Buffalo Sabres assets (Players, Picks) - Updated 6/26

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matt Ress

Don't sleep on me
Aug 5, 2014
Appalachia
Unless the Islanders make the conference finals and the Blues don't, the Islanders pick is before the Blues one. Still, where each pick is slotted depends on which teams make the conference finals (the cup winner picks 30th, the cup loser 29th, the two teams that lose in the conference finals 27th and 28th, then any remaining division winners by regular season finish, then all of the other playoff teams by regular season finish)

Sorry for the inconvenience but, to clarify, it doesn't matter which round a team is bumped unless it's the Conference Final or SC Final? For instance, the Islanders get outed in the 1st round (seemingly 19th) and the Wild (worse the season pt. total) knock out the Blues, the Isle' s pick wouldn't then become 18 unless the Wild (or some other team ending the reg season with less points) make the Conf. Finals?

Husko

Jun 30, 2006
Greenwich, CT
Basically, best case scenario is Islanders losing in the first two rounds and four teams currently below Islanders in the standings all advance to the conference finals.

So we should be cheering for:

Washington (duh), Minnesotta (duh), as well as Calgary, Detroit, Ottawa, and Pittsburgh.

Husko

Jun 30, 2006
Greenwich, CT
Sorry for the inconvenience but, to clarify, it doesn't matter which round a team is bumped unless it's the Conference Final or SC Final? For instance, the Islanders get outed in the 1st round (seemingly 19th) and the Wild (worse the season pt. total) knock out the Blues, the Isle' s pick wouldn't then become 18 unless the Wild (or some other team ending the reg season with less points) make the Conf. Finals?

Correct.

The isles pick is currently the 21st pick, right? So the highest it could get would be 17th.

B U F F A L O

Dec 30, 2013
The only teams below the Isles in the East are Detroit, Ottawa and Pittsburgh. Detroit has the only realistic shot of making the ECF's. Winnipeg already eliminated in west, so now we're hoping for a WCF of Minny and Calgary. Very low odds, but I could see at least 1 of the making it.

I'm gonna say the Isles pick won't move up more than 1. We'll be picking 20th or 21st.

BakedBuffalo

**** run 4 Chychrun
Oct 29, 2014
Buffalo, NY
The only teams below the Isles in the East are Detroit, Ottawa and Pittsburgh. Detroit has the only realistic shot of making the ECF's. Winnipeg already eliminated in west, so now we're hoping for a WCF of Minny and Calgary. Very low odds, but I could see at least 1 of the making it.

I'm gonna say the Isles pick won't move up more than 1. We'll be picking 20th or 21st.

Yea, the winner of CAL-VAN has to play ANA. In other words, basically no chance.

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything
2015-2016 Contract Status/Limit

Curious to where we stand with the 50 player contract limit.

My Count:

Sabres:

F: Moulson, Ennis, Girgensons, Kane, Hodgson, Gionta, Foligno, Deslauriers (8)

RFA: Larsson, Grigerenko (2)

D: Bogosion, Gorges, Ristolainen, Zadorov, Weber (5)

RFA: Pysyk (1)

G: Johnson (1)

Total: 17

Rochester/Prospects:

F: Reinhart, Baptiste, Carrier, Bailey, Dupuy, Kea, Jacobs, Rodrigues, Catenacci (9)

RFA: Schaller, D'Amigo, Dalpe, S-Thomas, Sundher (5)

D: McCabe, Rudwedel, Austin (3)

RFA: Leduc (1)

G: Marakov, Ullmark (2)

RFA: Lieuwen (1)

Total: 21

I feel I'm way off on this number and am missing quite a few, because 38 just seems low.

threeVo

Jan 5, 2010
Tampa
So what was our total haul for trading away the old core of UFAs/Myers? Its hard to keep track with all the trading going on:

Girgensons (NSH 1st + our 2nd 2012)
Jake McCabe (Pick from CGY with Regehr, dont know if this counts)
Nikita Zadorov (1st from MIN Pommer trade)
Larsson (Pommer trade)
Compher (CAR 2nd we got for Sekera)
Justin Bailey (2nd from Miller trade)
Karabacek (2nd from MIN Pommer)
Fasching, Des (Indirect result of Regehr trade to LAK)
Cornel (Moulson -> MIN)
Kane, Bogosian (Myers, Stafford, 25th, prospects)
Brycen Martin (traded down from MIN 2nd 2014)
21st Overall 2015 (Vanek -> NYI)
40ish overall 2015 (Vanek -> NYI)
2016 2nd rounder (Moulson -> MIN)
Out:
Pommer, Vanek, Regehr, Miller, Myers, Stafford, McNabb, Sekera, Gaustad, Lemeiux, Armia, 2015 25th overall

Also indirectly responsible for us bottoming out and getting Reinhart and Eichel

DolanPlsGoSabres

スカンデッラ
Mar 17, 2013
Nagoya
So what was our total haul for trading away the old core of UFAs/Myers? Its hard to keep track with all the trading going on:

Girgensons (NSH 1st + our 2nd 2012)
Jake McCabe (Pick from CGY with Regehr, dont know if this counts)
Nikita Zadorov (1st from MIN Pommer trade)
Larsson (Pommer trade)
Compher (CAR 2nd we got for Sekera)
Justin Bailey (2nd from Miller trade)
Karabacek (2nd from MIN Pommer)
Fasching, Des (Indirect result of Regehr trade to LAK)
Cornel (Moulson -> MIN)
Kane, Bogosian (Myers, Stafford, 25th, prospects)
Brycen Martin (traded down from MIN 2nd 2014)
21st Overall 2015 (Vanek -> NYI)
40ish overall 2015 (Vanek -> NYI)
2016 2nd rounder (Moulson -> MIN)
Out:
Pommer, Vanek, Regehr, Miller, Myers, Stafford, McNabb, Sekera, Gaustad, Lemeiux, Armia, 2015 25th overall

Also indirectly responsible for us bottoming out and getting Reinhart and Eichel

Not to be nitpicky, but I think the pick used for Bailey was acquired in the Leopold trade.

Paxon

202* Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY
Derp, lock it up boys

For what it's worth a several things need to be double-checked but it's going to have to be reset for next season soon anyhow. I'll try and get it 100% accurate for 2015-2016 when I get back from camping this weekend.

Rastin

Jul 14, 2004
Looks like we still have our 7th rounder this year according to the nhl.com full draft order. Guess we got JST for free?

Paxon

202* Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY
Updated for ROR trade and for Bylsma compensation (thanks DJP). It's not all 100% accurate but that can wait until the new version is rolled out.

Rowley Birkin

Oct 31, 2004
Any planned updates on this one Paxon ?

I have one I've updated myself on my computer - might not be 100% accurate however probably close enough if you are OK with me posting it.

(Certainly looks a lot different).

SuperNintendoChalmrs

Jun 28, 2002
Buffalo
I haven't seen official word on it, but I have to go with the incredibly likely assumption that Christian Isackson, Brad Navin and Mark Adams were not signed today.

August 15th is the deadline to sign college draft picks who have played through their senior season.

dotcommunism

Aug 16, 2007
The three of them are all no longer listed as Sabres players on NHL.com. They were as of about 3 or 4 days ago. Besides if any of them had been signed we likely would've known by now

Woodhouse

Dec 20, 2007
New York, NY
With rookie and training camp approaching, I'll go ahead and begin to update this thread intermittently, starting tomorrow, to a new layout for contracted players, unsigned prospects, and picks/futures. The template I threw together looks like this:

{colsp=4}'15-16 Players Under Contract|NHL Cap Hit|{colsp=2}Expiry Date|Roster Status|:HFB:

Akeson, Jason (RW) |
###
|
| |
$575,000​
|
2016 RFA​
|
|
Reassigned​
| Austin, Brady (D) |
###​