Value of: Bye bye Darnell, Hello OEL!!

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
To help offload the contracts of OEL/Grabner. And they can easily buy him out and Neal only costs 1.9 against the cap...
So they take on $11 something million this year and next to avoid paying $7.2M for OEL and Grabner this year and OEL's $10M next year? Then they can pay several more million to make Neal go away later? I can see why this is attractive to a broke owner..

Reactions: Luckylarry

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
Easy buyout
Yeah, only $11.5M real dollars to make him go away. I can see why they'd rather do that than pay OEL $4M this year and $10.5M next year. Saves them three million dollars over two years...

780il

edm
May 29, 2018
Edmonton AB
So they take on $11 something million this year and next to avoid paying $7.2M for OEL and Grabner this year and OEL's $10M next year? Then they can pay several more million to make Neal go away later? I can see why this is attractive to a broke owner..
Yep, let’s just forget about the 1st round pick they’re getting in the process to soften the blow. They’re a rebuilding/retooling team without their next two 1sts, that pick is a big part of the deal.

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
I think they're eventually hoping for

OEL - Bear
Klefbom - Bouchard
Broberg - Jones

Jones has played a lot of RD, he's comfortable there despite it not being his strong side.

We probably lose Jones to Seattle. If after the expansion draft Larsson wanted to sign I’m sure we’d be open to it with Russell also coming off the books

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad