C Leo Carlsson (2023, 2nd, ANA)

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
He for some reason was playing a U18 game. In which he suffered an elbow fracture.

So he will miss U18 Worlds. Thanks Örebro.

Martinez89

May 20, 2019
He for some reason was playing a U18 game. In which he suffered an elbow fracture.

So he will miss U18 Worlds. Thanks Örebro.
What? Really? :mad:
I wonder why people don´t pay much attention to him, only 2 sites... Leo Carlsson seems to be the best prospect playing in Sweden, awesome stats, great hockey sense.

Reactions: Muffinalt

mistaclick

Feb 2, 2022
I didn't really know about Carlsson when I first got giddy watching him play for Orebro. Thought I had maybe found some sort of sleeper for the 2022 class. He's going to be good, the highlights just backup that notion.

Complete center that can do it all, power game, playmaking, finishing, creatively beats defenders and chains moves together, screams high IQ with size who's game has already translated against men. Looks like a top-5 talent, let's see how he looks next year.

Steve Kournianos

@thedraftanalyst
This is the horse I'm betting on this year.

I think if there's anyone able to threaten the consensus top 3, it's Leo.

He’s my No. 4 behind Bedard, Michkov, and Fantilli, which means I had to do the difficult task of ranking him ahead of Yager. Nearly two points a game in the J20 as a draft-1, and he was a two-way forward for them.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
He’s my No. 4 behind Bedard, Michkov, and Fantilli, which means I had to do the difficult task of ranking him ahead of Yager. Nearly two points a game in the J20 as a draft-1, and he was a two-way forward for them.

He's got the size, the reach, the hands, the IQ has flashed pretty well and his skating is pretty buttery for a kid of that size at that age.

He also had the confidence when he played up levels to attack defenders and try to make skilled plays.

Really, really like this kid and hope he continues on an upward progression.

OgeeOgelthorpe

Baldina
Feb 29, 2020

I think the Wings have improved enough to be a wildcard team in the postseason but if they somehow miss and are back in the lottery then I'm hoping they win so they get a chance to pick this kid. I don't think he falls below #6 even in a draft year as ridiculous as 2023. In an average draft this kid, like Fantilli, would go top 2.

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017

Is it just me but his skating look a bit awkward? He looks way taller than his listed 6'3. I am not sure... He looks very tall and super skinny but you look at his listed height/weight it's quite normal.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Is it just me but his skating look a bit awkward? He looks way taller than his listed 6'3. I am not sure... He looks very tall and super skinny but you look at his listed height/weight it's quite normal.

It can look a little awkward but I find that about most 6'3" teenagers who have a lot of room to put on weight.

Muffinalt

Mar 1, 2016
Hungary

Top 5 this year is going to be just bonkers.

The way Leo looks in the SHL as a 16 year old... Shouldnt need any harder indication of what kind of a prospect he is.

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
I heard he played a lot of wing last year, do people who watch the SHL or follow Örebro think he can be a center full-time?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad