Buffalo Bills talk 2018 - Off Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Waterfowlist

Aug 9, 2012
Wouldn’t this be similar to the last accusation that got Elliott suspended?

Edit; in this instance, assuming he is falsely accused... I loathe the images I saw, and we are speaking pure hypotheticals here

Elliot was suspended after a year long investigation. The NFL doesn’t release the results of the investigation. Maybe In their opinion they believed him to be guilty but in a court prosecutors knew they couldn’t prove it? Their suspension has to be based on something credible or else I could say Tom Brady assaulted me in a parking lot just to get a guy suspended.

Like you said, we are talking hypotheticals. If he wasn’t even in the state and nothing connects him to the attacker, what could they suspend him on? A single persons accusations?

dotcommunism

Aug 16, 2007
After the incident or prior to?
After making the post. I'm not basing this on any inside information, but I know how the internet and social media work. Posting something like that, that ends up as high profile as it is, is a lightning rod for people who get off on being shitheads

Reactions: jBuds

Waterfowlist

Aug 9, 2012
NFL DISCIPLINARY DECISION
An individual is subject to discipline under the policy if the person is determined to be guilty of a criminal charge or if the NFL investigation demonstrates the person engaged in conduct prohibited by the policy. Depending on the nature of the violation and the person’s record, discipline may be a fine, suspension, community service, or a combination of the three. Violations involving assault, battery, domestic violence or sexual assault will result in a baseline six-game suspension without pay, with more if aggravating factors are present, such as the use of a weapon or a crime against a child. A second offense will result in banishment from the NFL.

Buffaloed

webmaster
Feb 27, 2002
Niagara Falls
My best guess, pure rank speculation of what happened:

-McCoy was in fact in Florida during the incident
-A home invasion did actually take place, McCoy's exgirlfriend was actually assaulted
-No intruders were arrested or otherwise identified
-The C/W made a comment about "it was probably some thug sent by McCoy" - maybe, in fact, it was, maybe in fact, it wasn't
-Friend of C/W took to social media to accuse McCoy

Just a complete guess, but this is the sort of way these things spread.

My guess is she owes some very bad people money and they came by to collect. After the thugs left, the question became "where can I come up with that kind of money?" and the friend attempted to extort McCoy.

Reactions: Eichel9

stokes84

Jun 30, 2008
Charleston, SC
My best guess, pure rank speculation of what happened:

-McCoy was in fact in Florida during the incident
-A home invasion did actually take place, McCoy's exgirlfriend was actually assaulted
-No intruders were arrested or otherwise identified
-The C/W made a comment about "it was probably some thug sent by McCoy" - maybe, in fact, it was, maybe in fact, it wasn't
-Friend of C/W took to social media to accuse McCoy

Just a complete guess, but this is the sort of way these things spread.

Interesting tidbit from the police report is that the perp was demanding specific items. That could be the tipoff.

vcv

Mar 12, 2006
Williamsville, NY
This McCoy story is insane. IF Shady is involved in any way I hope he never puts on a Bills uniform ever again. This whole circus definitely doesn’t cast McCoy in an innocent light, especially with reports saying he was trying to evict her.
How is evicting someone from your home putting someone in a bad light? Of all the things in this story that may paint him in a bad light...

Cirris

Nov 10, 2006
Crackport
This whole situation has me singing a tune.....

McCoy would be a stupid fool if he didn't just let his lawyer handle his ex's mess.

stokes84

Jun 30, 2008
Charleston, SC
This whole situation has me singing a tune.....

McCoy would be a stupid fool if he didn't just let his lawyer handle his ex's mess.

We've got some serious idol worshippers on this forum. That girl was the victim of a heinous crime and your first reaction is that she's a gold digger. Pretty sick.

Cirris

Nov 10, 2006
Crackport
We've got some serious idol worshippers on this forum. That girl was the victim of a heinous crime and your first reaction is that she's a gold digger. Pretty sick.

Hanging onto your Ex's crap, and not leaving his place after break up isn't someone who's "purely" a victim in a domestic issue.

If McCoy did do what he's being accused of he's a stupid fool, like I said.

But i'm not going to sit here and pretend that she isn't some random girl who was maimed by some stranger. I'd have a ton of more sympathy for her if she was trying to distance herself from McCoy, not the other way around and try and latch onto him by holding his personal belongings and real state as a hostage.

26CornerBlitz

Sponsor
Apr 14, 2012
South Jersey
Police: Woman assaulted at home of NFL star LeSean McCoy

Fulton County Magistrate Court records show that McCoy initiated eviction proceedings against the former girlfriend in July 2017, saying that the pair were no longer in a relationship.

Court records show two attempts to serve the former girlfriend with the document but no other action. Eviction paperwork was filed again last month with McCoy listed as the plaintiff and the woman and "and all others" listed as the defendant.

The sworn statement to initiate the proceedings was signed by Tamarcus Porter, who played football with McCoy in college.

Porter was arrested with McCoy following a nightclub brawl involving off-duty police officers in Philadelphia in February 2016. No charges were filed after prosecutors said they could not prove who initiated the fight in which two officers were injured.

The sworn statement signed by Porter said McCoy is the owner of the house and that his ex-girlfriend was refusing to leave.

No attorney for McCoy is listed in the June 10 filing.

darcyRegier

Mar 27, 2017

So far there's also zero evidence that McCoy was involved in any way so far...I think if it turns out that Shady wasn't involved at all, the accusations are just as heinous of an act. We're talking about someone's entire career on the line here.

If Shady is guilty then he deserves anything that happens to him, but until then it shouldn't be surprising that fans are defending the franchise player who's currently the teams only hope for success.

stokes84

Jun 30, 2008
Charleston, SC
Hanging onto your Ex's crap, and not leaving his place after break up isn't someone who's "purely" a victim in a domestic issue.

If McCoy did do what he's being accused of he's a stupid fool, like I said.

But i'm not going to sit here and pretend that she isn't some random girl who was maimed by some stranger. I'd have a ton of more sympathy for her if she was trying to distance herself from McCoy, not the other way around and try and latch onto him by holding his personal belongings and real state as a hostage.

You are seriously rationalizing a woman being beaten half to death? Get a grip.

stokes84

Jun 30, 2008
Charleston, SC
So far there's also zero evidence that McCoy was involved in any way so far...I think if it turns out that Shady wasn't involved at all, the accusations are just as heinous of an act. We're talking about someone's entire career on the line here.

If Shady is guilty then he deserves anything that happens to him, but until then it shouldn't be surprising that fans are defending the franchise player who's currently the teams only hope for success.

Other than a witness account, which is evidence.

Reactions: vcv

Waterfowlist

Aug 9, 2012
The “witness” you refer to is a nameless Instagram poster that may or may not have been present. Maybe she is just speculating, the same way all of us are right now.

darcyRegier

Mar 27, 2017
Other than a witness account, which is evidence.

I don't know how internet law works but just going off of that instagram picture, which can be very easily edited, isn't much evidence. I don't know if more recent details have come out but it hasn't even been confirmed who the girl in the post actually is.

The only evidence provided to the public so far is that some girl allegedly sustained injuries to her face, and that police responded to a break in on some house on McCoy's street. There is literally nothing there that definitely suggests that McCoy has anything to do with it, and him practicing in Miami 7 hours after the break in was reported (which is an 11 hour drive from Cherokee County) doesn't help the supposed victims case. We have to wait for more details to come out before we make any accusations.

enthusiast

cybersabre his prophet
Oct 20, 2009
100 vbux on shady telling someone to get her out of the house without telling him how

Wont catch me shedding tears for someone who according to the narrative covered for a child abuser because they liked the house tho

Cirris

Nov 10, 2006
Crackport
You are seriously rationalizing a woman being beaten half to death? Get a grip.

No, i'm rationalizing that she's a golddigger. She CAN be a golddigger and still be a victim of assault. And just because she IS a golddigger, doesn't justify McCoy allegedly assaulting her. But no, I don't feel sorry for her. There's far many more victims of violence that deserve my caring. Someone latching onto a Ex's real estate, belongings and refusing to move on for over a year, isn't one of them.

You can feel sorry for her for both of us.

26CornerBlitz

Sponsor
Apr 14, 2012
South Jersey
LeSean McCoy Victim Suggests NFL Star Orchestrated Brutal Attack

The victim in the LeSean McCoy home invasion has lawyered up and appears to be pointing the finger at the NFL star ... implying he had a role in the violent incident that left her bloody and beaten.

Delicia Cordon has hired attorney Tanya Mitchell Graham -- who issued a statement saying Delicia was sleeping early Tuesday morning when a man entered her Georgia home and pistol whipped her.

Graham says the assailant demanded specific items of jewelry that had been given to her by McCoy -- jewelry that McCoy had previously demanded she return to him. She claims the victim also sustained injuries to her wrist when the assailant tried to rip off her bracelet.

Graham claims before the incident, McCoy "would often suggest to Ms. Cordon that she could be robbed because the jewelry was expensive."

Graham -- who's joined by associate attorney Demetrius Price -- never straight-up accuses McCoy of criminal activity, but strongly implies it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad