C Mavrik Bourque (2020, 30th, DAL)

eartotheground

capslock broken
Sponsor
Jul 7, 2006
Helsinki South
im probably out to lunch, but damn I love this kid. Obviously it’s hard to compare since Pasta was playing against men from age 17, but mavrik reminds me so much of Pasternak in terms of overall offensive skill set matched with top end positional awareness
uh, i'll take it. pasta lite would be just fine for the stars.

schnapshot

Mendoza baby
Jan 8, 2015
Montreal
im probably out to lunch, but damn I love this kid. Obviously it’s hard to compare since Pasta was playing against men from age 17, but mavrik reminds me so much of Pasternak in terms of overall offensive skill set matched with top end positional awareness
Pasta is more of a sniper while Bourque is more of a playmaker though. Not the best comparison IMO.

WhatWhat

Aug 7, 2014
Man these 3 Dallas prospects have me way too hyped. Having 3 of the top forward prospects is insane, and the fact that all 3 play drastically different styles is amazing. Pure IQ and playmaking from Bourque, gritty scoring touch from Stank and Overall effective 200 foot player in Johnston. Man I hope one of the 3, if not 2, force Nills hand in the the preseason

Reactions: Dominance

Dominance

99-66-4-9-87/97
Sep 30, 2017
The Land of Hockey
Man these 3 Dallas prospects have me way too hyped. Having 3 of the top forward prospects is insane, and the fact that all 3 play drastically different styles is amazing. Pure IQ and playmaking from Bourque, gritty scoring touch from Stank and Overall effective 200 foot player in Johnston. Man I hope one of the 3, if not 2, force Nills hand in the the preseason
Each had monstrous seasons, but it’s impossible to say definitively today that any one is better than another. It’s not impossible those three could be Dallas’ first line a few years down the line…that would be fun.

WhatWhat

Aug 7, 2014
Each had monstrous seasons, but it’s impossible to say definitively today that any one is better than another. It’s not impossible those three could be Dallas’ first line a few years down the line…that would be fun.
Its the weirdest conundrum but they are all right shots. Pavs retires and ones goes with Roope and Robo on the RW and the other 2 go C - RW for lines 2.

Down the line-----

Robo - Hintz - Stank
A body - Mav/Wyatt - Mav/Wyatt

eartotheground

capslock broken
Sponsor
Jul 7, 2006
Helsinki South
Its the weirdest conundrum but they are all right shots. Pavs retires and ones goes with Roope and Robo on the RW and the other 2 go C - RW for lines 2.

Down the line-----

Robo - Hintz - Stank
A body - Mav/Wyatt - Mav/Wyatt
sure seemed like mav was on the lw for all those one timers.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
He probably starts next year in the AHL still, but he should get at least a chance in the NHL by the end of next season.

Very unlikely he gets a call-up this year.

Reactions: GermanSpitfire

Hull Fan

The Future is Now
Mar 21, 2007
Arlington, TX
I imagine Blumel will get the Seguin spot and they'll wait on Mav but next pre-season there's going to be open spots and he's got a good chance to land a space alongside Stankoven. He brings a lot similar to Domi which is what Dallas has desperately needed.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Dallas being able to add all of Johnston, Stankoven and Borque to their team over the course of 12-18 months is nuts.
Underrated juggernaut coming. What a franchise changer has Robertson been.

He slides everyone down a spot on the roster and it allows for guys like Benn, Hintz, Stankoven, Bourque, Dellandrea and Johnston to be in the right chair, or even a luxury.

Without Robertson the Stars would like somewhat like the Red Wings, but Robertson somehow makes them comparable to the very best team in the league. Wish my team was this friggin lucky for once.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad