offensive weapon despite his level of production.
I don't see him as a star in the NHL but I hope I'm wrong.

zeropotentate

Dec 4, 2012
Ontario
On NHL.com it says Grigorenko played for the United States last year at the World Juniors

It's a shame how Buffalo has treated Grigs these past few years, I hope he dominates the AHL this year.

dasaybz

da saybz
Aug 2, 2005
On NHL.com it says Grigorenko played for the United States last year at the World Juniors

It's a shame how Buffalo has treated Grigs these past few years, I hope he dominates the AHL this year.

Ya, it's a shame they basically handed him a starting job last year and he couldn't do anything with it. If anything, the blame should be on Grigs, not the Sabres. They have given him every opportunity to make this team, and succeed, and he hasn't done anything with it.

zeropotentate

Dec 4, 2012
Ontario
Ya, it's a shame they basically handed him a starting job last year and he couldn't do anything with it. If anything, the blame should be on Grigs, not the Sabres. They have given him every opportunity to make this team, and succeed, and he hasn't done anything with it.

Some people are just not ready to play in the NHL in their teens, while others can. It is too harsh for criticizing an 18 year old not being able to produce on a top line level. Of course, Grigs' future is pretty bright, and this year should help him a lot.

JRiz13

Apr 29, 2013
ATL
Some people are just not ready to play in the NHL in their teens, while others can. It is too harsh for criticizing an 18 year old not being able to produce on a top line level. Of course, Grigs' future is pretty bright, and this year should help him a lot.

It's amazing how people had him labeled as done and bust before he even reached 20 years old. He clearly wasn't ready when the Sabres kept him up the last two years, but it does seem like he is finally doing what needs to be done to succeed. Worked hard in the off season to bulk up like 12-15 lbs while also improving his skating. (seriously, his skating is night and day from where it was) I agree is future is really bright if he keeps this attitude of his. I am very excited to see what he becomes.

Jul 10, 2003
KW
Said it before and I'll say it again. Bust.

He may not reach his upside but there is too much size and skill for him to completely bust. I see a bigger, softer version of Kadri...basically a high end #2 C.

I was doubting him lately as well but he really impressed last night.

leo2892

Jan 25, 2007
Idk why anyone would praise Codys pass...it wasn't very good, was missing high, and wouod have ended up in the corner if Grigs hadn't knocked it down. Nice hand eye+shot by Grigorenko on a poor pass by Hodgson imo.

Obligatory BC-based Hodgson-sniping post.

This is getting predictable and embarrassing.

leo2892

Jan 25, 2007
You do realize that is a Coyotes fan, right?

Edit: I guess I am wrong, tons of posts on the Canucks board for him.

Every time you see an unnecessary, off-topic swipe at Hodgson in any Sabres-related thread, look to the left and you'll see a Canucks fan/someone located in BC.

You'd think two years would be enough time for Canuck fans to let it go.

LongWayDown37

Mar 8, 2006

If the pass was on the ice, it would have been defended. He had to get it through 3 defenders.

fallsviewafro*

So now saucer passes that don't land exactly on the target's stick are "poor?"

My bet is that if any Canuck pulled that pass off, you'd be raving about it. I think it's fair to expect NHL players to be able to receive a pass a few inches off the ice as much as its fair to expect NHL players to even be able to make a pass like that in the first place. What does this mean? Stop hating on Hodgson; it makes you look petty.

GlassesJacketShirt

Aug 4, 2010
Sherbrooke
Every time you see an unnecessary, off-topic swipe at Hodgson in any Sabres-related thread, look to the left and you'll see a Canucks fan/someone located in BC.

You'd think two years would be enough time for Canuck fans to let it go.

I lived in Vancouver for most of my life. They never let anything go. :laugh:

SergeConstantin74

Always right.
Jul 7, 2007
If Buffalo had been patient with him but not making him play where he wasn't ready, he'd be just another youngster doing great in his first NHL camp as a pro...

He gained like 15 lbs this summer and seems to be faster. He's still developing. The **** about his age made people forget he's still a prospect in development.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad