C Dylan Cozens - Lethbridge Hurricanes, WHL (2019, 7th, BUF)

PWJunior

Stay safe!
Apr 11, 2010
Long Island, NY
I am definitely a fan.. I can easily see him in the top 5, top 10 should be a lock.

I found that he was a little snake bit at the HG Cup but .. his overall game was outstanding. A really solid player.

I love this kid. I think it says a lot that he was the shutdown center for Canada in the Hlinka. Big, swift, smart, and skilled. The RH shot is a nice bonus.

He'd be a great #2 behind Barzal. A little bit of thunder to Barzal's lightning.

Dubcanesfan

Jan 6, 2016
I am definitely a fan.. I can easily see him in the top 5, top 10 should be a lock.

I found that he was a little snake bit at the HG Cup but .. his overall game was outstanding. A really solid player.

He can definitely be a snake lol, when I go watch the canes I see him make a couple little shots at players for sure. I will be surprised if he's out of the top 10 in the draft. He's a great all around center

landy92mack29

May 5, 2014
saskatchewan
Yeah was there and he was tremendous in both ends of the ice. He really has a sneaky release that will be a weapon in the pros. He does need to bulk up though as he got pinned to the boards a little too easily.

Reactions: 99664987

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Cozens and Dach off to great starts in their first couple of games. Krebs not to far behind but I suspect Krebs will have lower point totals then either. His team is much weaker overall.

Cozens has a damn good shot though. I think he'll score a lot this season. Lethbridge looks really good so far.

bukwas

Stanley Cup 2022
Sep 27, 2017
Loved his games in the summer.
I'll have to make a point of attending a couple Canes games this season

Riggins

Jul 12, 2002
Vancouver, BC
5+5 for 10 pts in 4 games. Might need to find a way to get Cozens on the WJC squad.

Seems like he is playing wing to start the year though? Not taking many faceoffs according to the game sheets.

tv14

Cam Dadbot
Feb 12, 2008
Alberta
5+5 for 10 pts in 4 games. Might need to find a way to get Cozens on the WJC squad.

Seems like he is playing wing to start the year though? Not taking many faceoffs according to the game sheets.

He’s been playing RW on Bellerive’s line to start.

Daximus

Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills

Been playing wing all year. Might be better for him in the long run. Wingers just have a lot more options to shoot and he's a shooter.

landy92mack29

May 5, 2014
saskatchewan
After a mini slump he's back on track with 5 points in his last 3 games including 1g+1a tonight. Good start to his year with 17 points in 12 games. He's mostly been playing RW but has had some time at C

Reactions: GrittyHawkDown

780il

edm
May 29, 2018
Edmonton AB
The Oilers are back to being shit. That means I'm back to scouting out next years top prospects. Cozens is a guy I'd love to have for Leon's rw in Edmonton. The package of size, skill, speed, and shot is so tempting he does it all, and he'd add that right handed bomb of a one-t on the left half boards of the pp that we badly need.

Castle8130

May 9, 2017
The Oilers are back to being ****. That means I'm back to scouting out next years top prospects. Cozens is a guy I'd love to have for Leon's rw in Edmonton. The package of size, skill, speed, and shot is so tempting he does it all, and he'd add that right handed bomb of a one-t on the left half boards of the pp that we badly need.
Does Edmontons future consist of only 1st round picks that they draft?

Ex:
Bouchard
Mcdavid
RNH
Draisaitl
Pool party
Yamamoto
Nurse
Klefbom
(Larsson who was a 1st round pick traded for another 1st round pick)

Last edited:

780il

edm
May 29, 2018
Edmonton AB
Does Edmontons future consist of only 1st round picks that they draft?

Ex:
Bouchard
Mcdavid
RNH
Draisaitl
Pool party
Yamamoto
Not at all. We actually have a pretty good share of prospects. Benson, Marody, Jones, Bear, Maximov, Safin that have potential to be key pieces of our team in the future.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
I am still very much on the fence about him. I see the desire, work ethic, and explosiveness that you want for a prospect getting this much hype, but I simply haven't seen the talent for him to be considered a top 5 player. One big issue I have is that he relies way too much on his skating to make plays happen and generate offence for him. He's a fantastic skater so don't get me wrong, but when he gets to play against pros who are all great skaters nowadays he might be lost in the shuffle. Don't think I will take him over Dach as of now, but anything can change.

Daximus

Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
I am still very much on the fence about him. I see the desire, work ethic, and explosiveness that you want for a prospect getting this much hype, but I simply haven't seen the talent for him to be considered a top 5 player. One big issue I have is that he relies way too much on his skating to make plays happen and generate offence for him. He's a fantastic skater so don't get me wrong, but when he gets to play against pros who are all great skaters nowadays he might be lost in the shuffle. Don't think I will take him over Dach as of now, but anything can change.

Hes pretty much the opposite of Dach. A great skater with a solid shot arsenal and medium IQ and passing. While Dach is a mediocre skater, with medium shot arsenal and high IQ and passing.

Nabrules

Nov 5, 2018
Does anyone know how he’s been playing through the first 2 months of the season? Wanted to ask because his points aren’t overwhelming for a projected top 5 pick! I’ve always kinda viewed his as a Kesler type of player. Not as snarl but a shoot first 2 way C with great speed. Is that a fair comp? Thanks!

Gold Standard

Sep 7, 2018
a few more of those types of games he just may secure himself an invite to junior camp. I don't think he makes it, but good to see him having monster games. I hope he keeps it going leading into the U18 tournament in April.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $200.00