Prospect Info: (C) David Gustafsson (2018, 60th overall pick)

CanWin

What happens now?
Mar 7, 2014
Winnerpeg
I think he's still likely to end up back in Sweden this season, though I would much prefer him to Letestu. I think it's more an issue of giving him lots of icetime, which he might not get as a #12-13 F on the Jets.

My guess is that he sticks with the Jets until Little is healthy.
Any chance they play him in Little’s spot or does that trigger Laine again. Reasoning on that one would be to continue to try him in a spot that they may be grooming him for. I see Roslovic as more of a bottom six player, and Maurice might be hesitant to play him up the lineup, preferring instead to play him in the position he’s pencilled in for. My guess that is fourth line.

Board Bard

Dane-O-Mite
Jun 7, 2014
Any chance they play him in Little’s spot or does that trigger Laine again. Reasoning on that one would be to continue to try him in a spot that they may be grooming him for. I see Roslovic as more of a bottom six player, and Maurice might be hesitant to play him up the lineup, preferring instead to play him in the position he’s pencilled in for. My guess that is fourth line.

Plus Gus is big, and that's like dollar signs in Maurice's eyes (e.g., Lowry).

Reactions: angrymnky

MardyBum

Jul 4, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
With Little's "unfortunate" injury he could get an extended look. Doubt he'll be on the second line, but this may force Mo to play Copp as the 2c so maybe a spot on the third line if he trusts him defensively.

Who am I kidding, ELL 2.0 coming to a rink near you soon :eek::sarcasm:

Board Bard

Dane-O-Mite
Jun 7, 2014
I see the presence of some smaller players on the team convinces some people that Maurice does not have a fetish for big. I suppose the presence of some kids on team is also proof that he doesn't have a fetish for gud vets.

Reactions: Farmboy Patty

Howard Chuck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Winnipeg
I really liked his play away from the puck and his defensive responsibilities looked very good. I saw glimpses of some offense, but I just don't know about that side of him yet.

I don't think he will be a liability out there from what we saw in preseason, but can he be more? I hope we get a chance to find out (not at Little's expense though).

Reactions: hn777

StumpyTown

Sep 26, 2016
Maybe this guy will turn out as well as another Swede did back in the 80s (A great 2nd line centre named Steen comes to mind)

heilongjetsfan

Jul 4, 2011
Heinola, Pionk,Morrissey,Little,Ehlers, Perreault, Connor,Roslovic, Letestu,Niku. All guys on the smaller side. No, not true words.
?

He said Mau likes big guys. He likes to give them ice time. You made a list of not big players, 3 of the 8 have never played a game for the Jets and 3 others get less ice time than they should. Connor is probably overplayed, but he's not exactly tiny either.

Not sure what
A) your point is or,
B) what you think my point is.

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
I see the presence of some smaller players on the team convinces some people that Maurice does not have a fetish for big. I suppose the presence of some kids on team is also proof that he doesn't have a fetish for gud vets.
Or, maybe he understands roles and roster balance

We're you the guy in Nintendo hockey that dressed all skinny guys?

Reactions: Moe Mantha

Mbraunm

Oct 19, 2016

Maurice doesn’t have much of a choice as Chevy brought those smaller players in.

Maurice’s ideal lineup (big, older, grinders) is very different than what he currently has (skill, speed).

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Heinola, Pionk,Morrissey,Little,Ehlers, Perreault, Connor,Roslovic, Letestu,Niku. All guys on the smaller side. No, not true words.

Also not true in a more literal sense. Gus is hardly big. 6'1, 192 is not big. Not even close.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Keep Gus. Play Letestu. :shakehead

Some people have worried that Gus would not get enough TOI playing on the 4th line. How much will he get in the PB?

Reactions: Classic16

JetsUK

Oct 1, 2015
Keep Gus. Play Letestu. :shakehead

Some people have worried that Gus would not get enough TOI playing on the 4th line. How much will he get in the PB?

Not a lot, but he may sit there a while earning the keys to the car, or until Letestu's creaky frame gives out. Recurring theme of the Mo Era, despite his claims to the contrary; viz., from last year, “We don't want, on principle, young players sitting around for long periods of time and not playing,”

Mo seems to use the pressbox as a kind of teaching tool for young players, maybe so they can be so filled with rage at the tweeter vets in their place that they're even hungrier for ice-time, despite they rust they accrue sitting game after game. I expect that Gus will be designated popcorn-eater until Little returns. Maybe he gets a game or two. Then back home to play some actual hockey.

DannyGallivan

Your world frightens and confuses me
Aug 25, 2017
Melonville
Maybe this guy will turn out as well as another Swede did back in the 80s (A great 2nd line centre named Steen comes to mind)
Maybe he'll be the next Mats Sundin or Peter Forsberg???

What exactly did he do in the pre-season again?

Ya know, I think I'm going to temper my expectations just a tad on this kid. First, I'll see if he's even a legit fourth liner in the NHL. We'll work our way up to Thomas Steen status slowly.

MrBoJangelz71

Jan 14, 2014

I guess the proof is in the pudding? We are on schedule to be the youngest team in the league, top 3 the past couple of seasons.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad