82RWKyle Olson35LGLinus Ullmark
23RWSam Reinhart
72RWTage Thompson
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Last edited:
Reactions: Dingo44

old kummelweck

Nov 10, 2003
Is it wrong to think that if those two don't get signed Hagel probably does?
I was being snarky about Stephens just because he's been around for so long. He didn't get sent down to Roch, so they may like his development. I have no idea what to think of Cornel.

Dex

Complementary
Sponsor
Dec 5, 2011
Under Deep Cover
From all I read last year, Cornel had become a pretty dependable bottom six guy in Roch last year and earned his spot in camp. He'll end up in Rochester for sure as he has signed a Rochester deal, but organizations need these types of players.

Reactions: kummelweck

OkimLom

May 3, 2010
How is Cozens doing? I'm curious how his camp goes!

Cozens had an injured thumb prior to the prospects tournament that took place last week. Literally, up to the day before, we weren't sure if he would play.

From my POV, he had a very pedestrian tournament, where he didn't really shine that brightly. He looked more like a 2nd round pick than a top 10 1st round pick. But I didn't expect much due to his thumb injury.

Due to the "game" like conditions he recently played in, I would like to see him play a lot better now that he can get some practice time in.

Reactions: Hockey Rush

old kummelweck

Nov 10, 2003
It's going to be tough to watch them put the usual suspects on the roster when better options from the farm outplayed them and are deserving of that spot. My respect for Botterill will go up if he actually puts some of these guys on waivers.

Reactions: Aladyyn

Matt Ress

Don't sleep on me
Aug 5, 2014
Appalachia
I think @Chainshot mentioned it somewhere but, there are just way too many defensemen in the system. Which will hinder development of some guys. Man it blows my mind to complain about this but we have to ship some guys out.

MrMaster

Apr 20, 2016
I think @Chainshot mentioned it somewhere but, there are just way too many defensemen in the system. Which will hinder development of some guys. Man it blows my mind to complain about this but we have to ship some guys out.
Competition is good. If they can't crack it and move past guys like Bogo or last years Scandella, then they don't deserve it.

BuzzKillington90

Jul 12, 2011
Albion, Ny
Are we pretending that veteran status, contract/salary, waiver exemptions, and proper development strategy do not exist?

Shhhhhhh people around here don't like logic. They like magical solutions where their ideas happen in a vacuum that exists without contracts/waivers

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY

When you factor in injuries, I don't know if that is the case.

Hunwick is toast.

Pilut & Bogosian are still rehabbing off season surgeries.

I think you will see a quality D or two start the year in Cincy. But, that gives Rochester quality guys to call up when injuries and call ups hit.

MrMaster

Apr 20, 2016
Are we pretending that veteran status, contract/salary, waiver exemptions, and proper development strategy do not exist?
Ok, then give me an example why a guy like let's say Borgen can't crack the top6 this year, assuming he plays lights out in camp and beyond?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad