C Aleksander Barkov - Tampere Tappara, FEL (2013 Draft)

Status
Not open for further replies.

thomast

Oct 23, 2009
Let's not get too excited about that. Playing against the Ilves, worst team in the league by far.

Let's say that Barkov should play juniors right now at 16 year old. Ilves have been better team than tappara in this game. It's not only this game it's been in many games aswell but this game is best so far from him. I wouldn't not be so excited if he would only score points without anything else but i'm excited because he's dominating in all 3 zones right now.

18.01 TOI and 8 shots.

Last edited:

IceHockeyDude

May 15, 2011
Suomi
It's extraordinary how a barely 16 year old guy can come up so strongly in one of the best leagues in the world. Right now he should be ranked top3 at least for the 2013 draft. Mikko Koivu's strenght with Pavel Datsyuk's skill. Really a complite player especially for his age.

heksagon

Jul 27, 2010
Finland
Well the goalie should have gotten it but still a good shot.

(Why are we Finns always so negative? Have to find something bad about everything. "He scored!" "Meh, goalies fault." :laugh:)

thomast

Oct 23, 2009
It was very hard and accurate shot from the legs of defender but yes goalie should have those but it's hard to put wrister like that in the top corner from the blueline.

KulleKing*

Damn, this kid looks promising. I hope he will be picked up by Oilers. :D

thomast

Oct 23, 2009
The goal:

Barkov should be lock in the wjc for Finland. U-20 coach raipe was coaching opponent team today.

Last edited:

Haite

x
Jun 27, 2011
Barkov is second in rookie points, only one point behind #1 despite playing 6 games less. I wonder why he still isn't listed as a rookie on sm-liiga.fi, though.

Foxlockbox

:laugh: is my period
Mar 22, 2011
Finland
Are you kidding? That was all on the goalie. :shakehead

It exactly the kind of wrister you have chance to score from the blueline with, shot from the feet of the defender and Aittokallio clearly didn't see it at all, even his reflexes didn't kick in. In that mind, its a wicked shot.

Haite

x
Jun 27, 2011
OH FYI it's Aleksander not Alexander.

There are few different variations, because Sasha senior's name in cyrillic alphabet, 'Александр', has been transcripted to match Finnish pronunciation. I believe the official IIHF system for transcripting cyrillic names would make it 'Alexander', but it'd be 'Aleksandr' in Finnish (i.e. Александр Овечкин -> Alexander Ovechkin -> Aleksandr OvetÅ¡kin). Now with all that Sr.-Jr. stuff, it'd be logical to call both Sashas by the same name, but I'd say Alexander, Aleksander and Aleksandr are equally correct, thus it's up to the person himself to decide what he wishes to be called.

Latex*

If Oilers would still be picking that high in 2013 they would give "failing" whole new meaning, they almost have already.

There's always a chance Barkov drops to 30th for us though.

Granlund2Pulkkinen*

There's always a chance Barkov drops to 30th for us though.

I doubt he will.

1. He'll have 2 years of of mens league under his belt
2. He's 6'2" and will probably be 200 lbs by draft day
3. He's just so damn good ;)

I think this is how it will end up on draft day...

1. Nathan Mackinnon
2. Seth Jones
3. Sean Monahan
4. Sasha Barkov
5. Taylor Cammarata

Juzmo

Nov 17, 2009
Barkov is second in rookie points, only one point behind #1 despite playing 6 games less. I wonder why he still isn't listed as a rookie on sm-liiga.fi, though.
Because it is sm-liiga.fi.

thomast

Oct 23, 2009
I doubt he will.

1. He'll have 2 years of of mens league under his belt
2. He's 6'2" and will probably be 200 lbs by draft day
3. He's just so damn good ;)

I think this is how it will end up on draft day...

1. Nathan Mackinnon
2. Seth Jones
3. Sean Monahan
4. Sasha Barkov
5. Taylor Cammarata

Barkov is already clearly over 6'3. More like 6'4 at this point.

Last edited:

ChadS

Jun 30, 2009
Barkov is already clearly over 6'3. More like 6'4 at this point.
I believe his about 188 right?

6'3 = 1.905 m
6'4 = 1.9304 m

I do not believe he is 1.93 m tall or even "clearly over 6'3". Might be in a couple of years but not yet. At least according to what I've seen in his last games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad