Pre-Game Talk: Buffalo for All the Marbles - Pens @ Sabres

Status
Not open for further replies.

billybudd

Feb 1, 2012
I'll be watching the Bruins game, not the Pens game.

We're losing tonight, so the Bs game is what will determine if we've traded Mcdavid for Perron.

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
Welp... :laugh: I'm kind of okay with anything. If we don't make the playoffs, my summer starts April 12th. That ain't too shabby. That means I don't have to waste my time watching this team frustrate me.

If they do win, maybe I get a week or two more. Is it worth the prolonged frustration?

I don't see why you're frustrated anymore. This team isn't underachieving. It's just not very good.

I'm looking at 09 as catching lightning in a bottle and never really building around the two best centers in the game from there on out. Accountability a close second in terms of problems.

SHOOTANDSCORE

Eeny Meeny Miny Moe
Sep 25, 2005
Welp... :laugh: I'm kind of okay with anything. If we don't make the playoffs, my summer starts April 12th. That ain't too shabby. That means I don't have to waste my time watching this team frustrate me.

If they do win, maybe I get a week or two more. Is it worth the prolonged frustration?
The only reason I really care is that you just know our pick will win the lottery. That would depress the hell out of me.

NewAgeOutlaw

Belie Dat!
Jul 15, 2011
412/724
I'll be watching the Bruins game, not the Pens game.

We're losing tonight, so the Bs game is what will determine if we've traded Mcdavid for Perron.

You mean traded a 1% chance at McDavid for Perron.

That trade was fine. The problem is the epic collapse that has opened up the possibility of that pick being a lottery pick.

wej20

Aug 14, 2008
UK
The only reason I really care is that you just know our pick will win the lottery. That would depress the hell out of me.

Just be glad it is not the 2016 rules as we could potentially have given way the 1st or 2nd or 3rd overall pick.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
Well... at least they are wearing those gorgeous thirds, tonight. So that they can complete this flameout-for-the-ages in style.

chethejet

Feb 4, 2012
MJ has to be held to some account here. Maybe he is back or maybe not. The outside the cap cash flow is better after this coming year. Bylsma and I believe Shero's contracts are up. I think JR is over as well but he may have a third year. If MJ has a two year deal, then the franchise will need the money as I expect a decline in the hockey revenue this coming year. Consol cash flow in fine and from that perspective Pens have a nice secondary income to bank on. But clearly the popularity and interest is and has been softening and how that show up will be ticket and merchandise sales. Losing to Buffalo is not good. That points to professional pride at this point and what do you do when the players don't care. BLOW IT UP. I expect some empty seats even if the Pens make the playoffs. Less ticket buying public wants to pony up big bucks for this crap.

deakka

Nov 6, 2009

Same here. Ottawa is winning so IF we make it we will get swept by the Rangers anyway.

But i just cant risk our pick wins the lottery. I wouldnt know how to handle that tbh......

YinzAintBurgh*

You mean traded a 1% chance at McDavid for Perron.

That trade was fine. The problem is the epic collapse that has opened up the possibility of that pick being a lottery pick.

How is that trade fine but Lovejoy/Despres is the worst thing ever? At this pace Perron will be a shell of his old self next season ala Kunitz.

Smasher

Jan 25, 2012
Finland
nemecic.bandcamp.com
Expect anything.

1308031181925.jpg

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
Same here. Ottawa is winning so IF we make it we will get swept by the Rangers anyway.

But i just cant risk our pick wins the lottery. I wouldnt know how to handle that tbh......

Not only that, but the Despres for Lovejoy trade in the same season aka Naslund for Stojanov.

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
Honestly, at this point, all I hope for is Sid winning the scoring title. If we make the playoffs, we will get destroyed by NYR. I hope we make them and I will naively hope they can win the Cup, but still, all I realistically can be hoping for is Sid winning the Art Ross.

But, we probably be shutout by the worst team in the league and miss the playoffs :cry:

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sep 5, 2008
The Bruins need to win in regulation for us to be out, right? Assuming they don't--which I highly doubt they do against a vastly superior opponent playing for their division championship--the Pens can lose in regulation (which I don't think they will) and still make it.

This is assuming Ottawa wins.

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
The Bruins need to win in regulation for us to be out, right? Assuming they don't--which I highly doubt they do against a vastly superior opponent playing for their division championship--the Pens can lose in regulation (which I don't think they will) and still make it.

This is assuming Ottawa wins.

Bruins need 1 point if Pens get none, or a win if Pens get 1 and Sens 1 point.Aslong as Bruins tie us in points they win because they got more points in the season series.

NewAgeOutlaw

Belie Dat!
Jul 15, 2011
412/724
How is that trade fine but Lovejoy/Despres is the worst thing ever? At this pace Perron will be a shell of his old self next season ala Kunitz.

You're kidding right? Perron is about to turn 27 and Kunitz is in his mid 30's. It's not comparable at all. Even if it is a lottery pick, the 1st we traded is not likely to yield a player who is better than Perron so the trade was fine. Meanwhile, the Despres trade landed us a player who is not as good as Despres currently and who will get even worse as he starts to age. It's quite laughable that you even think the 2 trades are comparable.

penspenspens

Feb 2, 2014
Lot of talk about us loosing out on McDavid. Jokes aside, even if we did managed to win the lottery, do we really want him? That would almost be too cruel to the game. We already have the two best centers, what should we do with McDavid? Let him play third line minutes? Use him on the PK? Put him to play with Adams and Kunitz? He'd probably be stuck on the third line for a long time. Think about what the organization did/does to BB, and we really need a winger. What whould they do to McDavid? He'd probably be better off in Edmonton

cajal

Go Pens!
Dec 13, 2007
Miskatonic U
It should be interesting to see how hard Buffalo plays today. On one hand, they've clinched a top 2 pick and want to go out on a winning note for their fans.

On the other hand, a win today puts the Bruins in the playoffs. This morning I talked to a few of my Sabres fan friends, and not one of them wants to see Boston get in. At all. Expletives were used :laugh:

Decisions, decisions lol

Edit: The Broons would get in if the Sabres and Boston both won, of course

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad