C Aleksi Heponiemi- Modo, Hockey Allsvenskan, Sweden (2017, 40th, FLA)

Beezeral

Mar 1, 2010
Heck do I know. I live one day at the time. What does it really even matter who roots for who and who doesn't. What happened, it happened and it cannot be taken back. At the end the team still won the gold medal and the wronged guy got the the golden goal so I can live with that.
often times (especially in younger ages) a coach will have his best player be the first one and last off during every shift to get him on the ice as much as possible. You have no idea whether or not Hepo taking long shifts was by design or done on his own. What's certain is that you have some sort of personal grudge against Hepo for some unknown reason and your bias is extremely obvious.

Boxscore

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 22, 2007
He's #30 pick. You talk like he was picked in top 5. Set your expectations lower.

My expectations were fine until he started dominating the KHL at a better rate than anyone. The hype at that point became elevated, which is what happens. Look at Elias Pettesson - last year he dominated the SEL and his hype soared just like Tolavenen's. The difference is, he came into the NHL and dominated from jump - Tolvanen is still playing in the World Juniors and was one of the 5 best players on his team if lucky.

And again, that doesn't mean that Tolvanen won't be a great NHLer one day, nobody knows for sure. But I'm talking about this tournament. You don't think it's legit to expect a player who dominated the KHL at a pro level to dominate a World Juniors tournament a year later?

And draft position means nothing - look at Kucherov and Giroux.

kelsier

Aug 17, 2013
often times (especially in younger ages) a coach will have his best player be the first one and last off during every shift to get him on the ice as much as possible. You have no idea whether or not Hepo taking long shifts was by design or done on his own. What's certain is that you have some sort of personal grudge against Hepo for some unknown reason and your bias is extremely obvious.

Hah, as if Heponiemi was even close to the best player in the team. Had you watched the games you'd have noticed that he in fact was one of the worst in the very first games of this tournament, scoring whopping 2 points in 4 games (despite of clocking more minutes than most of the defencemen in the team), while his line was mostly overwhelmed at their own end of the rink until Talvitie joined it much later on. That's not the type of game any coach wants to see and definitely not the type of play a coach would expect from one of the most experienced players in the team. It was Lundell's line that played the best game in the preliminary round. So yes, even despite of not knowing what exactly happened behind the curtains, even the common sense tells that wasn't part of the design, cause why the heck would he have rotated second line always after the first line when there were other options available. Let alone if it was part of the design that design wouldn't have changed going into the finals. We (who actually followed through all the games) clearly saw someone putting an end to it.

Of course it makes sense to have a mob of angry Panthers fans here now defending this guy being clueless about how these games went and I'm not surprised reading these comments whatsoever. I mean after all, this is HFBoards (where someone with a warrant criticism towards a player must be a "hater" cause there's just no other explanation). Hilarious. Nonetheless, you should have actually watched the games before coming here with these assumptions to at least have something to back your theory up. Feel free to go through my post history to find this terrible personal grudge against Heponiemi, ha. If anything had it not been for his selfish actions, I'd have praised him for stepping up towards the end but sadly that wasn't the reality.

Ibumax

Jan 6, 2019
Hah, as if Heponiemi was even close to the best player in the team. Had you watched the games you'd have noticed that he in fact was one of the worst in the very first games of this tournament, scoring whopping 2 points in 4 games (despite of clocking more minutes than most of the defencemen in the team), while his line was mostly overwhelmed at their own end of the rink until Talvitie joined it much later on. That's not the type of game any coach wants to see and definitely not the type of play a coach would expect from one of the most experienced players in the team. It was Lundell's line that played the best game in the preliminary round. So yes, even despite of not knowing what exactly happened behind the curtains, even the common sense tells that wasn't part of the design, cause why the heck would he have rotated second line always after the first line when there were other options available. Let alone if it was part of the design that design wouldn't have changed going into the finals. We (who actually followed through all the games) clearly saw someone putting an end to it.

Of course it makes sense to have a mob of angry Panthers fans here now defending this guy being clueless about how these games went and I'm not surprised reading these comments whatsoever. I mean after all, this is HFBoards (where someone with a warrant criticism towards a player must be a "hater" cause there's just no other explanation). Hilarious. Nonetheless, you should have actually watched the games before coming here with these assumptions to at least have something to back your theory up. Feel free to go through my post history to find this terrible personal grudge against Heponiemi, ha. If anything had it not been for his selfish actions, I'd have praised him for stepping up towards the end but sadly that wasn't the reality.
He could have gone 0+o in the entire tournament and it still would not matter at all. A very promising kid.

kelsier

Aug 17, 2013
He could have gone 0+o in the entire tournament and it still would not matter at all. A very promising kid.

Well it would've mattered for Team Finland for having a player on ice over twenty minutes a game with no production whatsoever. At least he was able to convert some of the self-extended minutes into points and happened to skate at the right place when Tolvanen made his pool-shot against Canada. In the end I rather go with the gold medal than no medal at all. We'll just have to see if he can overcome him size issues as far as the future is concerned.

theVladiator

May 26, 2018

Wait, so Heponiemi started slow in the preliminary round (2pts in 4 games), and then turned it up and scored 7pts in 3 games in the harder playoff stage? Seems like a big game player :thumbu:

Ibumax

Jan 6, 2019
Well it would've mattered for Team Finland for having a player on ice over twenty minutes a game with no production whatsoever. At least he was able to convert some of the self-extended minutes into points and happened to skate at the right place when Tolvanen made his pool-shot against Canada. In the end I rather go with the gold medal than no medal at all. We'll just have to see if he can overcome him size issues as far as the future is concerned.
Apparently he played like shit and ended up sharing the tournament lead in points. Seems like a great player to me. You're nuts.

Reactions: Koijari

kelsier

Aug 17, 2013
Wait, so Heponiemi started slow in the preliminary round (2pts in 4 games), and then turned it up and scored 7pts in 3 games in the harder playoff stage? Seems like a big game player :thumbu:

He scored nearly half of his points against the Swiss that weren't able to keep up with the Finns at all. Oh and he only clocked 20:51 there and didn't cheat between the shifts at all... oh, wait! :thumbu:

Btw here's a fun fact, our #1D Jokiharju, played only 2 seconds more in that game.

Maybe Heponiemi should consider converting into D so he could play all the minutes in the world and then some, cause I've heard he dominates in all levels and should have all the tools for #1D at NHL level. xD

FinlandPanther

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 16, 2009
Florida
He scored nearly half of his points against the Swiss that weren't able to keep up with the Finns at all. Oh and he only clocked 20:51 there and didn't cheat between the shifts at all... oh, wait! :thumbu:

Btw here's a fun fact, our #1D Jokiharju, played only 2 seconds more in that game.

Maybe Heponiemi should consider converting into D so he could play all the minutes in the world and then some, cause I've heard he dominates in all levels and should have all the tools for #1D at NHL level. xD
This is becoming embarassing. The best player was on the ice the most. Tolvanen was useless. They won a gold medal it’s a nonissue. There’s a reason hepo had the most points in the tournament. He elevated his game at the end. They eliminated canada, the Swiss(who beat Sweden) and then USA. Heponiemi shines.

Beezeral

Mar 1, 2010

Just answer this question. Did Heponiemi kick your dog or something? Or are you related to to Kakko? Only way this obsession makes any sense at all.

FinlandPanther

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 16, 2009
Florida
Just answer this question. Did Heponiemi kick your dog or something? Or are you related to to Kakko? Only way this obsession makes any sense at all.
For real they won a gold medal. I didn’t like Ahokas at all but I would be willing to bet he told Hepo to be out there every single time. He was the catalyst of offensive play and possession. The only place he wasn’t great at was on the boards but he’s 17 pounds so that’s not shocking.

kelsier

Aug 17, 2013

What are you baffling about? You quoted me, not the other way around. Now since you i) didn't watch the games ii) cannot bother to check up on the statistics to get a clue what was being discussed about iii) have your own dog in the race (a Panthers prospect), it's kind of difficult to have any kind of constructive dialogue. This is such a typical post of someone wanting to divert a discussion from the player to a poster when the particular player is under scrutiny and the outcome isn't all that nice and pleasant.

Beezeral

Mar 1, 2010
What are you baffling about? You quoted me, not the other way around. Now since you i) didn't watch the games ii) cannot bother to check up on the statistics to get a clue what was being discussed about iii) have your own dog in the race (a Panthers prospect), it's kind of difficult to have any kind of constructive dialogue. This is such a typical post of someone wanting to divert a discussion from the player to a poster when the particular player is under scrutiny and the outcome isn't all that nice and pleasant.
I watched plenty of the games. Hepo was one of if not the best player on the ice regardless of team when he was out there. I also have coached many games and often use a strategy where I put my best player on the ice first and have him come off last every one of his shifts. It's a very common strategy and it's very likely this is what Heponiemi was told to do. There is no constructive conversation to be had with you because it is obvious to everyone else ITT that you have some sort of personal grudge against Heponiemi. The praise for Hepo's tournament from scouts is all over the internet. You are the only one complaining about him.

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
Kinda weird to read negative comments about Hepo, so far he has been amazing,
small size rink, european size rink, major junior level, pro level, doesn't matter,
this young man is a special talent.

Others might play and look better what Heponiemi on ice, at times, but what matters is; he produces, tons
and if that means you gotta have luck too, every now and then, even better, can't win games, cups, tournaments
without some luck.

Last season in the WHL, he was the most dominant player there
86 games all together: 36 goals, 120 assists, 156 points, +45 (with highest ppg avg)
- but not just point wisely, in other means as well he was dominant

His line mates were Tyler Steenbergen (130 pts) & Glen Gawdin (161 pts)
they both play in the AHL at the moment where as Hepo
is the leading scorer of his team in a league far better what AHL
also leader in the entire league in u20 players

Steenbergen, Tucson : 5+9=14 (0.50 ppg)
Gawdin, Stocton : 7+6=13 (0.43 ppg)

It's obvious that Hepo was carrying both last season,
although, i don't think either of the above are bad players
but good, rather, both might one day play in the NHL in the 3rd line.

Reactions: Keke and Ippenator

kelsier

Aug 17, 2013
I watched plenty of the games. Hepo was one of if not the best player on the ice regardless of team when he was out there. I also have coached many games and often use a strategy where I put my best player on the ice first and have him come off last every one of his shifts. It's a very common strategy and it's very likely this is what Heponiemi was told to do. There is no constructive conversation to be had with you because it is obvious to everyone else ITT that you have some sort of personal grudge against Heponiemi. The praise for Hepo's tournament from scouts is all over the internet. You are the only one complaining about him.

Ok so you say you watched "plenty of games", so would you elaborate which games exactly did you watch and in which games exactly are you preferring to where he in your opinion was so magnificent? Are you a fan of Finnish hockey or why exactly did you decide to tune into watch Team Finland? Genuinely interested. I mean if he was this "good" and the team won the gold medal, why didn't he even make it to the all-star team?

Now first of all, I pretty clearly stated that I despised Heponiemi's actions by prolonging his shift length over any acceptable limit. If we were talking half a minute or even minute a game, fine, but this went far closer to 2-3 or even 3-4 minutes per game as we can quite clearly see when checking up on each game's statistics and comparing his TOI against other forwards and I even counted his "extra minutes" in the first USA games because I couldn't believe what he was doing. I'd hate any player who would do the exact same thing, so there's absolutely nothing personal whatsoever about that. I understand entirely that you rather make a statement that "he clearly has personal grudge against this player" vs "this player extended his own ice time at the expense of others", because I know your a Panthers fan so it's easier to digest.

Also I already explained it to you once that it being coaches' idea wasn't valid, because if it indeed was then they would have rotated lines differently as opposed to having Heponiemi pretty much explicitly stealing TOI from one of team's best, if not the best forward. That just doesn't make any sense. He was really struggling at the preliminary games and any viewer could see that his line wasn't working either until Talvitie was promoted there. Let alone the fact that Heponiemi was far, far away from being a two-way forward (meaning someone you'd want playing all situations). None of that make sense, unless you just happen to think that they changed their opinion of him in the Finals against USA and that he wasn't good enough anymore to play 20+ minutes? I'd suggest you take a break and think really hard for a second here. Finland had better all-around forwards like almost every single Finnish poster has stated earlier and he wasn't "our best player" either as you tried to display here. So no they definitely wouldn't have used their smallest guy this way and have him cut 2-3 minute from each of Kakko's games (apart from the finals). You know that same guy who was visibly the best forward in the team at the very first games, got elected twice as the BP and then scored the golden goal for team Finland.

Yeah I'm sure you want to think best about Heponiemi and I'm glad if you've found praising stuff about him from the Google, but most of the articles I've come across with have different names highlighted or in the headlines. Now you want to think this was coach's decision or what not and I think (if you read the earlier posts) know that wasn't the case. The reality is that he took the matters into his own hands and abused the trust the team had in him until they finally stopped him at the very last game. Luckily we won gold and all ended well.

letsgrowcactus

Jan 21, 2017
Kinda weird to read negative comments about Hepo, so far he has been amazing,
small size rink, european size rink, major junior level, pro level, doesn't matter,
this young man is a special talent.

Others might play and look better what Heponiemi on ice, at times, but what matters is; he produces, tons
and if that means you gotta have luck too, every now and then, even better, can't win games, cups, tournaments
without some luck.

Last season in the WHL, he was the most dominant player there
86 games all together: 36 goals, 120 assists, 156 points, +45 (with highest ppg avg)
- but not just point wisely, in other means as well he was dominant

His line mates were Tyler Steenbergen (130 pts) & Glen Gawdin (161 pts)
they both play in the AHL at the moment where as Hepo
is the leading scorer of his team in a league far better what AHL

also leader in the entire league in u20 players

Steenbergen, Tucson : 5+9=14 (0.50 ppg)
Gawdin, Stocton : 7+6=13 (0.43 ppg)

It's obvious that Hepo was carrying both last season,
although, i don't think either of the above are bad players
but good, rather, both might one day play in the NHL in the 3rd line.
Umm. I agree that Hepo's season in Liiga is quite impressive but since when is Liiga "far better" than the AHL?

Beezeral

Mar 1, 2010
Ok so you say you watched "plenty of games", so would you elaborate which games exactly did you watch and in which games exactly are you preferring to where he in your opinion was so magnificent?
I watched most of the playoff rounds and the round robin game against Slovakia and Sweeden. He was always impressive imo.
Are you a fan of Finnish hockey or why exactly did you decide to tune into watch Team Finland?
I'm a fan of hockey and the Panthers so naturally I tried to watch games in which Panthers prospects were playing.

I'd hate any player who would do the exact same thing, so there's absolutely nothing personal whatsoever about that.
This clearly isn't true because you have zero evidence that Hepo was stealing time outside of observing that he was taking long shifts. You have no idea why he was getting more ice time. You have no idea whether it was a team strategy or if he was being selfish. You are going straight to him being selfish with absolutely no evidence. Not even a clip/quote where someone points out that he is ignoring his coach and taking a long shift.

Also I already explained it to you once that it being coaches' idea wasn't valid, because if it indeed was then they would have rotated lines differently as opposed to having Heponiemi pretty much explicitly stealing TOI from one of team's best, if not the best forward.
This is straight up your opinion. You clearly are bitter about something for whatever reason.

Also I already explained it to you once that it being coaches' idea wasn't valid, because if it indeed was then they would have rotated lines differently as opposed to having Heponiemi pretty much explicitly stealing TOI from one of team's best, if not the best forward. That just doesn't make any sense. He was really struggling at the preliminary games and any viewer could see that his line wasn't working either until Talvitie was promoted there. Let alone the fact that Heponiemi was far, far away from being a two-way forward (meaning someone you'd want playing all situations). None of that make sense, unless you just happen to think that they changed their opinion of him in the Finals against USA and that he wasn't good enough anymore to play 20+ minutes? I'd suggest you take a break and think really hard for a second here. Finland had better all-around forwards like almost every single Finnish poster has stated earlier and he wasn't "our best player" either as you tried to display here. So no they definitely wouldn't have used their smallest guy this way and have him cut 2-3 minute from each of Kakko's games (apart from the finals). You know that same guy who was visibly the best forward in the team at the very first games, got elected twice as the BP and then scored the golden goal for team Finland.
again a whole bunch of baseless opinion and conjecture.
The reality is that he took the matters into his own hands and abused the trust the team had in him until they finally stopped him at the very last game. Luckily we won gold and all ended well.
If he was really abusing his minutes, why wasn't he benched?

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
Umm. I agree that Hepo's season in Liiga is quite impressive but since when is Liiga "far better" than the AHL?

....always? (kidding). But...which team won the WJC gold medal again?
AHL is infamously known as the bus league.

Not that AHL is BUSH league or anything, a good league
but lets be real here, its still the AHL.

Now i might of exaggerated, a bit but still Sm-Liiga > AHL
only because of this season, no Finnish team could reach to the CHL semis.
(JYP won it though last season), but Kalpa did won the Spengler Cup,....

cg98

Oct 10, 2017
Ok so you say you watched "plenty of games", so would you elaborate which games exactly did you watch and in which games exactly are you preferring to where he in your opinion was so magnificent? Are you a fan of Finnish hockey or why exactly did you decide to tune into watch Team Finland? Genuinely interested. I mean if he was this "good" and the team won the gold medal, why didn't he even make it to the all-star team?

Now first of all, I pretty clearly stated that I despised Heponiemi's actions by prolonging his shift length over any acceptable limit. If we were talking half a minute or even minute a game, fine, but this went far closer to 2-3 or even 3-4 minutes per game as we can quite clearly see when checking up on each game's statistics and comparing his TOI against other forwards and I even counted his "extra minutes" in the first USA games because I couldn't believe what he was doing. I'd hate any player who would do the exact same thing, so there's absolutely nothing personal whatsoever about that. I understand entirely that you rather make a statement that "he clearly has personal grudge against this player" vs "this player extended his own ice time at the expense of others", because I know your a Panthers fan so it's easier to digest.

Yeah I'm sure you want to think best about Heponiemi and I'm glad if you've found praising stuff about him from the Google, but most of the articles I've come across with have different names highlighted or in the headlines. Now you want to think this was coach's decision or what not and I think (if you read the earlier posts) know that wasn't the case. The reality is that he took the matters into his own hands and abused the trust the team had in him until they finally stopped him at the very last game. Luckily we won gold and all ended well.

A whole lot of whining and a lot of nothing being proved from you.

Reactions: Beezeral

Snaibberi

Mar 20, 2008
Why the negativity? Finland won the championship and Hepo was good and still people are whining about it? I know it is Finnish mentality to downplay succes and then cheer when things go badly but this is getting embarrasing :rolleyes:

kelsier

Aug 17, 2013
I watched most of the playoff rounds and the round robin game against Slovakia and Sweeden. He was always impressive imo.

I'm a fan of hockey and the Panthers so naturally I tried to watch games in which Panthers prospects were playing.

I have to ask where you really, really actually watching these games or just "paying attention" or whatever, cause in noway was he impressive him the round robin games. In fact, most Finns said he was either not impressive at all over underwhelming. The more I read your replies the more it sounds like you didn't even watch these games. Cause what's so impressive about a game where his lines struggles to even deliver the puck out of their own D-zone? Like seriously? What offense did he produce against Sweden? Nothing much, he got exactly 0 points from the game. What he do against Kazakhstan? Got one EV goal against the weakest team in the group. Slovakia? 0 EV points and 1 assist on the Powerplay. Then finally againt USA, again zero points. Now you say "he was always impressive" and what do we have to look for? 2 points against the absolute weakest teams he ever faced and while even the Finns were unimpressed and almost even dissing him game effort, you found it impressive? M'kay whatever say.

You claim to have watched the games but your impressions and verdicts against the preliminary games goes against not only most comments posted by Finns who watched the games and witnessed him struggling, but the actual game results as well. I mean two points against two weak nations and nothing whatsoever to so for against Swe & USA despite of playing some average 20+ a game.

This clearly isn't true because you have zero evidence that Hepo was stealing time outside of observing that he was taking long shifts. You have no idea why he was getting more ice time. You have no idea whether it was a team strategy or if he was being selfish. You are going straight to him being selfish with absolutely no evidence. Not even a clip/quote where someone points out that he is ignoring his coach and taking a long shift.

Hello? Did you actually read any comments whatsover I posted earlier? I have all the evidence in the world. I even counted the extended shifts rewinding recording from the USA game where he was consistently cheating on the line changes made on the fly and started calculating the ice time after either one or both of his line mates had already hit the bench and when he continue to play with Lundell and Tolvanen instead of going back to the bench as well. In the first USA game alone his extended ice on the time was 2:32 minutes, directly off from Kakko's pocket (which was another point I already explained in a detail).

This is straight up your opinion. You clearly are bitter about something for whatever reason.
again a whole bunch of baseless opinion and conjecture.
Come again? I game you a number of reasons of why it absolutely made no sense why the coach WOULD have done that, and asked you to explain your side of the story and come up at least with something, yet I get absolutely nothing, but again this non-sense "oh but you must be just bitter about something". Erm, yes I'm bitter about him not obeying the same rules every single other player followed in this team, except for Heponiemi. Maybe I need to get a crowbar for you to finally get this part? Now if you plan to make another "comeback", please explain to us all the earlier points in regards to why the coach would have rotated one certain line after the first line every single time, along with the other questions I presented giving you a valid stance to prove your case. I couldn't really but help to laugh at that last remark with no conjecture. Like are you kidding me? Feel free to elaborate what pieces exactly were we missing here again.
If he was really abusing his minutes, why wasn't he benched?

He was benched and set in line for the Finals, which ultimately lead to the team winning the goal medal. What you've done here is giving no whatever explanations surrounding your "in-depth-analysis" of Heponiemi's actions, like none at all. Seriously, when you come disagree with the obvious conclusion you better be prepared to cover that with factual data and information, when all you've managed to come by with are nothing more than badly guessed assumptions. Also based on everything I've read, starting from Heponiemi looking "great" from day 1 leads me to believe that not only are you lying about watching all the games, but being all-around clueless what comes to the discussion itself.

kelsier

Aug 17, 2013
A whole lot of whining and a lot of nothing being proved from you.

Prove? There's a page back option here, where you can find all you need to know. Geez. Anyway since you whined lets just throw the rest out there and the break up the TOI distribution on game by game basis:

FIN - SWE :
Heponiemie: 22:22
Jokiharju 25:06
Kupari: 17:44
Lundell: 15:24
Kakko: 14:25

FIN - KAZ:
Heponiemi 20:41
Jokiharju 19:01
Kupari 18:50
Kakko 15:33
Lundel 17:32

FIN - SLV
Heponiemi 17:01
Jokiharju 20:30
Kupari: 15:41
Kakko: 15:43
Lundell: 15:16

FIN - USA
Heponiemi 19:54
Jokiharju: 20:59
Kupari 17:30
Kakko: 13:30 (BP)
Lundell: 14:15

FIN- CAN
Heponiemi: 22:12
Jokiharju: 29:02
Kupari: 20:39
Kakko: 15:18
Lundell: 17:27

FIN - SWI
Heponiemi 20:51 (BP)
Jokiharju 20:53
Kupari 17:41
Kakko 15:22
Lundell: 14:54

FIN -USA
Heponiemi 19:28
Jokiharju: 19:28
Kupari 15:48
Kakko 16:23 (BP)
Lundell 18:43

Kupari and Heponiemi played in the same line the entire tournament as well as in the same PP. So could it be by any coincidence that Hepo's TOI was consistently 2-5 minutes higher in almost every single game including Kupari? Not a frigging chance. He almost rivaled our #1D as far as TOI distribution goes. Kakko on the other hand played his biggest minutes in the Finals, when all out of the blue sky Heponiemi dropped this stupid act and started playing like the rest of them (although keep in mind that I did mostly only paid attention when 1st line was being rotated to second on the fly - which was how rotation mostly went). So in that light Hepo "getting" this much more TOI compared to his peers was no freak accident, but a result of systematic and consistent abuse of the trust by punch of stupid coaches. Yeah Ahokas brought home the gold medal but with this roster that was the only medal that would've satisfied the audience. He wasn't and still isn't a perfect coach, especially when tournaments are played in the small rinks and is much to blame as Hepo, cause he should have put an end to this a long time before that. And people bring up how Heponiemi was first in the internal scoring? I don't usually use this word here but lolz. Of course we can still have a look at the shift lengths if this isn't enough "prove".

CLW

Nov 11, 2018
Re: Ahokas and the 'punch of stupid coaches'. I panicked at first when Finland were badly out if sorts against Sweden, but as the tournament progressed the coaches attended to and fixed every single major problem.

The team's mental preparation and attitude improved as the games got more important and tactical issues were handled well. In the final Ahokas got the team back on track when it wobbled after going up 2-0, he benched Honka for the third period and played Lundell and Kakko when it mattered.

All in all I was impressed because what used to be Finnish coaching weaknesses were now strengths.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad