Buffalo Sabres 2019-2020 Training Camp Thread

Aladyyn

they praying for the death of a rockstar
Apr 6, 2015
Czech Republic
We could literally waive every one of those players (except Mittelstadt) and be a better team for it. There will be better players available on waivers.
I wouldn't put Dahlin in the diminished stock category (obviously) but would put him in a disappointing category from what I have seen in the ex games.
Losing ERod, Larsson and Girgensons for nothing would be a big blow, wtf are you talking about?

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
So far, I do not like these lines, of course it is only pre-season training, but all this is alarming.

BuzzKillington90

Jul 12, 2011
Albion, Ny
So far, I do not like these lines, of course it is only pre-season training, but all this is alarming.

I'm not too concerned yet. There's a ton of extras and he already changed them up from where they were multiple times. I'm not going to care about the lines until the regular season....if they stay suspect after that, and he doesn't adapt accordingly, then I will care.

Reactions: Sabreality

OkimLom

May 3, 2010
*laughing exactly like Philip Seymour Hoffman in The Big Lebowski* this is good, to me. just fantastic. wonderful team we've got here, and we're all very fond of it.

Fingers crossed these aren't the lines that are closest to the season lineup.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Wasn't Girgensons "LITERALLY AN ALL STAR" at one point? :laugh:

I don't necessarily want to take anything away from the guy, but his production dropped when he got to the Sabres even before the injury. He was an all star because he's a great dude, the team stunk and didn't have a captain, no one really stood out, and Eichel was still considered a bit green for that sort of thing and/or they wanted to give him some time off after the constant ankle injuries.

That deal had Moulson 2.0 written all over it from the start.
1) Girgs made the All Star team the same way John Scott did, Kyle was named to the squad.
2) Anyone who would compare Kyle to Moulson in any way is out of their minds.
3) His stats going a bit down might possibly have something to do with us being among the worst teams of the modern era of the sport.

Dreakon13

Jun 28, 2010
Mighty Taco, NY
1) Girgs made the All Star team the same way John Scott did, Kyle was named to the squad.
2) Anyone who would compare Kyle to Moulson in any way is out of their minds.
3) His stats going a bit down might possibly have something to do with us being among the worst teams of the modern era of the sport.
1) Either way, it's a popularity contest. I find it silly that anyone would place much weight on it. Especially considering one of the stipulations is/was one player from each team, no matter how bad the team is. That was a year where clearly no Sabre should've gone (outside of maybe Eichel).

2) KO is definitely a better player than MM in general and at similar ages, but their path certainly doesn't feel very different here.

3) For that contract (especially at the point when it was signed), he needed to be one of the reasons we weren't one of the worst teams of the modern era of the sport.

Last edited:

Fezzy126

Rebuilding...
May 10, 2017

This pretty much sums up my feelings:

That being said, Ralph supposedly has spent quite a lot of time speaking with the players, I wouldn't be surprised if the initial lineups reflect some player preferences (i.e. Jack w/ Sam) based on those interviews

Reactions: Efectzoer

SnuggaRUDE

Apr 5, 2013
I'm open minded enough to try Dahlin-Risto again; if Risto is just told to hit the first guy and Dahlin goes to pick up the pieces. it could work. That would be playing to their strengths.

Edit: Just being on the ice is playing to Dahlin's strengths. He can do just about anything. It's like he LIVES at a Holiday Inn Express.

OkimLom

May 3, 2010
I'm open minded enough to try Dahlin-Risto again; if Risto is just told to hit the first guy and Dahlin goes to pick up the pieces. it could work. That would be playing to their strengths.

Edit: Just being on the ice is playing to Dahlin's strengths. He can do just about anything. It's like he LIVES at a Holiday Inn Express.

We of course need to make sure when it makes the hit that he does so BEFORE he passes the puck off.

Fezzy126

Rebuilding...
May 10, 2017

If we are to believe that Housley had a negative impact to our on ice performance the past two years, I'm open minded to almost everything.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad