C/LW Anton Lundell - IFK Helsinki, Liiga (2020, 12th, FLA) Part2

ponder

Jul 11, 2007
Vancouver
funny everyone is so thirsty for that big two way skilled #1 c yet they let this guy go 12th
The more I look at this draft, the more I think that there was a very clear #1 (Laf), but 2-12 is remarkably close, and basically a crap shoot. Like 9-12 was Rossi, Perfetti, Askarov and Lundell, all really good prospects, I wouldn’t be shocked of any of them ended up the best of that 2-12 group.

I think when you look at the top 3 in this draft, they’re somewhat average. And after 12, the rest of the first round is pretty average too. But IMO picks 4-12 are very strong, quite close to picks 2-3, and they could have gone in almost any order. Lundell went 12th, but it was quite the crapshoot. Raymond/Sanderson/Drysdale/Holtz vs. Rossi/Perfetti/Askarov/Lundell ... :shrug: They have to go in some sort of order, but I have no idea what the right order is/was.

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
The more I look at this draft, the more I think that there was a very clear #1 (Laf), but 2-12 is remarkably close, and basically a crap shoot. Like 9-12 was Rossi, Perfetti, Askarov and Lundell, all really good prospects, I wouldn’t be shocked of any of them ended up the best of that 2-12 group.

I think when you look at the top 3 in this draft, they’re somewhat average. And after 12, the rest of the first round is pretty average too. But IMO picks 4-12 are very strong, quite close to picks 2-3, and they could have gone in almost any order. Lundell went 12th, but it was quite the crapshoot. Raymond/Sanderson/Drysdale/Holtz vs. Rossi/Perfetti/Askarov/Lundell ... :shrug: They have to go in some sort of order, but I have no idea what the right order is/was.

the disrespect to Quinn smh...

Reactions: Doug Prishpreed

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site

Top to bottom it looks like a terrific draft. So many players are outperforming their counterparts from the 2019 draft. It's really deep.

If you don't think Stuetzle is in a higher tier than picks 4 to 12 I dunno what to tell you. I do agree the top 12 is where this draft separates its self but it is very deep.

Lundell is a heck of a player.

Conspiracy Theorist

Jan 30, 2016
I've liked Lundell's game more than Byfield or even Stutzle's in these WJCs. Thought Detroit might have grabbed him, but falling to 12th was a surprise. Already looking like a steal.

Zub

Nov 7, 2015
Helsinki
I've liked Lundell's game more than Byfield or even Stutzle's in these WJCs. Thought Detroit might have grabbed him, but falling to 12th was a surprise. Already looking like a steal.
Yeah he's been good, only critisism i have at this point is his skating, he doesn't movie his feet alot, but has good strides, will probably take some time for him to adjust to NA sized rinks due to this, but i'm fairly confident he will do fine.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
He is efficient with his skating routes, which allows him to get to places on time. His skating might not be a high point, but it's more than good enough, to me. Probably better than ROR's and Mikko Koivu's at the same point in their respective careers, and certainly better than Mark Stones.

MichaelFarrell

Aug 29, 2016
Pittsburgh, PA
I don’t think there is much doubt he will play in the NHL. I don’t think there ever really was. But I am interested to see what his offensive upside is going to be. I wouldn’t be surprised if he turns into a Jordan Staal-like consistent 40 point player or even as good as Ryan O’Reilly.

JabbaJabba

Dec 22, 2010
Finland
Lundell is going to be great. He's just so smart, knows where to be and what to do and has the means to do it. Game against Canada will be interesting for sure. Let's see how he does against the best.

thomast

Oct 23, 2009
Lundell might be ready right now for a minor role but i don’t think it is best for his developement. I believe he should stay in Finland for this year to continue progressing like he has this year instead of playing him in limited role. It sure helped Aho and Heiskanen.

Zub

Nov 7, 2015
Helsinki
Lundell might be ready right now for a minor role but i don’t think it is best for his developement. I believe he should stay in Finland for this year to continue progressing like he has this year instead of playing him in limited role. It sure helped Aho and Heiskanen.
Lundell himself said that he's going back to HIFK to try win the SM cup.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00