C Dylan Cozens - Lethbridge Hurricanes, WHL (2019, 7th, BUF)

Bankerguy

Apr 28, 2013
Stats track kind of track like Matt Duchene
Both CHL players who can play wing and C

Cozens 1.39 ppg draft year
Duchene 1.38 ppg draft year

Cozens 0.93 ppg draft -1 year
Duchene 0.79 ppg draft -1 year

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
I was just about to say that, Cozens has clearly overtaken Dach for me. Tbh i also have Zegras ahead of Dach.

Dominance

99-66-4-9-87/97
Sep 30, 2017
The Land of Hockey
Ehhhh, as one who has watched both play a dozen times this year (multiple live) I’d still comfortably take Dach. Don’t get fooled by the stats. Kirby has played great the last month and I’m flabbergasted by how he’s only got a meagre handful of points.

Gold Standard

Sep 7, 2018
Ehhhh, as one who has watched both play a dozen times this year (multiple live) I’d still comfortably take Dach. Don’t get fooled by the stats. Kirby has played great the last month and I’m flabbergasted by how he’s only got a meagre handful of points.

I think I'd probably take Cozens, but they are close.

a little off topic...you and I still got to revisit our conversation about Jaret Anderson Dolan. I was right.

Dominance

99-66-4-9-87/97
Sep 30, 2017
The Land of Hockey
I think I'd probably take Cozens, but they are close.

a little off topic...you and I still got to revisit our conversation about Jaret Anderson Dolan. I was right.
That’s true. He was one of our better forwards defensively and on the forecheck, but he did absolutely nothing offensively. I saw that his injured wrist was still completely wrapped up, though, so that probably had a significant effect on his ability to generate offense. I can’t imagine trying to puckhandle with one hand immobilized.

Halak Ness Monster

Nov 11, 2010
St. Louis, MO
Everytime I hear his name and see his ranking I think of Dylan Strome 2.0 :shudder:

Funny...that's what I think of when I see Kirby Dach.

Dach and Strome are similar average skaters. Now it should be noted that Strome is starting to break through a bit. The skill is still there. I just think it's taking him awhile because he's a slower player in the NHL. That's a tough adjustment.

Zaddy

Feb 8, 2013
He's a smarter player than Dach too. I think there's less risk.

Wait what? How exactly is Cozens smarter than Dach? For my money, Cozens weakest part of his game is his IQ, whereas that is the strongest part of Dach's game...

Reactions: Meeqs

Zaddy

Feb 8, 2013
Can anyone tell me what exactly Cozens is doing here?

This isn't an isolated incident either. I just don't get the hype for this kid. Doesn't process the game well at all. No vision. Poor puck skills.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Can anyone tell me what exactly Cozens is doing here?

This isn't an isolated incident either. I just don't get the hype for this kid. Doesn't process the game well at all. No vision. Poor puck skills.

Go watch the Hlinka games again and tell me he’s not a beast. One turnover in his end isn’t the end of the world.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad