C Mavrik Bourque (2020, 30th, DAL)

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Not that it's any less impressive, but the 32 in 21 includes last nights game.

Up by 3 in the scoring race.

Weird, could've sworn I checked that during the game. AHL is a lot faster at updating than I thought.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
They don't do video in the AHL? How do you let them setup the exact same play they did TWICE last game. lmao

Good players make it work anyway

Look at how many goals guys like Ovi, Stamkos, and Draisaitl score from the exact same place over and over and over again

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
They don't do video in the AHL? How do you let them setup the exact same play they did TWICE last game. lmao

Then they overcommitted to Bourque's one-timer later on and gave up a free shot from the slot for another Texas PP goal. Terrible PKing, but the Texas powerplay is just fantastic as well.

Reactions: LT

VanIsle23

Jan 29, 2018
When do Stars fans think that Bourque and Stankoven are going to get a taste of the NHL? I get that they are letting them mature in the AHL but you gotta reward them at some point

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
When do Stars fans think that Bourque and Stankoven are going to get a taste of the NHL? I get that they are letting them mature in the AHL but you gotta reward them at some point

We have absolutely no cap space right now, so it will take either a significant injury to a forward or a trade for a spot to open up.

Most Stars' fans agree and are also ready to see at least one get a shot in the NHL.

serp

Jan 17, 2016

Without injuries ( or a major trade to move out money ) they are not going to play NHL games this season. Black aces in the playoffs i suppose but regular season seems unlikely . They should both start next season in the NHL though with how things are going

We recently had to play a full game against the Blues with the Blues EBUG as backup to be allowed an emergency callup since we couldn't afford to call up our #3 goalie in a regular manner . So just calling up Bourque and Stankoven because they are playing great is just not possible. At some point later in the season we'll have the capspace to bring up one but currently we're at $731,474. Thats not enough for a player.

Last edited:

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
Without injuries ( or a major trade to move out money ) they are not going to play NHL games this season. Black aces in the playoffs i suppose but regular season seems unlikely . They should both start next season in the NHL though with how things are going

We recently had to play a full game against the Blues with the Blues EBUG as backup to be allowed an emergency callup since we couldn't afford to call up our #3 goalie in a regular manner . So just calling up Bourque and Stankoven because they are playing great is just not possible. At some point later in the season we'll have the capspace to bring up one but currently we're at $731,474. Thats not enough for a player.
Which 2 players would like to get rid of, if you were in charge for a day, to allow these 2 to play?

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Which 2 players would like to get rid of, if you were in charge for a day, to allow these 2 to play?

Probably like Dadonov and one of the rotating fourth liners ( Dellandrea , Smith , Faksa ) . But even if that opens up roster spots i'm not sure it opens up lineup spots that really make sense. Kind of tricky right now with how well the forward core has been playing as well. We have two great forwards prospects lighting up the AHL while the Stars forwards have also been playing well.

For now they're just going to stay lighting up the AHL until something happening with the NHL forward core warrants change.

Almost no capspace makes for an easy excuse so this is just how this is going to stay. Not the first time they've left well performing prospects the full or close to the full regular season in the AHL in recent years .

Playoffs i could see both of them getting into the lineup regularly . Wouldn't be the first time for the Stars to leave prospects in the AHL for most of the regular season only to have them play fulltime during the NHL playoffs.

Last edited:

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
Probably like Dadonov and one of the rotating fourth liners ( Dellandrea , Smith , Faksa ) . But even if that opens up roster spots i'm not sure it opens up lineup spots that really make sense. Kind of tricky right now with how well the forward core has been playing as well. We have two great forwards prospects lighting up the AHL while the Stars forwards have also been playing well.

For now they're just going to stay lighting up the AHL until something happening with the NHL forward core warrants change.

Almost no capspace makes for an easy excuse so this is just how this is going to stay. Not the first time they've left well performing prospects the full or close to the full regular season in the AHL in recent years .

Playoffs i could see both of them getting into the lineup regularly . Wouldn't be the first time for the Stars to leave prospects in the AHL for most of the regular season only to have them play fulltime during the NHL playoffs.
:thumbu:

MrHeiskanen

Nov 12, 2017
Good players make it work anyway

Look at how many goals guys like Ovi, Stamkos, and Draisaitl score from the exact same place over and over and over again

Fair, but the top two forwards played that so horribly.

Hull Fan

The Future is Now
Mar 21, 2007
Arlington, TX
Don't look now but Bourque keeps tearing it up even without Stankoven and now leads the AHL in points. Nill knows what he has and is going to find some way to move out some money to make it possible to call him up too. Bourque filling in for Seguin while he's out should happen sooner rather than later.

Dallas made need another defenseman but more importantly they need to drop just a little money to bring up their two best prospects for a deep run. Make it happen Jimmy!

Quinnisinoverhishead

Oct 4, 2014
Don't look now but Bourque keeps tearing it up even without Stankoven and now leads the AHL in points. Nill knows what he has and is going to find some way to move out some money to make it possible to call him up too. Bourque filling in for Seguin while he's out should happen sooner rather than later.

Dallas made need another defenseman but more importantly they need to drop just a little money to bring up their two best prospects for a deep run. Make it happen Jimmy!
Scary!

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018

Extra points for being a team first guy.

A lot of players would be bitter at this point - and they'd have reason to be. Tearing up the AHL, 2 years in a row, and never had a sniff of the NHL? This kid deserves a chance and soon. If not, trade him.

Dallas is LOADED with young talent. Unless Dallas screws things up, this team will be set for the next decade.

Last edited:
Reactions: Zegs2sendhelp

MrHeiskanen

Nov 12, 2017
Extra points for being a team first guy.

A lot of players would be bitter at this point - and they'd have reason to be. Tearing up the AHL, 2 years in a row, and never had a sniff of the NHL? This kid deserves a chance and soon. If not, trade him.

Dallas is LOADED with young talent. Unless Dallas screws things up, this team will be set for the next decade.

Two years in the AHL isn't that crazy. Will be nice to win MVP and Stankoven can win Rookie of the Year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad