C Alex Newhook - Boston College, NCAA (2019, 16th, COL) Part 2

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011
:huh: On defense, sure, but offense? Hell, no. The loss of offensive, and especially center depth, is what will sink the team this year. Can't wait to see Compher as a top 9 center in the playoffs again :(:ha:

What a load of bs.
Stop being such a drama queen.
The Avs are very deep at forward as well. Maybe not as deep as some other contenders but these teams can't compete with our depth on D.
We live in a capworld and the Avs don't have 10-20m stashed away on LTIR or something like other teams did to win.
You don't need a perfect roster to win. The Avs roster is easily good enough to win. Even if Compher is centering your #3 line for some reason (probably injuries because otherwise he isn't our #3c and other teams don't have better options than Compher if one of their top3 centers go down either)...

When have Avs fans become so whiny?´
Avs have a decent shot at winning it all. They probably will fall short (because the odds are always stacked against you no matter how good your roster is) but it won't be because their roster is not good or deep enough. It probably will be due to bad bounces, untimely injuries and players not being at their best. Similarly to what happens to 30 other teams every year.

I am excited to see more of Newhook. I think he still needs time to really adjust his game to the pro level (don't think his current scoring rate is sustainable at least not this year) but he clearly has the talent to become an impact player for this Avalanche team going forward.

Last edited:
Reactions: MaKarter

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
upload_2021-12-4_19-45-10.png

beauty goal tonight- embarrassing effort from the Senators players here

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
Another good game last night - scored on the PP (bit of a knuckler) but more importantly had 4 shots on goal - probably could have had another goal - and looked dangerous every time he got fed the puck. He's playing with the confidence of a guy who knows he belongs. Up to 5 goals and 8 points in 12 games (since his belated NHL start). Too late of a start and simply not quite at Zegras/Raymond level for Calder talk but I think he could work his way into All-Rookie team conversation - doesn't look to be anything unsustainable about his production rate as long as he keeps getting PP2 time and his underlying even strength defensive metrics are really solid. Does need to get much stronger on the dot - hopefully he takes lessons from Landeskog or Kadri and not Nate.

A bit off topic but thought Frost looked really good for the Flyers...nice to see him get some quality ice time for a change. That franchise needs an overhaul and he's a talented guy who they need to find out more about at the NHL level.

Reactions: jabubenice and Eegs

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
Troy Terry 2.0 too bad he's Canadian :sarcasm:

Captain Clutch

May 2, 2012
He's developed really well since his draft year, he's like a much better version of what they thought they were getting when they drafted Tyson Jost. It's also true that how quickly he grows into an impact two-way NHL player will be a factor in how the Avs fare in the play-offs. The Av's are talented but young.

Reactions: jabubenice

jabubenice

Mar 7, 2011
cayman island
Another good game last night - scored on the PP (bit of a knuckler) but more importantly had 4 shots on goal - probably could have had another goal - and looked dangerous every time he got fed the puck. He's playing with the confidence of a guy who knows he belongs. Up to 5 goals and 8 points in 12 games (since his belated NHL start). Too late of a start and simply not quite at Zegras/Raymond level for Calder talk but I think he could work his way into All-Rookie team conversation - doesn't look to be anything unsustainable about his production rate as long as he keeps getting PP2 time and his underlying even strength defensive metrics are really solid. Does need to get much stronger on the dot - hopefully he takes lessons from Landeskog or Kadri and not Nate.

A bit off topic but thought Frost looked really good for the Flyers...nice to see him get some quality ice time for a change. That franchise needs an overhaul and he's a talented guy who they need to find out more about at the NHL level.
Newy will probably be that two way shut down center type...happy for the kid

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
I said it a million times... but yeah he is Troy Terry clone. What a player.

Reactions: jabubenice

EscapedGoat

Jun 15, 2012

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad