Buffalo Sabres assets (Players, Picks) - Updated 6/26

Status
Not open for further replies.

vcv

Mar 12, 2006
Williamsville, NY
The list *should* be up to date now. Let me know if I missed anyone or something is incorrect.

- Added 2014 draft picks
- Added Ullmark, Baptiste contracts
- Removed expiring UFA contracts
- Removed Christian Ehrhoff since he was bought out

vcv

Mar 12, 2006
Williamsville, NY
- Added Gionta, Moulson, McCormick, Foligno
- Removed McBain, Knapp, Conacher, MacKenzie, Crawford, Szydlowski
- Updated picks since conditions for Miller trade are resolved, removed conditions list.

Ruckus007

where to?
May 27, 2003
Huntington, WV
- Added Gionta, Moulson, McCormick, Foligno
- Removed McBain, Knapp, Conacher, MacKenzie, Crawford, Szydlowski

Was just about to pick nits on the STL '16 picks and saw you got to it. :laugh:

Read that Chris Brown is going to the USHL, that means the Sabres hold his rights until August 15, 2019, no?

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
Was just about to pick nits on the STL '16 picks and saw you got to it. :laugh:

Read that Chris Brown is going to the USHL, that means the Sabres hold his rights until August 15, 2019, no?

If he is to play in the USHL next year then go to college it would be 2019.

Jacob582

Oct 16, 2012
I haven't seen this listed, but this year's draft "wraps up" the Pominville trade:

Pominville
4th rounder in 2014 (William Lagesson)

to Minnesota Wild for:

Matt Hackett
Johan Larsson,
1st rounder in 2013 (Nikita Zadorov)
2nd rounder in 2014 draft (Vaclav Karabacek)

tehinternet

Jul 6, 2012
Thanks for putting all this information together! I always end up looking at it a few times a month!

I have some questions and comments.

1.) Are the dollar amounts listed actual salaries or cap hits?

2.) I see how the UFA's and RFA's are in separate groupings, but in my opinion it makes sense to group by players that typically be on the sabres roster during the year regardless of UFA/RFA, then a group of guys typically in Rochester, then the remaming guys in other leagues/unsigned/etc.

vcv

Mar 12, 2006
Williamsville, NY
Thanks for putting all this information together! I always end up looking at it a few times a month!

I have some questions and comments.

1.) Are the dollar amounts listed actual salaries or cap hits?

2.) I see how the UFA's and RFA's are in separate groupings, but in my opinion it makes sense to group by players that typically be on the sabres roster during the year regardless of UFA/RFA, then a group of guys typically in Rochester, then the remaming guys in other leagues/unsigned/etc.

1) Cap hits only

2) Too subjective, so it's better to make a clear separation. I do see why it would be nice this way, but it would make it more difficult to keep up on unfortunately.

jfb392

Jul 7, 2010
Does Adams have a shot of making the Amerks or the Sabres in the long run? Or is he simply filler.
He was always a longshot and that was before injuries, so unless he has a massive year, I doubt he's signed.

I only posted that he'd be redshirting because I noticed it in the press release and figured I may as well correct the information here even if it's not particularly important.

Jacob582

Oct 16, 2012
quantity or quality?

I was thinking of putting names to a TM proposed draft day trade.

Would you trade B. Lemieux, E. Cornel, V. Karabacek and B. Martin
for
a 2014 1st round draft pick in the teens (Tuch/Larkin/?) ?

ZeroPT*

Nope.

I says it before I don't think there is much of a difference between 15-18 and 25-35

jBuds

pretty damn valuable
Sponsor
Apr 9, 2005
Richmond, VA
I don't know where else to put it:

I wonder if Bhappteest builds on his strong season, or if he just replicates it as his peak without continuing upwards, if he regresses, etcetera.

... Because he could be an "unsung gem" if he ends up being a threat offensively

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
I don't know where else to put it:

I wonder if Bhappteest builds on his strong season, or if he just replicates it as his peak without continuing upwards, if he regresses, etcetera.

... Because he could be an "unsung gem" if he ends up being a threat offensively

Don't know...I think it will depend alot on the team he is playing n. how much departure was there from that team? Did he lose linemates?

MarkGio

Nov 6, 2010
Can someone fill me in as to why McBain wasn't offer sheeted?

Here's a 26 year old right handed defenseman who's got size and history in being able to put up 25-30 points. This is a guy who has averaged 18-20 minutes over the past 4 seasons.

Sure, he doesn't seem to want to hit people, but he certainly blocks shots. So what did he do wrong?

dotcommunism

Aug 16, 2007

Here's a 26 year old right handed defenseman who's got size and history in being able to put up 25-30 points. This is a guy who has averaged 18-20 minutes over the past 4 seasons.

Sure, he doesn't seem to want to hit people, but he certainly blocks shots. So what did he do wrong?

I'll assume why you mean why he wasn't qualified. Anyway, McBain has put up 30 and 27 points, but this past season he had 16 points and the year before he had 8 in 40 games. As for this past season, while he didn't score a whole lot he also was a complete disaster in his own end, and that was while playing pretty sheltered minutes. If the Sabres had qualified him, his qualifying offer would've been for $1.9M. He arguably wasn't worth keeping around period, let alone for that amount.

Paxon

202* Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY

He's bad defensively and isn't trustworthy with the puck. Has a great shot and has good puck-moving talent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad