C Alex Newhook - Boston College, NCAA (2019, 16th, COL) Part 2

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
I may be mistaken, but wasn't that offside? Sorry, just bitter. Every f***ing player scores their first versus the Sharks.

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
He’s gonna be a good one. A little stint to start the year in the AHL (where he clearly was a level above basically everybody else on a poor team) was probably a nice little reality check after he didn’t aggressively take hold of a prime spot in the pre-season. The 4 shots on goal and PP time tonite bode well for his production potential even if he’s centering a third line at ES and even if he’s had a bit of a “delayed” NHL season start compared to some other rooks.

Last edited:

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO

Slick goal tonight. He's starting to heat up

Kind of a greasy net front goal where he got thru a couple of Sens to get position for a GWG with 90 seconds left….great to see the kid battle like that. 4 points in 6 games since getting called up. He should be here to stay. Hopefully when MacK comes back he can still get third line minutes and PP time although Bednar is infatuated with playing JTC and Jost significant minutes. Newhook with Nuke and O’Connor could be a winning third line.

Muffin

Avalanche Flavoured
Aug 14, 2009
Edmonton
Kind of a greasy net front goal where he got thru a couple of Sens to get position for a GWG with 90 seconds left….great to see the kid battle like that. 4 points in 6 games since getting called up. He should be here to stay. Hopefully when MacK comes back he can still get third line minutes and PP time although Bednar is infatuated with playing JTC and Jost significant minutes. Newhook with Nuke and O’Connor could be a winning third line.
I wouldn't call it greasy, that kick up to his own stick takes a lot of skill to pull off.

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
He plays so similar to Troy Terry.

Kaners PPGs

Jun 2, 2012
Chicagoland (Tinley Park)
Yes, utterly disgusting for a team's social media account celebrating a win and a young player's second regular season goal. You should be livid.

lol- I’m not livid. I have Newhook on my fantasy team am am a big fan. Guess if you’ve had a couple playoff disappointments in a row then you get really excited about November wins against Ottawa.

Bear of Bad News

Your Third or Fourth Favorite HFBoards Admin
Sep 27, 2005
lol- I’m not livid. I have Newhook on my fantasy team am am a big fan. Guess if you’ve had a couple playoff disappointments in a row then you get really excited about November wins against Ottawa.

I'm not sure you understand the role of the social media team.

Last edited:
Nov 29, 2003
Screw You Blaster
Visit site
He looks legit. Good nose for the net and he is a really smart player.

For me, it's his motor. Kid just keeps his feet moving and I think that's what's going to lead him to success. He's clearly got a great skillset, but he also seems like he will have the mentality to be an impact player. I just wish he wasn't saddled with offensive blackhole Tyson Jost.

Reactions: jabubenice

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
Colorado's Twitter is getting awfully excited over a regular season home win against one of the worst teams in the league. Just sayin'.

95B34494-BCD8-46DB-BC26-21851D84A420.gif

4ABC4F25-AC6B-4983-813C-AA8108DC6617.gif

slobbergob

Apr 29, 2015
His play is night and day since he was sent down. He seems engaged and his feet are always moving. It was a good decision by the coaching staff to send him down for a bit.

Reactions: Chiarelli

Islay1989

Feb 24, 2020
I have to laugh at you homers that are upset that I poked a little fun at the Avalanche Twitter for being so over-the-top about a ho-hum November win. I wasn't livid or pissed. Some of you guys are really sensitive about any criticism over your team.
The only person who seems bothered by something is you. Others are laughing at your take.

Reactions: GirardSpinorama

Alienblood

Nov 22, 2021
I have to laugh at you homers that are upset that I poked a little fun at the Avalanche Twitter for being so over-the-top about a ho-hum November win. I wasn't livid or pissed. Some of you guys are really sensitive about any criticism over your team.

Avs are a Stanley Cup contender, lots of depth and 2 hot shot prospects. They are celebrating everything.

Hawks could trade us Toews with retention for our 4C

Reactions: Lemonlimey

VikingAv

Mediiic!!
Jun 18, 2006
Norway
Avs are a Stanley Cup contender, lots of depth and 2 hot shot prospects. They are celebrating everything.

Hawks could trade us Toews with retention for our 4C

:huh: On defense, sure, but offense? Hell, no. The loss of offensive, and especially center depth, is what will sink the team this year. Can't wait to see Compher as a top 9 center in the playoffs again :(:ha:

Reactions: Alienblood

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad