C Leo Carlsson (2023, 2nd, ANA)

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
Obviously Leo should be groomed to play whatever position will maximize his talents and it’s great that he is versatile but I’ll be kinda annoyed if a guy with his big frame and elite playmaking potential ends up as yet another winger at the next level. Eklund, yea fine I get it but I hope Carlsson can be the heir to Backstrom someday.

Is Stenberg a natural center? EP has both listed as centers.

Reactions: Kennerback

Nagatoarek

Apr 18, 2022
Sweden
You shouldn't be taking too much from pre-season, but it's looking like Leo and Bromé will be the ones having to drag ÖHK through this season. Very little fighting spirit in this team outside of these two.

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
An interview with Mathias Bromé, prior to the Skoda Hockey pre-season games(aka. Leo's last 2 games):

When asked to put together a top line for the regular season he said himself, Leino, & Leo. Safe to say Leo has left a good impression on him.

When asked about what makes Leo good he pretty much just listed everything one can list. While saying, as people in Swedish hockey often do, that the thing Leo needs now is to turn pro, and everything that entails.

Nagatoarek

Apr 18, 2022
Sweden
I would be surprised if he had answered anyone but Leo. Leo has imo been the most impressive player during the pre-season for Örebro. Not sure if they'll try to protect him more by giving him 3rd line minutes, but I really think he's ready for the top 6.

Mister Ed

Dec 21, 2008
He should be inching in the top 10 for the 2023 draft, no? He has the physical tools, the smooth skating and he's getting there in the skills department.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
I’d have him 3rd right now.

The way I see Carlsson vs Fantilli, is you've probably got a safer floor projection on Fantilli, he looks guaranteed to at least be a 50-60 pt power wing in the NHL.

But the upside on Carlsson looks higher to me. Fantilli is certainly skilled but Carlssons skill package is a tier above, it's a question of consistency and applying it all at the NHL level.

Will be an interesting storyline to follow, they are both in great leagues this year too.

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden

Scored another goal yesterday against HV71, where Abols centered him, & Bromé(aka. a clear cut top line). As per usual he played really well and could've had more points. Also was put on PP1.

Oilers + Canucks scouts were there to watch him.

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
Early returns from moving Bromé away(to Öberg's spot) from Carlsson, & Abols looks to be good, Abols' best game so far. An assist for Carlsson on Abols' goal, and a clean breakaway from Abols to Carlsson that Lindbäck stopped, so far against Brynäs.

Örebro's defenders need to stop making so many mistakes, though.

Edit: his assist:

Last edited:

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden

Smaller interview with Måns Karlsson.

Regarding the draft and all that jazz he says he sees it, but that it's just fun and gives him confidence. Doesn't really feel any pressure from it.

Against Brynäs there were ~20 scouts, one of which said Leo keeps getting better for each game he plays, something Leo himself doesn't really agree with. Feels the 2 games prior to the Brynäs games weren't the best.

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
Hes a lock for top 5

Bedard and Michov are locks for the top 5 after that there is some fluidity as the number of excellent elite forward prospects in this draft is simply outstanding.

Scored another goal yesterday against HV71, where Abols centered him, & Bromé(aka. a clear cut top line). As per usual he played really well and could've had more points. Also was put on PP1.

Oilers + Canucks scouts were there to watch him.

The Canucks also have 4 players that were either drafted or in their system at one point on the team plus EP 2.0

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad