C Cutter Gauthier - Boston College, NCAA (2022, 5th, PHI; traded to ANA)

CrazyDuck4u

Oct 14, 2006
Holy smokes I had to watch twice cause that release was lightning quick. Beautiful. Okay, so you have:

Carlsson
Zegras
McTavish
Gauthier

Anaheim is gonna have a Toronto-lite big 4 of their own. All these players have unique offensive elements to their games and are going to crush opposing defenses.

Oh and the future beast Mintyukov to run your defense? Throw in Zellweger too for fun as he won't be pressured to be 'the guy'? Jesus Christ Anaheim I'm glad Detroit isn't in the West anymore...
Your missing Tristan lenuea..

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Holy smokes I had to watch twice cause that release was lightning quick. Beautiful. Okay, so you have:

Carlsson
Zegras
McTavish
Gauthier

Anaheim is gonna have a Toronto-lite big 4 of their own. All these players have unique offensive elements to their games and are going to crush opposing defenses.

Oh and the future beast Mintyukov to run your defense? Throw in Zellweger too for fun as he won't be pressured to be 'the guy'? Jesus Christ Anaheim I'm glad Detroit isn't in the West anymore...

They've drafted just before my Blue Jackets each of the last three years and each time they've taken the top player on my personal list. McTavish, Mintyukov, and Carlsson. I was also one of the few HFers to actually have Gauthier top 5, so it's really confusing emotionally for me to imagine them together as a team after rooting for those players so much. Maybe if they switch back to eggplant and jade jerseys full time I'll make them a favorite team.

Rasp

Apr 9, 2019
They've drafted just before my Blue Jackets each of the last three years and each time they've taken the top player on my personal list. McTavish, Mintyukov, and Carlsson. I was also one of the few HFers to actually have Gauthier top 5, so it's really confusing emotionally for me to imagine them together as a team after rooting for those players so much. Maybe if they switch back to eggplant and jade jerseys full time I'll make them a favorite team.
Who is your favourite this year?

Jersey Fan 12

Positive Vibes
Nov 20, 2006

Well they did beat the Devils last night, with their young defensemen and (wait for it) Max Jones earning full marks so there's that...

Reactions: Zegs2sendhelp

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
I don't have him on the same tier as the other players, and I have always liked Luneau. He will be a good top 4 D but not a top line play driver IMO.
Our org seems super high on luneau, he’s pretty under hyped as far as d prospects go. But was very impressive in his little time.

Carlsson
Zegras
McTavish
Gauthier

we also have terry up front who is only

sigx15

Jan 31, 2010
He looked really good tonight. Helped getting him back on the line he's played on all year with Gasseau and Jellvik. He was really assertive in his playstyle today which is when he's at his best

Reactions: Kalv

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Ducks fans, do you see him in the lineup next year, and would he play C or W?

Should be in the line up. I think the idea is to put him on LW to support Carlsson or McTavish. But would not be surprised if he gives McTavish a challenge for the 2C spot.

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
'23/24 - Cutter Gauthier GP 37 G 35
'22/23 - Adam Fantilli GP 36 G 30
'21/22 - Ethen Frank GP 39 G 26
'20/21 - Cole Caulfield GP 31 G 30
'19/20 - John Leonard GP 33 G 27
'18/19 - Diego Cuglietta GP 38 G 25
'17/18 - Adam Gaudette GP 38 G 30
'16/17 - Zack Aston - Reese GP 38 G 31
'15/16 - Kyle Connor GP 38 G 35
'14/15 - Jimmy Vesey GP 37 G 32
'13/14 - Jonny Gaudreau GP 40 G 36

Gauthier this year compared to the national leader in goals from the past decade. Note that Fantilli, Caulfield and Connor are the only other underclassmen or WJC eligible on the list.

The highest NCAA goal total of this century? Ryan Potulny 38 goals in 41 games as a 21 year old junior in 2005/06.

The last 40 goal season? Dean Fedorchuk had 42 goals in 38 games as a 23 year old senior back in 1993/94, the last of an era where it seemed there was at least one 40 goal scorer each year.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad