C Leo Carlsson (2023, 2nd, ANA)

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
Moved to Leino, & Öberg's line, which looks really good so far.

And just scored a PPG(5v3) after some nice plays to keep the puck in, and help set up his eventual PPG.

The goal:

Also added an assist. Plus some really fun shifts.

Last edited:
Reactions: SECRET SQUIRREL

MichaelFarrell

Aug 29, 2016
Pittsburgh, PA
Just had a nice assist in the game against Timra. It’s easy to see why he’s highly regarded. Great size and has good speed for a big guy as well.

But what’s really impressive to me is his playmaking ability and confidence. He’s a phenomenal passer and he always looking to make a solid heads up play. A real threat in the offensive zone. Very good player. He’s a top 5 pick I think.

Another assist today.

When was the last time a 17 year old produced like this in the SHL?
I have a feeling his production won’t really slow down that much. Seems like he’s on the 1st power play and he’s great at setting guys up. He has the size and poise to compete against men physically as well.

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
Another assist today.

There's really only been three DY players who have produced like this: the Sedin's, & Forsberg... And there's a very real chance right now I'd say that he breaks Daniel's DY record.

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
There's really only been three DY players who have produced like this: the Sedin's, & Forsberg... And there's a very real chance right now I'd say that he breaks Daniel's DY record.

I didn't get to watch them in the SHL, so my Swedish hockey memory is not (by a longshot) as long as some of the posters here. But I can't remember a d-year forward looking so comfortable at the SHL level before. Pretty amazing stuff already and we're just getting started.

Reactions: WeThreeKings

ponder

Jul 11, 2007
Vancouver
Another assist today.

I believe Daniel Sedin has the highest scoring draft-year SHL season of all time, with 42 points in 50 games (he was 3 months older than Carlsson this year). Super early to know how Carlsson will finish, but … he’ll likely have one of the better draft-year SHL seasons ever, if he stays healthy; 7 points through 8 games is a GREAT start.

Plus, 6’3” and a centre. In a normal year he’d probably be an early 1st overall favourite, but Bedard, Michkov, Fantilli, Yager, Ritchie, Sale, Benson, Allen, Dvorsky, just such a stacked year. Who knows how it’ll go down, other than Bedard 1st. I think Carlsson goes top 5, but it’s certainly not a lock, so much competition.

Last edited:
Reactions: WeThreeKings

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad