Prospect Info: (C) David Gustafsson (2018, 60th overall pick)

Joe Hallenback

Mar 4, 2005
3rd Line center with his upside being a 2nd line center if his offense picks up. He is a big solid 2 way center right now. Going to feature in the Swedish World Junior team. Can't fault them for this pick seems like a solid future NHLer

Hammer Slammer

Mar 26, 2010
Winnipeg
HP dropped him due to his skating ability, calling it a "big drawback" in their black book. Good hockey IQ and good kid, hope he can improve the skating for today's NHL.

GJF

Beaver Jedi
Sep 26, 2011
Heidelberg, GER

None

Feb 22, 2012
I think he could be a bigger Viktor Arvidsson. A little less tenacious and his skating is nowhere near Arvidsson's, but I think the offense is definitely there in the same manner as Arvidsson. His skating reminds me a little bit of Alex Burmistrov, who I thought never had top end speed but could make quick turns.

Probably less of a headless chicken in the d-zone too over Arvidsson.

I like this pick quite a bit, but as I said in the draft day thread, I liked Hållander just a little more.

Scheifele55

Jun 22, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Gustafsson

Ranked #106 by HOCKEYPROSPECT.COM
Ranked #43 by FUTURE CONSIDERATIONS
Ranked #44 by ISS HOCKEY
Ranked #50 by MCKEEN'S HOCKEY
Ranked #24 by NHL CENTRAL SCOUTING (EU Skaters)
Ranked #64 by TSN/McKenzie

that calculates to a #55 projection and even #45 without the #106 Hockeyprospect projection. Looks just spot on for #60 overall pick.

Your calculation is skewed. You based it on him being #24 overall and failed to add in North American Skaters... since there is no overall because the NHL GM's dictate CS rankings like this we can say he is #48.

Based on that he is ranked #49 without HP or #59 with.

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Great pick for us. High character kid, hard worker, good size. Great vision. He has a decent shot arsenal but loves to sit in front of the net and bang in rebounds. He is likely going to be a middle 6 two-way type center.

Reactions: surixon and ps241

MardyBum

Jul 4, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Interesting. Gustafsson outscored K Ves in ppg.

He had what was considered a disappointing season, he was ranked around the top 5 before the season started. Obviously had a big rebound this year.

But yeah, to Gustafsson, playing in a bottom 6 role as a teenager in the SHL and putting up 12 points in 45 games is good, I really like this pick.

Hammer Slammer

Mar 26, 2010
Winnipeg
He had what was considered a disappointing season, he was ranked around the top 5 before the season started. Obviously had a big rebound this year.

But yeah, to Gustafsson, playing in a bottom 6 role as a teenager in the SHL and putting up 12 points in 45 games is good, I really like this pick.

Also scored 9 of those points in the last 19 games of the year. Average icetime improved a bit and looks like he ran with it.

Reactions: MardyBum

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->