C Mavrik Bourque (2020, 30th, DAL)

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
4 points today. 1 goal, 3 assists

Here's his goal:

Here's his assist on the OT winner. Sweet drop pass to Bourgault. They have such great chemistry

Reactions: Dominance

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
anyone have an scouting report on this guy in the playoffs?

He's been good as usual, but his production has slowed down mostly due to the games being a lot tighter and cause he hasnt been able to finish on chances to save his life lol. If given a lot of time and space like he had during the regular season he's gonna make the right play every single time, but during the playoffs teams have not given him near as much room so sometimes he has to get a pass off quickly and it'll just go into some skates, but that's pretty typical for all players at this stage. He has almost no confidence with his goal scoring right now though (despite the fact that he scored the OT game winner to keep their season alive to force game 5, which Shawinigan won and is now in the Finals thanks to that).

But man he gets and generates so many chances, but will often times in these playoffs look to make the extra pass rather than put the puck on net, and in some cases he has put the puck on net but completely flubbed the shots to where they'll go wide or get easily stopped. No confidence like I said in the goal scoring part of his game right now. Hustle and play at both ends as been very good though and he is still super smart. Hopefully he can start burying his chances in the Finals

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Had 3 more points in game 2. Scored 2 goals and setup the OT game winner to put Shawinigan up 2-0 in the Q Finals

Reactions: barriers

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
The fact that this kid is not even in the conversation for best Stars prospect makes me sooo excited. The Dallas CHL trio have had unreal seasons.

Mavrik Bourque 2.10 ppg - 93 points (65 assists in 45 games)
Wyatt Johnston 1.80 ppg - 161 points (60 goals in 89 games)
Logan Stankoven 1.80 ppg - 135 points (62 goals in 75 games)

ponder

Jul 11, 2007
Vancouver

Obviously it didn’t matter, because the Cats scored right away, but were the refs really not calling anything on Guhle there? That’s as blatant a hold as I’ve ever seen. Didn’t see a hand go up, and checking the scoresheet, there’s nothing about a call on Guhle, though I don’t know if delayed penalties where you score immediately get recorded? Memorial Cup

Regardless, FILTHY setup by Bourque despite the wrestling move from Guhle.

Last edited:

Jackpot Jaret

Oct 22, 2014
Mavrik Bourque 2.10 ppg - 93 points (65 assists in 45 games)
Wyatt Johnston 1.80 ppg - 161 points (60 goals in 89 games)
Logan Stankoven 1.80 ppg - 135 points (62 goals in 75 games)
The funny thing is, i don't have cable so i watched some random Dallas Star's fan doing a livestream of the draft. He LOST HIS MIND when Dallas selected Johnston over Stankoven. He was not happy, i remember writing on the chat to chill and to trust the scouts that do this professionally. I remember the next day laughing when Dallas ended up drafting Stankoven anyways.

WhatWhat

Aug 7, 2014
The general consensus among stars fans I know after the Stank pick was "This is forgivable because we can just pretend we took Stank at 23 and Wyatt at 47" It was a nice sigh of relief as we finally picked the tiny player with elite skills

Hindsight I think Stank at 23 would still be good value and Wyatt is somewhere considerably higher in a redraft. Dallas hit a grand slam with those first 2 picks in a year where no one really played

Preposterone

Dec 6, 2013
im probably out to lunch, but damn I love this kid. Obviously it’s hard to compare since Pasta was playing against men from age 17, but mavrik reminds me so much of Pasternak in terms of overall offensive skill set matched with top end positional awareness

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad