C Mikhail Grigorenko (2012, 12th, BUF; traded to COL) IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

"Craigs on it"
Apr 9, 2012
Canada
Trivia Question without looking..

The Quebec Remparts traded which import player in 2013 to make way for this studs return from the Buffalo Sabres?

Mathletic

Feb 28, 2002
Ste-Foy
Trivia Question without looking..

The Quebec Remparts traded which import player in 2013 to make way for this studs return from the Buffalo Sabres?

They kept Sorensen and Grigorenko but that had nothing to do with who was the better player of the bunch. They gave their word to Sorensen they wouldn't trade him after he broke his leg. Same with Grigorenko. They gave their word they wouldn't trade him if he came to the Q. They also had an understanding with Kucherov that if Grigs came back that he'd be traded. They did their best to keep all 3 but it was impossible.

Ask anybody who was around the Remparts organization at the time. Kucherov was clearly the most talented of the 3. I can remember an interview with Ray Cloutier, pbp guy. He said it wasn't even close between the 3 as to who was more talented. Only question about Kucherov was his size and if his game could translate to the NHL. He was an obvious candidate to burn the league that year, and he did.

Emerz

#1 PLD Fanboy
Jun 5, 2013
Nova Scotia
They kept Sorensen and Grigorenko but that had nothing to do with who was the better player of the bunch. They gave their word to Sorensen they wouldn't trade him after he broke his leg. Same with Grigorenko. They gave their word they wouldn't trade him if he came to the Q. They also had an understanding with Kucherov that if Grigs came back that he'd be traded. They did their best to keep all 3 but it was impossible.

Ask anybody who was around the Remparts organization at the time. Kucherov was clearly the most talented of the 3. I can remember an interview with Ray Cloutier, pbp guy. He said it wasn't even close between the 3 as to who was more talented. Only question about Kucherov was his size and if his game could translate to the NHL. He was an obvious candidate to burn the league that year, and he did.

Funnily enough they should have been allowed to keep all three right? I remember their being a fuss at the end of the season saying they weren't properly informed.

I could be remembering wrong but I'm pretty sure a team ran 3 euros after one got returned from the NHL maybe 3 years ago?

Mathletic

Feb 28, 2002
Ste-Foy
Funnily enough they should have been allowed to keep all three right? I remember their being a fuss at the end of the season saying they weren't properly informed.

I could be remembering wrong but I'm pretty sure a team ran 3 euros after one got returned from the NHL maybe 3 years ago?

They did but never 3 on the ice at the same time. One was always in the stands.

hototogisu

Poked the bear!!!!!
Jun 30, 2006
Montreal, QC
I still remember how some people around here could not understand why Grigorenko was falling like a rock in the rankings right before it took place. ''He was slowed down by mono!'' was the common excuse. The scouts got it right.

People see what they want to see in some of these "enigmatic" skill players and there's no telling them otherwise. The guy had more red flags than a Minesweeper win and people still would have taken him top 5.

Same thing with Kabanov, people were still convinced he was a first round pick after everything that went on with him.

Passchendaele

Dec 11, 2006
I wonder if the rumors that he was older than 18 had any foundation at all.. because it's as if he had peaked very early.

Mathletic

Feb 28, 2002
Ste-Foy
People see what they want to see in some of these "enigmatic" skill players and there's no telling them otherwise. The guy had more red flags than a Minesweeper win and people still would have taken him top 5.

Same thing with Kabanov, people were still convinced he was a first round pick after everything that went on with him.

The guy picked before him fell too. Not only that but he was traded for spare parts not long after that. Sometimes these picks work out. Sometimes they don't. I still think it was a good selection for Buffalo. There were clear red flags but who doesn't once you're passed the top 3-5. I still think he can become a decent NHL'er. Also, Grigorenko is much better and much more talented than Kabanov. Kirill falls in the realm of players like John McFarland. All hype, no substance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad