C/LW Anton Lundell - IFK Helsinki, Liiga (2020, 12th, FLA) Part2

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
He said the same thing about Podkolzin. He might be wrong, but he’s paid to give opinions. At least he’s not sitting on the fence, and it’s not like he’s being malicious in saying this stuff. He sounded positive in his description.

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
Lol what's wrong with calling lundell a middle 6 player. He more likely than not ends up that rather than a top line player... So many people assume just because someone was drafted in the first half of the first round that means they have a future on a top line.

Kaako Kappo

Kaako Kappo
Oct 12, 2016
Kaako Kappo
Lol what's wrong with calling lundell a middle 6 player. He more likely than not ends up that rather than a top line player... So many people assume just because someone was drafted in the first half of the first round that means they have a future on a top line.
Why? And I don't want to hear about where #12 draft picks project on average, I want to hear why do you think Lundell is likely to end up a middle six player?

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
Why? And I don't want to hear about where #12 draft picks project on average, I want to hear why do you think Lundell is likely to end up a middle six player?
Its extremely tough to become a #1C in the NHL, and I just personally don't see Lundell having that much upside. Whats elite about him?

Kaako Kappo

Kaako Kappo
Oct 12, 2016
Kaako Kappo
Its extremely tough to become a #1C in the NHL, and I just personally don't see Lundell having that much upside. Whats elite about him?
I'm not here to argue about him being a #1C, that's not what I asked about. Answer the question.

Also I believe his vision is elite. Whether that's enough to make him a true #1 C in the NHL one day depends on how well he develops his skating ability. He does all the little things right. Small smart passes, winning 1v1s, faceoffs, being well positioned when defending and also making himself open for offense. But still, you dodged my question with a cheap "lole not elite" silliness.

Last edited:
Reactions: letsgrowcactus

Sagikev

Chadstudsky
Sep 16, 2018
I can't tell you where he'll end up, but he's looking like a 2nd C to me. His ceiling is definitely 1C though, but I doubt he gets there. I'm still not sold on him, but he looks like a player. He should stay in Europe this year and maybe even next year, he needs to work on his strength and skating (like most kids) before making the jump IMO. And taking 2 years to do so while working on his game is the best way to do it in my eyes. He should try to go to the KHL or SHL next year. NHL is not out of the question, I just wonder if it's the right move. Definitely rooting for him, that 1-2 punch of Barkov and Lundell could be deadly!

Reactions: Kaako Kappo

ChicagoBullsFan

Jun 6, 2015
Finland
I can't tell you where he'll end up, but he's looking like a 2nd C to me. His ceiling is definitely 1C though, but I doubt he gets there. I'm still not sold on him, but he looks like a player. He should stay in Europe this year and maybe even next year, he needs to work on his strength and skating (like most kids) before making the jump IMO. And taking 2 years to do so while working on his game is the best way to do it in my eyes. He should try to go to the KHL or SHL next year. NHL is not out of the question, I just wonder if it's the right move. Definitely rooting for him, that 1-2 punch of Barkov and Lundell could be deadly!

What a hell you're babbling.
First and foremost KHL IS NOT DEVELOPMENT LEAGUE.
And if you wanna examples look what KHL's so called development did
to Eeli Tolvanen, Kristian Vesalainen and Eemeli Räsänen.

All those guys played in KHL ( Jokerit named Finnish KHL team ) and look where they're now.
SHL also isn't an option for Lundell not next season and not ever.

Lundell has officially said he'll play in HIFK this season ( 2020-2021 )
and next season ( 2021-2022 ) he's coming to Florida like it or not.

And so what if Lundell doesn't play more than 9 games in NHL next season.
Panthers can assign him to AHL or loan him back to HIFK after 9 NHL games.
But it'll be mistake for Lundell to go KHL and that's a damn sure.

Reactions: Ippenator

ookhaab

Jun 8, 2016
What a hell you're babbling.
First and foremost KHL IS NOT DEVELOPMENT LEAGUE.
And if you wanna examples look what KHL's so called development did
to Eeli Tolvanen, Kristian Vesalainen and Eemeli Räsänen.

All those guys played in KHL ( Jokerit named Finnish KHL team ) and look where they're now.
SHL also isn't an option for Lundell not next season and not ever.

Lundell has officially said he'll play in HIFK this season ( 2020-2021 )
and next season ( 2021-2022 ) he's coming to Florida like it or not.

And so what if Lundell doesn't play more than 9 games in NHL next season.
Panthers can assign him to AHL or loan him back to HIFK after 9 NHL games.
But it'll be mistake for Lundell to go KHL and that's a damn sure.

What exactly did KHL do to those players?

Tolvanen became a top prospect in KHL.

Vesalainen spent half a season there and didn't really do much worse than in AHL.

Eemeli Räsänen was never that promising prospect to begin with.

Not even arguing about KHL's viability as developmental league, but your examples are awful.

Haanz

Mar 2, 2013
I had Lundell second on my draft board. He’s always been a stud... I’m just surprised it’s taken so long for him to start getting the recognition he deserves.

dedutchhockey

Dec 30, 2020
One of my favourite prospects. Great pick Florida. There is going to be a few teams that will be firing their scouting staff for passing him up and having him available at 12

ijuka

May 14, 2016
No, not really. Like he didn't react at all. And you're not that funny either.
What? It's super common that a goalie doesn't react to a deflection. You're saying that as if he didn't react to the shot, but it's very likely the goalie was in fact saving the shot - then it deflected past him.

And what do you mean funny? Let me guess, you think I'm a Lundell hater or something, which is simply ridiculous. Deflection's a deflection.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad