Confirmed with Link: Burakovsky signs 1 x 3.25M

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
He has been solid. I think at least so far he is working a lot harder than he did in Washington. Maybe a change of scenery and fresh start in a new organization was really what he needed, or maybe this is just a flash in the pan before he resorts back to his older habits.

So far he has looked good alongside Kadri though. And he has a filthy shot when he gets it off.

Reactions: 21

Avs9296

Jul 1, 2019
I loved when he stood up for Donskoi after the whistle when he was getting cross checked. Bura came in and gave him a couple shots and took a couple good ones too. He even layed out a big hit in the 1st period I think.

He's been very good for us all things considered for what we gave up to get him.

I'm a fan (so far).

Spirits

Avalanche and Vikings
Jul 12, 2014
I loved when he stood up for Donskoi after the whistle when he was getting cross checked. Bura came in and gave him a couple shots and took a couple good ones too. He even layed out a big hit in the 1st period I think.

He's been very good for us all things considered for what we gave up to get him.

I'm a fan (so far).
Agreed. Would have preferred a 2-3 year deal on the cheap given what he has shown so far. Early days, though.

Spirits

Avalanche and Vikings
Jul 12, 2014
I don't get either nicknames but ok.

I don't think its controversial to think Kerfoot was better than Compher. Not players from totally different shelfs, just a matter of difference in what you value in a player.
Compher has shown a clutch gene in a small sample size. Every time Kerfoot touched the puck I wanted him to get it away from himself. With Compher I never feel like he is just going to make a dumb play. He does but not at the rate Kerfoot did.

I never hated Kerfoot, in fact my first post on these forums was a question about how good Kerfoot may end up being. He just doesn't have "it". Compher on the other hand has shown improvement every year in my eyes.

Reactions: MacBradley

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
156256739.0.jpg

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Really couldn't have asked for a better start. 4G and 4A in the first 7 games. The rest of his game has been solid as well as he has been competing and working hard.

flyfysher

Mar 21, 2012
I have to laugh at the love for Burakovsky because there were some serious hatred and disgust for his game after the first couple of games. Nevertheless, I was most impressed that he jumped in for his teammate.

Reactions: MacBradley and 21

JLo217

Jul 22, 2009
Reno, NV
But Bura is actually good, unlike Kerfoot. :sarcasm:
The difference is Bura can skate and shoot.

Kerfoot can kinda skate and shoots a muffin. The way I see it is Kerfoot can work with wingers that understand his strange passing and are willing to shoot. The Avs didn't need a passive shooter or a terrible shooting player that was 5'10". They have plenty of those. Bura may come with some frustrations and probably will at some point but he offers something that the Avs needed. A good skating player with size and a shot. If he fits will with Kadri and Donskoi he's just a better fit for the team.

And Kerfoot can go be the best third liner on the player in Toronto or whatever.

Reactions: MacBradley

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->