Pre-Game Talk: Buffalo for All the Marbles - Pens @ Sabres

Status
Not open for further replies.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sep 5, 2008
Perron struggling is not that concerning to me since every single player on the team sans Ian Cole and Sidney Crosby are struggling right now.

Anyways I'm going to miss the game tonight which is probably a mercy since I don't know how well my heart could take it either way. I'm going to have the biggest panic attack when I go to look at my phone though wondering whether I will see disaster or relief.

We're getting into the playoffs. It'd take a pretty silly string of events in order for us to miss (Boston getting the win against Tampa, and us losing in regulation to Buffalo).

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
What would be bad about Benn winning it? He's a respectable player AFAIK / never heard anything to the contrary.

For whatever reason, my gf is an all Dallas fan. Benn is like Getzlaf aka Lord Stick Infractor Esquire. Benn is like his long lost heir, amazing talent, bit of a brat and whiny at times.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Got my bottle of vodka ready.

Am wondering if I should drink now or later??

I have a reception to attend to at 6pm, so I will start my pre-drinking at 4:30 just to prepare for the loss.

Although with Buffalo...there are two things:

1. Will they try to win to hurt their chances of McDavid/Eichel (I hope Buffalo, Arizona, Toronto and Carolina get the top 4 so Hanifin and Strome end up in the other 2 and whomever the 5th best prospect is. Screw Edmonton...

2. Or will they try to win and end the year on a high note.

Pens deserve the #2 option.

Mar 22, 2010
Mother Base
I have a reception to attend to at 6pm, so I will start my pre-drinking at 4:30 just to prepare for the loss.

Although with Buffalo...there are two things:

1. Will they try to win to hurt their chances of McDavid/Eichel (I hope Buffalo, Arizona, Toronto and Carolina get the top 4 so Hanifin and Strome end up in the other 2 and whomever the 5th best prospect is. Screw Edmonton...

2. Or will they try to win and end the year on a high note.

Pens deserve the #2 option.

They have already secured last place.

BrunoPuntzJones

Biscuit Scorer
Apr 17, 2012
Washington, DC
The Sabres might just play their best game of the year tonight. They were humiliated by the Penguins a couple times earlier in the season. Their only motivations are pride and revenge.

Lomez

Too Awesome for Top 100
Mar 29, 2009
PGH, PA
We traded a first for an injury prone 27 year old. That has played 1 complete season in 6 years and looks like his play is already on the decline. He's not worth a first. Now the Despres/Lovejoy trade... Despres had 4 years and was solid but wasn't nothing special especially with all the future defensive prospects we got. Despres was expendable. We thought we were getting a slightly better defensemen for a playoff push. Even if wrong.. It's not big deal because Despres will never be a Top 10,20,30 defensemen. Now this pick has the potential to be somebody very good in a deep draft. Perron has brought nothing and will never be a factor. They will probably end up trading him anyways :lol:

It takes a reasonable amount of effort to string together a dozen authoritative statements that are almost all incredibly wrong. Is this a joke?

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Alright... let's try one positive day. Then if we lose, we can have a summer of negative ****.

Let's go old school. Old school lucky gifs, old school lucky avatars, old school usernames... whatever it takes.

Tiger-Woods-fistpump-slow-motion.gif

SHOOTANDSCORE

Eeny Meeny Miny Moe
Sep 25, 2005
Alright... let's try one positive day. Then if we lose, we can have a summer of negative ****.

Let's go old school. Old school lucky gifs, old school lucky avatars, old school usernames... whatever it takes.

I'm in

roquay

Aug 9, 2012
Victoria

Old School gifs ;)

MJ's gameplan :laugh:

tumblr_mguhf4H0gs1r228r5o1_400.gif

NewAgeOutlaw

Belie Dat!
Jul 15, 2011
412/724
Let's breakdown the HFB consensus over 2 years...

DB has to go! Now we got a coach that needs to backdoor into the playoffs.

Fleury has to go! He's been our best player all year.

Keep Letang! Looks like he's going to be playing injured or miss playoffs. He's useless.

Liked the Ehrhoff trade - He's been a bust.

Liked Perron trade - Bust.

Hated Cole and Winnik trades - Both have been great.

Your not the smarter group of individuals. I think the only things you have been right about is Despres, Bennett deserves a chance, and Adams has to go. Batting 3 for 20. Thank god none of you are GMs.

Ben Lovejoy is the better defensemen right now tho. I honestly don't think they will miss the physical play of Despres because like last game it was reckless a lot of the times. They got a more experienced physical defensemen in Cole. They brought in plenty of physical wingers like Downie, Winnik, Lappy. They are better setup for the playoffs right now then they have been in the last couple of years.

Stop being so good Lovejoy

They can't handle Loveyjoy is better right now then he will ever be. They need to be right.

It's crazy how much better of a team they are without Letang...

Horrible keep in by Niskanen, horrible play by Maatta, Scuderi no where on the ice... Lets blame Scuderi, Bylsma, Glass playing, and Adams. None of you know S about hockey. It's sad this is the only true hockey forum and people probably read what you idiots type and believe it.

Geno and Kunitz have chemistry and it will only get better with time but let's trade years of team chemistry for a unknown Makes sense.

Yeah you've never been wrong before.:sarcasm:

Sideline

May 23, 2004

<---It's a Great Day for Hockey

And Red Panda
red-panda-haters-gonna-hate-o.gif

Waffle Fries

Mar 7, 2013
Crosby has 8 points in 2 games against Buffalo this year. So if he can keep that up, we're good to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad