Buffalo Bills talk 2018 - Off Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

26CornerBlitz

Sponsor
Apr 14, 2012
South Jersey
Joe B: 5 things to watch in Buffalo Bills vs. Carolina Panthers (8/9/18)

(WKBW) - And away we go.

For the first time in the 2018 season, even if it is just preseason, the Buffalo Bills will play in a competitive game. They'll take on the Carolina Panthers in a matchup that's less about the opponents and more about the individual performances on the Bills roster.

Thursday night is also the first time, on a grand scale, that Bills fans will be able to see their first-round quarterback in uniform. In fact, the excitement for that debut likely supersedes all other facets of the game.

However, this is the first of four games that means everything to the players fighting for the last five or so roster spots.

It all begins tonight. What should you be keeping an eye on Thursday? Five things to watch for when the Bills take on the Panthers:

1) The debut of Josh Allen
2) The two-person starting competition?
3) Tremaine Edmunds versus the run
4) The muddled bubble at WR
5) Who will stand out at center?

cramdizzl

cram it
Jan 5, 2012
Western NY
Man, watching hard knocks just makes me hate Mayfield. Before the draft I was hoping he fell and the bills would draft him, but now I’m glad he didn’t. The show makes him out to be exactly the person he was been billed as throughout the draft process - an entitled punk. He is a hard person to like on a personal level. His arrogance is off the charts and he lacks any shred of sincerity. But, ultimately he will be judged on his ability on the field and not his personality. Maybe he does have the ability to be the answer for the Browns, but his work ethic appears to suggest the Browns may have missed on their 8th straight 1st rounder...

The show also makes me miss Tyrod...

Sheesh, I'm sensing some preconceived bias here. How the hell do you get all that from 15 minutes of airtime?

Who even described him as an entitled punk in the draft process? The idiots that compared him to Manziel? The book on him has always been "fiery competitor who will be loved by teammates".

Also pegging the former walk-on turned 1st overall pick as someone with a bad work ethic after one episode of edited TV. That's rich. This post gets an F.

truthbluth

Feb 2, 2011
Sheesh, I'm sensing some preconceived bias here. How the hell do you get all that from 15 minutes of airtime?

Who even described him as an entitled punk in the draft process? The idiots that compared him to Manziel? The book on him has always been "fiery competitor who will be loved by teammates".

Also pegging the former walk-on turned 1st overall pick as someone with a bad work ethic after one episode of edited TV. That's rich. This post gets an F.
That former walk-on narrative drives me crazy. He was offered a whole bunch of full scholarships, just not from Oklahoma, which was the only team he wanted to play for. He was a walk on, technically, but he didn't go to Oklahoma until he knew that he would get a scholarship.

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
I love how this team is playing with energy even though it's preseason. McDermott gets that team motivated for every game. What a difference between him and that gongshow Rex put on.

Reactions: joshjull

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
I really like the offensive play calling so far. A lot of deception. Obviously it's only preseason, but hopefully it's a sign of things to come.

Waterfowlist

Aug 9, 2012
Yeah, looked like KB said “I got nothing to say” multiple times.

KB was foolish to say what he did, but Cam should have just taken the high road. No need to try and confront him.

Uberpecker

Mar 3, 2011
Inclompletion on a deep throw, then another one on 3rd down on a short throw that shoulda been caught.
Hopefully not a preview of things to come.

Waterfowlist

Aug 9, 2012
Foster costs Allen a highlight reel TD. Great throw by Allen, but Foster slowed down. If it were Coleman than was a TD.

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
Oh man, if that WR puts his head down and goes that's a TD. Well placed ball by Allen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad