Buffalo Bills talk 2018 - Off Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Waterfowlist

Aug 9, 2012
sure was a great move to let tyrod walk when the draft qb is developmental now anyway

Clearly they feel their current QBs depth chart is better than when they had Taylor on it. If they didn’t, they could have kept Tyrod for one more year to mentor the rookie.

La Cosa Nostra

Caporegime
Jun 25, 2009
Uhh...we essentially got a late 2nd rounder for Tyrod. He wasnt a playoff winning qb. He led the offense to THREE points. I take #65 for tyrod every day and I was a tyrod fan. He wont lead Cleveland anywhere. He will post similar numbers like here, something like 16 pass td, 12 picks a few rushing scores and the Browns will go 6-10. Huge improvement but still the basement pretty much.

Reactions: Dingo44

BuffaloGooner

Sep 8, 2011
Sloan, NY
So Allen needs to learn how to throw swing passes but honestly through the first few days of practice he just throws a better ball than the other two quarterbacks. It’s no contest. Give him time.

enthusiast

cybersabre his prophet
Oct 20, 2009
Clearly they feel their current QBs depth chart is better than when they had Taylor on it. If they didn’t, they could have kept Tyrod for one more year to mentor the rookie.

they felt peterman was an upgrade last year as well lol

26CornerBlitz

Sponsor
Apr 14, 2012
South Jersey
https://www.rochesterfirst.com/sports/nfl/nfl-buffalo/make-or-break-camp-for-shaq/1330787875

Pittsford - Shaq Lawson is a better Shaq Lawson this year.

"I feel faster than I've ever been. I move quicker. I'm skinny," Lawson said, looking down as if to confirm his weight. "I look like I'm too skinny."

It's no secret Lawson's roster sport is far from secure. Normally close to the vest, Sean McDermott came out and said so Saturday.

"I’m not going to hide behind [the fact that] there’s a strong competition there between a few guys, including Trent Murphy, Shaq," McDermott said. "It’s time for him to step up."

26CornerBlitz

Sponsor
Apr 14, 2012
South Jersey
From Matthew Fairburn - The Athletic:

Bills practice observations Day Three: Josh Allen, LeSean...

Here’s what else we saw at practice on Saturday.

Peterman struggles again
AJ McCarron update
LeSean McCoy dazzles
Marcus Murphy gets a shot with the first team
Nick O’Leary banged up
The Star of one-on-ones
Malachi Dupre getting plenty of reps
Movement on the offensive line
McDermott not shy about Shaq Lawson
Dion Dawkins vs. Jerry Hughes is great for the Bills

The Bills take the practice field again at 8:45 a.m. Sunday.

26CornerBlitz

Sponsor
Apr 14, 2012
South Jersey

26CornerBlitz

Sponsor
Apr 14, 2012
South Jersey
CAPACCIO: Allen already a factor in QB race

Saturday was not only Josh Allen’s best day of training camp so far, but he was arguably the best quarterback on the field for the Bills.

And, once again for the second day in a row, the rookie got plenty of snaps with the first team offense against the starting defense.

Taking all of that in and looking at the big picture, it’s clear Allen is a legitimate option to become the team’s starter week one at the Baltimore Ravens. Of course there is still a long way to go and he hasn’t been perfect by any means, but to anyone watching practice, from fans in the stands to local or national media on the sidelines, there’s no doubting who the most naturally gifted QB is on the field every day.

For Allen to be taking reps with the first team already is somewhat surprising given that he was exclusively with the third string offense throughout OTAs and a minicamp. Also, head coach Sean McDermott gave indications that’s how it would be to start training camp.

That was how it started. And lasted one day.

hizzoner

Sponsor
Jun 19, 2006
Ah but the question remains unanswered. Were they right?

WeDislikeEich

Jun 22, 2015
Uhh...we essentially got a late 2nd rounder for Tyrod. He wasnt a playoff winning qb. He led the offense to THREE points. I take #65 for tyrod every day and I was a tyrod fan. He wont lead Cleveland anywhere. He will post similar numbers like here, something like 16 pass td, 12 picks a few rushing scores and the Browns will go 6-10. Huge improvement but still the basement pretty much.

Yeah, we got more for Tyrod than I thought we would. I was definitrly happy with the value Beane got back in the trade, especially with them paying Tyrod’s $7M in bonus money (or whatever it was).

But I am undecided as to whether it was the right time for that move or not. He would have been a nice fit in Daboll’s offense. Much better than in Dennison’s IMO.

And I always said that I didn’t think we should move on from Tyrod until we had someone ready to replace him.

So it’ll all depend on how McCarron/Peterman do this season if Allen’s not ready (I hope they don’t rush him...).

I agree that I don’t see Tyrod leading the team anywhere. He was/is a competent veteran bridge QB with an excellent work ethic.
And Allen’s the future now. I just don’t want to see him rushed into starting duty because we have nobody else capable.

I think Tyrod will be great for the Browns though. They just need a competent starter. They haven’t had one in years...
and they need someone to take care of the ball. That was a HUGE issue for them last year.

Kizer alone had 28 turnovers last year. 22 ints and 6 fumbles.
They were -28 as a team. That is horrible.

Tyrod’s biggest strength is his ball security. The Most int’s he ever threw in a season was 6.
Has 16 total int’s in 3yrs starting.

His ball security alone should win the Browns at least a few games this season. They were in a lot more games than the win/loss column shows. Better ball security will be huge for them. I could actually see them winning 6-7 games this year. Maybe more if everything goes really well (not holding my breath...)
I’d love to see them sneak in the playoffs though, just for the long suffering browns fans. They deserve it almost as much as Buffalo fans did.

Reactions: Rowley Birkin
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad