C/LW Anton Lundell - IFK Helsinki, Liiga (2020, 12th, FLA) Part2

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Don’t agree with the comment that Zary is Canadian Lundell. I don’t actually think Zary is a better prospect and I’m not suggesting Lundell is a likely bust, but they play the game differently. I think Zary has a higher ceiling, Lundell a slightly higher floor.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Don’t agree with the comment that Zary is Canadian Lundell. I don’t actually think Zary is a better prospect and I’m not suggesting Lundell is a likely bust, but they play the game differently. I think Zary has a higher ceiling, Lundell a slightly higher floor.

They play different styles, but they share a lot of the same characteristics, strengths, lack of real standout abilities apart from hockey IQ, average but not great skaters, that kind of stuff. They're guys who you can almost guarantee will be effective bottom six players at the least, but you still question how high they can go given their relative lack of "skill".

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
They play different styles, but they share a lot of the same characteristics, strengths, lack of real standout abilities apart from hockey IQ, average but not great skaters, that kind of stuff. They're guys who you can almost guarantee will be effective bottom six players at the least, but you still question how high they can go given their relative lack of "skill".

I see what you’re saying, but I don’t see Zary as lacking skill. I think he’s a high end playmaker.

NJ Fan 12

Jun 23, 2020
Not saying he is wrong or anything, but that dude is so biased towards Finnish prospects/players.
Actually not so much. Nevalainen pretty much calls them pretty objectively and is quick to describe flaws in a player’s game if he sees them.

Great conversation with Dean Millard and Craig Button in Tracking The Draft yesterday.

DoingItCoolKiwi

May 23, 2017
Not saying he is wrong or anything, but that dude is so biased towards Finnish prospects/players.
Everyone is biased one way or another. Scouts, GMs, you and me, all biased. And in general the bias is towards the guys you get to see play the most. Why make such a boring take for no reason when the guy literally just said Lundell's skating has improved

bigdog16

Nov 7, 2013
USA
He can’t tell if his skating has improved?

More that his skating isnt a concern

Everyone is biased one way or another. Scouts, GMs, you and me, all biased. And in general the bias is towards the guys you get to see play the most. Why make such a boring take for no reason when the guy literally just said Lundell's skating has improved

And continued to say it was never a problem to begin with anyways lol

Reactions: Filthy Dangles

wings5

Jan 6, 2008
He might be able to rise to top 5-7 with a good start to the season and especially if the other top prospects aren't playing yet

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad