Buffalo Bills talk 2018 - Off Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything
People lie. It happens all the time. I see it all the time in my line of work. Most often, in my experience, the truth is somewhere between all the different stories different people tell.

Is the person who posted that picture lying? I don't know. What's the C/W's story? What's McCoy's story? There's a lot I don't know. But yes, people lie. Someone is obviously lying here (either McCoy or the photo poster).

Okay, well that woman had her face smashed in, unless you are one of the crazies on twitter who thinks she has access to Stan Winston makeup studios and they are in on the hoax.

And quite frankly, I have a hard time wrapping my head around a victim of this magnitude deciding that the actual perpetrator wasn't worth her time, but instead she could frame her ex. That's next level crazy IMO.

The only fair thing to say here is to wait for the facts to come out. You can't ignore a credible accusation (which is on law enforcement to determine) and you can't assume guilt either. We've got avery very limited info to work with.

Reactions: jc17 and Husko

OkimLom

May 3, 2010
Something is fishy. There's another account that posted that McCoy sent guys to her house to pistol whip and beat her...

Honestly, to me, those photos look similar to someone being involved in a car accident.

We'll see if anything becomes of it.

26CornerBlitz

Sponsor
Apr 14, 2012
South Jersey

Icicle

Think big
Oct 16, 2005
So what's clear:

1. He wasn't personally there at all
2. Girl is his ex and she recently was overseas
3. Cops did get involved
4. 3rd party accuser backed out of accusation

sincerity0

Dec 23, 2016
This McCoy story is insane. IF Shady is involved in any way I hope he never puts on a Bills uniform ever again. This whole circus definitely doesn’t cast McCoy in an innocent light, especially with reports saying he was trying to evict her.

dotcommunism

Aug 16, 2007
So what's clear:

1. He wasn't personally there at all
2. Girl is his ex and she recently was overseas
3. Cops did get involved
4. 3rd party accuser backed out of accusation
A post being deleted is not clearly a retraction.

jBuds

pretty damn valuable
Sponsor
Apr 9, 2005
Richmond, VA
A post being deleted is not clearly a retraction.
Not at all. Wouldn’t her own representation think to advise against that type of media/public unfolding if the accusation is legitimate? Not impossible to think of it like that. Maybe her attorney told her to ask that the friend deletes it?

We know nothing.

Husko

Jun 30, 2006
Greenwich, CT
My best guess, pure rank speculation of what happened:

-McCoy was in fact in Florida during the incident
-A home invasion did actually take place, McCoy's exgirlfriend was actually assaulted
-No intruders were arrested or otherwise identified
-The C/W made a comment about "it was probably some thug sent by McCoy" - maybe, in fact, it was, maybe in fact, it wasn't
-Friend of C/W took to social media to accuse McCoy

Just a complete guess, but this is the sort of way these things spread.

darcyRegier

Mar 27, 2017
Cherokee County to Miami is almost an 11 hour drive...if Shady was in Miami early this morning and has alibi's to prove it, I think he should be fine.

Shady might still be at fault, but I still hate how people feel the need to post every aspect of their lives on social media. If that girl had any sense (assuming Shady was at fault) she would've contacted an attorney and not send out a desperate plea for attention & followers. Maybe I'm just weird but if something like that happened to someone I know, the absolute last thing I would think of doing is putting it on social media for the whole world to see, especially something that personal.

Waterfowlist

Aug 9, 2012

What a weird situation. It is one thing to accuse the man of domestic abuse, but where do all the other allegations come from? Either she was trying to pile on and ruin him, or he really is a monster. Unfortunately we’ll likely be left with some grey understanding of what really happened.

Unfortunately the court of public opinion doesn’t abide by “innocent until proven guilty.”

jBuds

pretty damn valuable
Sponsor
Apr 9, 2005
Richmond, VA
What a weird situation. It is one thing to accuse the man of domestic abuse, but where do all the other allegations come from? Either she was trying to pile on and ruin him, or he really is a monster. Unfortunately we’ll likely be left with some grey understanding of what really happened.

Unfortunately the court of public opinion doesn’t abide by “innocent until proven guilty.”
And the NFL doesn’t abide by “innocent and penalty free in our eyes if not prosecuted or if exonerated ”

Reactions: Mergus

Waterfowlist

Aug 9, 2012
And the NFL doesn’t abide by “innocent and penalty free in our eyes if not prosecuted or if exonerated ”
I believe they have to have reason to believe there was impropriety on the players part. Exonerated from criminal charges doesn’t mean the person did nothing wrong. If the person put themselves in a situation that suggested they may be involved in wrongdoing, the nfl can suspend/fine them under the personal conduct policy. If these are truly baseless accusations and McCoy did nothing to warrant them, they can’t penalize him for that.

Maybe I’m wrong but that would be insane if he could be suspended based on an accusation if there is no credible evidence he did anything wrong.

Ray Rice, Elliot, etc, they were all likely guilty or at the very least put themselves in questionable situations that could reflect poorly on the NFL. If McCoy was in FL and has no connection to the assailant, there is no way they cAn punish him. Can they?

jBuds

pretty damn valuable
Sponsor
Apr 9, 2005
Richmond, VA
I believe they have to have reason to believe there was impropriety on the players part. Exonerated from criminal charges doesn’t mean the person did nothing wrong. If the person put themselves in a situation that suggested they may be involved in wrongdoing, the nfl can suspend/fine them under the personal conduct policy. If these are truly baseless accusations and McCoy did nothing to warrant them, they can’t penalize him for that.

Maybe I’m wrong but that would be insane if he could be suspended based on an accusation if there is no credible evidence he did anything wrong.

Ray Rice, Elliot, etc, they were all likely guilty or at the very least put themselves in questionable situations that could reflect poorly on the NFL. If McCoy was in FL and has no connection to the assailant, there is no way they cAn punish him. Can they?
Wouldn’t this be similar to the last accusation that got Elliott suspended?

Edit; in this instance, assuming he is falsely accused... I loathe the images I saw, and we are speaking pure hypotheticals here

dotcommunism

Aug 16, 2007
Not at all. Wouldn’t her own representation think to advise against that type of media/public unfolding if the accusation is legitimate? Not impossible to think of it like that. Maybe her attorney told her to ask that the friend deletes it?

We know nothing.
Well one thing I can guarantee you is that the person who made the instragram post has been subject to a significant amount of online harassment.

Husko

Jun 30, 2006
Greenwich, CT
Wouldn’t this be similar to the last accusation that got Elliott suspended?

Edit; in this instance, assuming he is falsely accused... I loathe the images I saw, and we are speaking pure hypotheticals here
Right, with the Elliot situation, it seems like every single investigator found her not credible and they still suspended Elliot.

Reactions: jBuds
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad