Confirmed with Link: Burakovsky signs 1 x 3.25M

Soedy

All Hail Cale
Nov 27, 2012
Hamburg, Germany
This. Over-emphasizing points alone is why some Leafs fans think that BDK was better for us than Jimmothy.

The big concern with Bura is how much will he contribute when he gets cold again.

OT: I know BDK is Kerfoot but what exactly does it stand for?

shadow1

Nov 29, 2008
Burakovsky is going to have cold stretches, but Kerfoot is a rare animal.

Both years with the Avalanche Kerfoot started the season white hot, but then went on an insane cold stretch (something like ~10 points in 40 games). Then to add insult to injury, he’d pass up golden shooting opportunities to force stupid passes into traffic.

AvsRobin

Size doesn't matter!
Aug 10, 2010
Stockholm
Big D*** Kerfoot...it was a sarcastic nickname we started using last season when Kerf was put on the top line down the stretch.

Jimmothy Timmothy (Compher)
I don't get either nicknames but ok.

I don't think its controversial to think Kerfoot was better than Compher. Not players from totally different shelfs, just a matter of difference in what you value in a player.

flyfysher

Mar 21, 2012
I don't get either nicknames but ok.

I don't think its controversial to think Kerfoot was better than Compher. Not players from totally different shelfs, just a matter of difference in what you value in a player.

I was pointing out what I viewed as Kerfoot's deficiencies to a TML fan, which he acknowledged but he made the point to me that they didn't need Kerfoot to be what we did. His point was fair. And in that sense Kerfoot has been a good acquisition for the TML. Sometimes Avs fans overlook how we are still trying to determine where the pieces best fit under certain circumstances.

Reactions: cgf

Spender

Feb 16, 2013
Växjö
He's been better than I expected given all negativity surrounding the acquisition. Need to see more before forming an opinion though.

Reactions: MacBradley

Spleenless Wonder21

Done like dinner
Jun 29, 2009
Ohio
Burakovsky is going to have cold stretches, but Kerfoot is a rare animal.

Both years with the Avalanche Kerfoot started the season white hot, but then went on an insane cold stretch (something like ~10 points in 40 games). Then to add insult to injury, he’d pass up golden shooting opportunities to force stupid passes into traffic.

Don’t forget inexplicably running into his teammates repeatedly.

Reactions: shadow1

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
Burakovsky was brought in specifically to be secondary scoring help on the wing. I think it's perfectly fair to say that points are the primary way to gauge his usefulness to the team. Bellemare was brought in for faceoffs and PKing, but Bura is here to produce.

Now, it's a long season, but so far it does look pretty promising. If he can produce at a 40-50 point second line pace over the course of 82 games I'd call that a win

LieutenantDangle

Barry McKockner
Oct 28, 2014
'Merica
The kid can snipe the puck which is exactly what he was brought in to do. He just needs some more time to acclimate to his teammates and I have faith he will keep producing.

Reactions: MacBradley

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
I can think of many good reasons to stick Bura next to Jost for a while and see what happens. That'll free the 2nd line from both guys and it's possible that these 2 guys score important goals from time to time.

Reactions: MarkT and cgf

Avs71

Aug 12, 2008
I'm gonna be honest.....

.....I kinda like him.
And so we should, at least for now.

Reading what Devils’ fans are saying about Gusev in comparison, him being the better pickup certainly doesn’t seem like the slam dunk it was supposed to be.

VikingAv

Mediiic!!
Jun 18, 2006
Norway
And so we should, at least for now.

Reading what Devils’ fans are saying about Gusev in comparison, him being the better pickup certainly doesn’t seem like the slam dunk it was supposed to be.

Do Devils fans have anything positive to say about any of their players right now? Except for prospects in the minors they think should be called up, of course.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Do Devils fans have anything positive to say about any of their players right now? Except for prospects in the minors they think should be called up, of course.
Gusev sucks and is now playing on the 3rd line though. That's not related to their fans.

22FUTON9

Jun 30, 2010
Burakovsky’s like a worse Duchene. Inconsistent but could absolutely be a game changer with his skill. If he gets hot in the playoffs he could definitely play a huge role for us

Reactions: 21

AvsCOL

Jul 16, 2013
I was a huge critic of Burakovsky during the preseason, but I thought he's been pretty good so far. Not my ideal pick for the 2nd line, but he certainly has his flashes. I'd prefer him to Donskoi on the 2nd line at this point. I think he has a real shot at 20 goals this season.

Reactions: Monsters

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad