C Dylan Cozens - Lethbridge Hurricanes, WHL (2019, 7th, BUF)

landy92mack29

May 5, 2014
saskatchewan
I haven't been a big fan of Lethbridges coach this year as he constantly moves Cozens and Barlage from center to wing and back again. Also always switching the linemates giving them no chance to develop real chemistry which imo is why Lethbridge has been such an anomaly this year as well as the hot and cold streaks Cozens and Barlage have had this year.

Hopefully the lines finally settle with Cozens at C with the same linemates soon for his sake and the teams.

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
I haven't been a big fan of Lethbridges coach this year as he constantly moves Cozens and Barlage from center to wing and back again. Also always switching the linemates giving them no chance to develop real chemistry which imo is why Lethbridge has been such an anomaly this year as well as the hot and cold streaks Cozens and Barlage have had this year.

Hopefully the lines finally settle with Cozens at C with the same linemates soon for his sake and the teams.

I'd like to see Barlage and him together. Both big bodied C's that can take faceoff and play wing. Both kids that have good shooting abilities. Cozens gets better results from far out, Barlage drives the net well.

Reactions: GrittyHawkDown

landy92mack29

May 5, 2014
saskatchewan
I'd like to see Barlage and him together. Both big bodied C's that can take faceoff and play wing. Both kids that have good shooting abilities. Cozens gets better results from far out, Barlage drives the net well.
yeah I think the perfect line would be Bellerive-Cozens-Barlage. Bellerive the smaller playmaker, Barlage the big shot net front guy and Cozens the jack of all trades speedster to drive the line from the middle.

LeafChief

Matthew Knies Enthusiast
Mar 5, 2013
Scarborough
Not to say he would have made it but I find it pretty stupid to not invite him to the WJHC camp.

I understand he's by definition an under-ager for the tournament but size is not an issue (and obviously neither is skill). He was a beast at the Hlinka.

Icebreakers

Apr 29, 2011
Not to say he would have made it but I find it pretty stupid to not invite him to the WJHC camp.

I understand he's by definition an under-ager for the tournament but size is not an issue (and obviously neither is skill). He was a beast at the Hlinka.

Theres no room for him so theres no point to bring him. Even guys like Drouin and Mackinnon got 4th line minutes. Underage Canadians dont have impact on WJC unless if you are a first overall talent. Cozens isnt better than most of the other 19 year olds right now. Hes not close to a first overall talent. Glass/Hayton/Veleno/Frost are locked down the middle

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto

We did great last year winning it while leaving off names like Glass and Suzuki. We don't tend to take 17 year olds unless they are truly exceptional or they fill a very specific role (Lawson Crouse). Here is the list of 17 year olds we have taken since the 2006 WJC.

Jonathan Toews (2006)
Sam Gagner (2007)
John Tavares (2008)
Steven Stamkos (2008)
Ryan Ellis (2009)
Evander Kane (2009)
Nathan MacKinnon (2013)
Jonathan Drouin (2013)
Connor McDavid (2015)
Lawson Crouse (2015)

A couple things are notable. One, it is very difficult to make it as a 17-year-old. Here's a list of guys who had exceptional seasons at 17 and were left off. Nolan Patrick, Mitch Marner, Dylan Strome, Sam Bennett, Ryan Nugent-Hopkins, Tyler Seguin, Taylor Hall, and Doughty. Some of these guys didn't even get invites. Cozens is a good prospect, but he's probably 3rd in line for a 17-year-old invite this year behind Lafreniere who got one, and Dach who didn't. Canada has done well the last 2 tournaments with a very veteran heavy approach, winning gold one year and losing in a shootout in the other.

Would I rather Cozens got a spot over Lavoie? Yeah, but the coaches liked him at the WJC Camp. I don't really see Cozens as a snub.

Dominance

99-66-4-9-87/97
Sep 30, 2017
The Land of Hockey
Reactions: KirkAlbuquerque

devilsfan35

Jun 15, 2015
I’ve seen mackinnon comparisons because of his power. Is this a fair comparison?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad