C Mikhail Grigorenko (2012, 12th, BUF; traded to COL) IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sartorial

#RegisteredUser
Dec 14, 2011
Saskatoon
Are you serious? If yes, then please, stop talk about things you have no clue. You should be very poor to not have a such things like bed, shower and heat...it cost several times more to put your kids to ice hockey sections in Russia than in Canada. He played in Moscow( orig. from vladivastok) from age 13-14. That means his parents send him to there for better hockey education. It cost a lot, a lot of money. Who ever but not Grigorenko should cry a river for his poor childhood without bed, shower and heat...

Well then, it appears he grew up very poor. Why do you insist it's impossible for very poor kids in Russia to play hockey in Moscow?

:shakehead

malkinfan

Aug 20, 2006
Canada
If he did go to the KHL it wouldn't be ideal. His rights are owned by CSKA, and there is no way he plays on the top 3 lines there right now - just no room.

obskyr

Apr 29, 2013
Karelia
If he did go to the KHL it wouldn't be ideal. His rights are owned by CSKA, and there is no way he plays on the top 3 lines there right now - just no room.
And bed.
500px-Trash_buddies.jpg

Poor Misha. I hope Prokhorkin could share his camp cot with him when he will be able to afford it. ;_;

Backami

Jun 26, 2013
Well then, it appears he grew up very poor. Why do you insist it's impossible for very poor kids in Russia to play hockey in Moscow?

:shakehead

Appears to me that someone cant read properly...read what i wrote once again and you will find a answer. Just in case...ice hockey is most expensive sport in Russia. Just for example, my cousin(family budget is about 2000 US dollars) from Novosibirsk should pay about 150 US dollars for his kid in every month plus additional expenditures for summer camps and new equipment. Do you know that many people in Novosibirsk do not earn more than 500 dollars in a month. So what you think, can they afford such a thing?

Last edited:

Sartorial

#RegisteredUser
Dec 14, 2011
Saskatoon
Appears to me that someone cant read properly...read what i wrote once again and you will find a answer. Just in case...ice hockey is most expensive sport in Russia. Just for example, my cousin from Novosibirsk should pay about 150 US dollars for his kid in every month plus additional expenditures for summer camps and new equipment. Do you know that many people in Novosibirsk do not earn more than 500 dollars in a month. So what you think, can they afford such a thing?

My problem with your posts is you assume you have all the knowledge and context with respect to his situation. When you try to discredit what he says it comes across as ignorant and insensitive.

Anyway, I hope he sticks around North America for a good while. He's remarkably talented for such a big kid.

obskyr

Apr 29, 2013
Karelia
My problem with your posts is you assume you have all the knowledge and context with respect to his situation. When you try to discredit what he says it comes across as ignorant and insensitive.

Anyway, I hope he sticks around North America for a good while. He's remarkably talented for such a big kid.

The context is that a MHL kid from Moscow describes his life in Russia as if he lived in woods without a bed and a shower. That's even more over the top than Semyon Varlamov's girlfriend story about bicycles in Male. It's kinda obvious for any person in Russia and it's you who doesn't have any knowledge on the context whatsoever.

Sartorial

#RegisteredUser
Dec 14, 2011
Saskatoon
The context is that a MHL kid from Moscow describes his life in Russia as if he lived in woods without a bed and a shower. That's even more over the top than Semyon Varlamov's girlfriend story about bicycles in Male. It's kinda obvious for any person in Russia and it's you who doesn't have any knowledge on the context whatsoever.

Yes, I'm quite aware. My point was that it is stupid to just assume he's lying, because we don't know that.

VancouverCanuck

Vancouver's Finest
Oct 31, 2010
Vancouver
www.canucks.com
I think this whole "not reporting to the Q" fiasco was just a snap reaction because he truly believes that he is ready for the NHL. The Sabres management on the other hand believes that he should finish the season in the Q, dominate, win a cup, be a hero and come training camp next year, with a strict training regiment he will be better as ever and I agree with them. I also understand where Grigorenko is coming from, its something that most athletes possess, the strive to succeed and prove their worth.

I believe that Grigorenko will calm down and agree to playing in the Q and I do believe that he will come back next year a change man and will prove to everyone that he is/will be a force in this league.

Or he will F-Off to Russia and we will never hear of him ever again....

I am hoping against that latter.

Zine

Feb 28, 2002
Rostov-on-Don
Yes, I'm quite aware. My point was that it is stupid to just assume he's lying, because we don't know that.

C'mon, he's playing to the stereotypes NA have. It's damage control.

The reason Grigorenko left early for the CHL was a lack of playing time in the MHL. Did not like coach Butsayev. Grigorenko's father said so in an interview. He said they didn't move to moscow (CSKA) for Misha to be suffocated playing 5-6 minutes a game.

Grigorenko sleeping on no bed? Right.

Last edited:

SergeConstantin74

Always right.
Jul 7, 2007
C'mon, he's playing to the stereotypes NA have. It's damage control.

The reason Grigorenko left early for the CHL was a lack of playing time in the MHL. Did not like coach Butsayev. Grigorenko's father said so in an interview. He said they didn't move to moscow for Mikhail to be suffocated playing 5-6 minutes a game.

Grigorenko sleeping on no bed? Right.

You forgot about CSKA sending FSB to his hometown to check on him.

Garl

Oct 7, 2006

Haha LOL. Mavrodi should move to Canada, there's a good market there.)))

Btw, why are you so mean? This backami guy is just a poor russian dude who never had the privilige of a white guy from NA. You should be tolerant to his opinions, and not be ignorant and espescially insensitive.

Backami

Jun 26, 2013

Use your logic dude instead of talking nonsense. He erased his words from his account now. Probably understood what a stupid thing he said...
Ps: We know many people from history who had enough money to live good life but they choosed another lifestyle. But they did not complained about homeless life because it is stupid to complain about thing they choosed for themselves:sarcasm:

Backami

Jun 26, 2013
Haha LOL. Mavrodi should move to Canada, there's a good market there.)))

Btw, why are you so mean? This backami guy is just a poor russian dude who never had the privilige of a white guy from NA. You should be tolerant to his opinions, and not be ignorant and espescially insensitive.
Yeah...i am not lucky enough to have a bed, shower and heat in my room...

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Finnish reporter Sasha Huttunen(reliable, also works for a Finnish paper) posted on twitter that Grigorenko would have wanted to finish the season at Tampere Tappara (former club of Barkov). Things were all worked out between the parties but NHL nixed the move.

They really have to get that CHL/NHL thing sorted out since it's not beneficial for the players.

Mit Yarrum

HoF Turd Shiner
Apr 1, 2010
Finnish reporter Sasha Huttunen(reliable, also works for a Finnish paper) posted on twitter that Grigorenko would have wanted to finish the season at Tampere Tappara (former club of Barkov). Things were all worked out between the parties but NHL nixed the move.

They really have to get that CHL/NHL thing sorted out since it's not beneficial for the players.

Would have been OK in my book. Either way, he'll be in the AHL next year which is exactly where he belongs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad