C Joseph Veleno - Saint John Sea Dogs, QMJHL (2018, 30th, DET)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LSL Parent

Nov 2, 2013
Veleno isn't going to SSM to pursue NCAA hockey. The Lions did not push him there. He reportedly fired his agent this week, and is leaving the Lions due to a lack of ice time in the finals.

What a joke, our super star is only a few weeks younger then many players in our league. What a propaganda machine, enough already!

Let sleeping dogs sleep.

Good luck, and bye !!

SJhockey

Oct 8, 2013
Anybody have any insight on what happened to him in the playoffs. He had 0 points in his last 9 games. He had been on fire all season and was great at the CWG. Was his ice time and/or PP time severely limited? Was he playing injured?

wings5

Jan 6, 2008
Anybody have any insight on what happened to him in the playoffs. He had 0 points in his last 9 games. He had been on fire all season and was great at the CWG. Was his ice time and/or PP time severely limited? Was he playing injured?

Refer to post 175 a page back, either he did something to piss off the coach or coach doesn't like him idk I didn't hear of an injury.

JayKing

Go Habs Go
Dec 30, 2011
Montreal
Refer to post 175 a page back, either he did something to piss off the coach or coach doesn't like him idk I didn't hear of an injury.

Translation:

"Joseph Veleno is not in the game. He'll encourage his team from the bench with a cast on his hand."

CRRhockey

Jan 29, 2013
I have no idea what happened, but to say the Lions coaching staff did not like him is pretty shocking. They were padding his points from the bench most of the season. Sounds like something fell apart - he fired his agent whom is very connected to the coaches there. At any rate, the kid is a talented player but not ready for the QMJHL, yet IMO. Surprised about the SSM claim for next year but it could be true.

Suzuki x 14

GoHabsGo
Mar 14, 2006
Montreal

He got hurt in game 3 of the Quarter Finals vs St-Eustache after blocking a shot off the wrist (his own teams shot in front of the net on the PP)
Did not dress for game 4 and 5
Also did not dress for all 3 games vs Levis in the Semi's
Was first thought to be broken and was placed in a cast, but upon returning to the doctor after swelling went down, it was just badly bruised

Returned for the 4 games in the finals with limited ice time which didnt really matter because Lions were no match for the Grenadiers.

Passchendaele

Dec 11, 2006
If Crosby wasn't given a free pass at 15, I don't know why Veleno would. He'll wait like all the others.

Hockey RUS

May 7, 2013
His agent and the Lions technical guy are siblings. No one will ever get the real story as there are always two sides.

He was heavily marketed and promoted during the past season. You had to be from another planet not to have heard the name in last 6 months in the western part of the city.

Lots of really good players around who do not get that hype. You have to see the kids for yourself.

Mathletic

Feb 28, 2002
Ste-Foy
Veleno hasn't even applied for special treatment and enter the Q at 15. Lalancette reported that maybe he was waiting to see who'd get the first pick to begin with. Saint John will contact him.

Plastic Joseph

Unregistered User
Mar 21, 2014

That makes no sense. Four players have received it since Crosby was 15.

Not to mention there is an application process that exists now, unlike when Crosby tried.

People also forget to remember the Crosby was trying to play for the Mooseheads, not enter the draft a year early, much like Spezza played for his home town Batallion as a 15yo before entering the OHL draft.

Completely different scenarios

Zaddy

Feb 8, 2013

Probably not anything new but thought it was worth posting. Those of you who have seen him, how good is he? Is he really exceptional or is this thing a longshot?

JayKing

Go Habs Go
Dec 30, 2011
Montreal
I think the deadline is tomorrow so we'll know by wednesday if he went through with it or not. I think personally think he won't apply for it and head to Shattucks for a year.

Passchendaele

Dec 11, 2006
I think the deadline is tomorrow so we'll know by wednesday if he went through with it or not. I think personally think he won't apply for it and head to Shattucks for a year.

Yes, he will apply. Can't provide a link because I've read that in Le Journal de Montréal but.. he confirmed it.

PorkChopSandwiches

Oct 31, 2011
The Q draft is Juin 6th, so we'll know before that.

Im pretty sure the league already told the family that if they apply, they will grant. So now that he has signed the papers its just the triviality of 'filing' them and for the family its about finding out if this is best for them.

Hockey RUS

May 7, 2013
He is going to the Q. The prep school decoy was pressure on the Q not to lose him. He is the top dawg and heavily marketed in Quebec. The Q is a business and could not let him slip away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad