Buffalo Sabres 2019-2020 Training Camp Thread

sabresnyper

Jun 23, 2009
Syracuse, NY
If the coaching staff wants to see what these young players can do, stop saddling them with guys that oppress team offense.

I've been one of the biggest detractors of Thompson, but I think he's done enough to get a chance with Eichel (I would say or Reinhart, but we know Reinhart wouldn't be tried at center). I would've liked to have seen:

Skinner-Eichel-Thompson
Olofsson-Johansson-Reinhart
Vesey-Mittelstadt-Erod

I like those lines

SabresSharks

Oct 2, 2007
Yeah, I'm disappointed that our "likely NHL squad" is going up against "Future Cleveland Monsters"
Don't teams have off-the-record conversations about lineups prior to pre-season games? I'd think that would be useful for both.

SabresSharks

Oct 2, 2007
Did not HCRK say that the final game will look the most like the opening night roster? Maybe they play saturday?
IIRC he said the last 2 games. Maybe they'll get a look while Vlad/Kyle and Risto/Miller/Joker watch on Saturday.

Hasekperreault23

Nov 23, 2018
The way Sobotka played last year? 1000000% agreed. Larsson is by far the better option. But I also allow my brain to think "Hey, it's possible that someone could go from a black hole of suck to passable 13th forward".

If it's for a game or two when injury hits here and there -- if Sobotka can play the way he did last game......I'm not going to puke.

A lot of ifs in there, granted.
Ok I am missing something.You and a few others said Sobotka played well last game.Can you or someone tell me what he did to impress you? Not being smart generally want to know.From what i saw and I want everyone to do well on the team he looked like he was going through the motions like he always does

La Cosa Nostra

Caporegime
Jun 25, 2009
Man if MarJo can be a 45-50 point 2C for us this year that would help the team along with Mitts immensely. I also think they want to make sure Okposo gets a top 9 role with his salary and if Mojo is a winger that makes it hard.

Skinner-Eichel-Olofsson
Sheary-Johansson-Reinhart
Vesey-Mitts-Okposo
Larsson-Girgs-Erod

Tage the first callup. Okposo getting 3rd line minutes and maybe PP2 time should have him chip in 15 goals. If Okposo can put up another ~15 goal season maybe he can be traded next summer and not cost us a 1st to move that contract. I really think Botts wants to go shopping next summer for 1 or 2 high end UFAs and he may need Okposos 6 mil off the books to afford 2 top ufas, Sams next deal along with Sheary and Veseys replacements/new deals.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY

Ladies and gents, the solution to our problems for a top 6 winger - Vlad Sobotka.

Why do they insist on pairing Jack with Sam and not Jeff when Sam is capable of carying a line and Jeff isn't? It's like they are trying to set Jeff up to have a disappointing season so him and the organization can get torn to shreds by everyone, it makes no sense at all.

Reactions: Cheese Breadman

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad