Prospect Info: (C) David Gustafsson (2018, 60th overall pick)

HaNotsri

Regstred User
Dec 29, 2013
He's actually playing about 3 more minutes a game on average this season, even though he's been on and off the "4th" line, his ppg is also significantly up from last season. Unless you're saying powerplay goals rather than points per game.
Yeah, looked on the SHL official stats and turns out he has only played 36 games. Took a break from watching the team as well during the slog of november/december/january and must have missed his absence (juniors). Read 46 for some reason...

He had a progression in the lineup from scratch to a pseudo first line C last year. Mostly due to coach weirdness and veterans underperforming, our supposed 1C was forced to play wing and really p***** off. Gustafsson didn't play as many minutes even though he was on what was assumed to be the first line/offensive deployment line. He did play with the most talented players on the team.
This year he is playing with Isaac Brännström (a career high 10 pts season) and Thörngren (12 pts). Two small guys that are mostly good at being really annoying corsi machines, the amount of chances they miss...

He ranks 40th in corsi but then there are a lot of 1-3 games players ahead of him: https://www.shl.se/statistik/spelare/extendedmetrics?season=2018&gameType=regular&count=50

Reactions: Atoyot

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
Yeah, looked on the SHL official stats and turns out he has only played 36 games. Took a break from watching the team as well during the slog of november/december/january and must have missed his absence (juniors). Read 46 for some reason...

He had a progression in the lineup from scratch to a pseudo first line C last year. Mostly due to coach weirdness and veterans underperforming, our supposed 1C was forced to play wing and really p***** off. Gustafsson didn't play as many minutes even though he was on what was assumed to be the first line/offensive deployment line. He did play with the most talented players on the team.
This year he is playing with Isaac Brännström (a career high 10 pts season) and Thörngren (12 pts). Two small guys that are mostly good at being really annoying corsi machines, the amount of chances they miss...

He ranks 40th in corsi but then there are a lot of 1-3 games players ahead of him: https://www.shl.se/statistik/spelare/extendedmetrics?season=2018&gameType=regular&count=50

He ranks 40th in corsi but then there are a lot of 1-3 games players ahead of him: Statistik spelare 2018/2019 - SHL.se
William Alftberg - 13GP, 1CF, 0CA, 0:04 minutes per game average. Poor kid why even have him up? :laugh:

HaNotsri

Regstred User
Dec 29, 2013
William Alftberg - 13GP, 1CF, 0CA, 0:04 minutes per game average. Poor kid why even have him up? :laugh:
He’s probably played with the juniors at the same time. It’s not super uncommon for juniors to play with their U20/U18 team and then sit on the bench with the senior squad ”just in case.” Or he has just been brought along on some road trips. Not like the NHL since the clubs have their own academies for the junior squads and giving them classes that counts as school hours. You can basically play for three different teams within your organization as a junior.

I think that’s a boring thing with the draft, it’s kind of cool when a players stays with the same club from being five years old to retirement.

Some teams have managed to mess prospects up by loaning them to other teams and bring them back and forth multiple times however...

Whileee

May 29, 2010
I wonder how Gustafsson will fare in 2019-20
Depends on whether he's been able to add more quickness / speed to his game. I like his smarts and effort, but he needs another step or two of quickness.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Depends on whether he's been able to add more quickness / speed to his game. I like his smarts and effort, but he needs another step or two of quickness.

Yup if he can keep adding speed he could be a nice all around 3C, small chance as a 2C if everything goes well.

Neuf

Leaving HFBoards for now
Dec 17, 2016
This guy has made it through a few rounds of cuts. Early concerns were his skating, which seems to have improved.

I like his stick work. What are your thoughts on his camp showing?

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
This guy has made it through a few rounds of cuts. Early concerns were his skating, which seems to have improved.

I like his stick work. What are your thoughts on his camp showing?
I thought he has had a great camp. I'm wondering if Little is out if the give him a few games to start the season.

RustyCat

Registered homie
Dec 29, 2014
Winnipeg
Far better than expected. Would like to see him start the year with the big club, maybe on the we wing with Copp & Lowry?

Howard Chuck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Winnipeg
I’d hate to see little out for long but sometimes that’s what it takes to have guys step up. It’s what gave Scheifele his shot.

Reactions: hn777

Snot Rocket

HF anti-tank squad
Feb 3, 2013
Winnipeg
For me one of the surprises of camp along with Luoto, but not as big of a surprise as Heinola. Bottom 6 ready if needed.
I really liked his game...he quietly was doing the right things and had excellent compete from what I saw.
May not be the fastest guy but seemed to use his head to be in position when things went sideways. he Seems very solid and strong.
I am sure he would be catching more attention if Ville wasn't throwing a Godzilla sized shadow out there. Does he stick for a while longer?
Hope so.

Son of Petter

Who wants to walk with Elias?
Jun 5, 2013
Kanata
Hey guys, Canucks fan coming in peace since this is such a cool story. From what I gather it’s NHL or he has to be sent back to Sweden due to the league’s transfer agreement? Anyway, how has his offense progressed?

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Hey guys, Canucks fan coming in peace since this is such a cool story. From what I gather it’s NHL or he has to be sent back to Sweden due to the league’s transfer agreement? Anyway, how has his offense progressed?
His offense is a bit of an unknown. He hasn't made the team based on offense, but more so with the way he has played without the puck.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
I think he's still likely to end up back in Sweden this season, though I would much prefer him to Letestu. I think it's more an issue of giving him lots of icetime, which he might not get as a #12-13 F on the Jets.

My guess is that he sticks with the Jets until Little is healthy.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $300.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $150.00