Buffalo Bills Buffalo Bills Offseason Thread: Bills Apparently Think Signing Incognito a Good Idea

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere
I'm not sure he makes them a better team but anything on the o-line can't hurt. He's never been a problem on the field BUT nobody has ever kept him long term. How many years will the deal be for?

Its fine if he keeps his mental health in check.

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere
I'm not the most positive person and I'm not gunna praise this move but at the same time when you're awful at blocking its hard to crap on it. This just proves how bad Moron was. Former offensive linemen and the o-line was one of the worst. Imagine how good with this defense this team would be if they could block. No 100 yard rusher this year. 9-7 with very little offense? Why not get really excited for 2015? This team with offense is good enough to beat that team that just won it all. The difference between them this year wasn't substantial like it has been for years.

BCS

Feb 18, 2008
Way to take Rex's "Gonna build a bully" comment literally, Whaley. :facepalm:

Tim Graham implied Rex targeted Incognito. He's not a bad player, which is a big improvement over the turnstile guards the Bills trotted out last season. They addressed a need at the cost of a presumably low amount of cap room. It's fine.

Karate Johnson*

Incognito is a piece of ****, but who cares.

If he blocks well and we get to the playoffs who cars if he made Jonathan Martin cry 3 years ago?

If you watch NFL football with the intention of cheating only nice, clean cut "good guys" you are watching the wrong sport.

To run full speed into giant human beings 300-400 times a year, more often than not, there is something wrong with you. These dudes are animals.

It's like trying to cheer for a "nice normal" UFC fighter. They don't exist.

gallagt01

Jun 10, 2006
Sloan
He's a better guard than anything the Bills have on the roster and I'm sure they got him on the cheap. Fine by me.

yahhockey

Jan 23, 2013
This is the NFL so if he starts acting up then they can cut him with minimal financial penalties. It's a low risk medium reward situation that improves the team on the field. When you have limited draft selections then you have to look for elsewhere to fill holes. He will be 32 when the season starts so it's not like he's a core piece for the future, simply a warm body filling a need.

NEcoli

Apr 13, 2014
A 32 year old with a penchant for stupid penalties who hasn't played in a year and a half?

He'd be a huge upgrade over Pears.

Takeo

Jul 9, 2003
Visit site
They need tackles. Henderson played only out of necessity. He struggled all year. And Glenn should be moved inside.

Husko

Jun 30, 2006
Greenwich, CT
They need tackles not guards. Henderson played only out of necessity. He struggled all year. And Glenn should be moved inside.

Okay so you don't know anything.

First of all, I agree Henderson was not god and needs upgraded. But honestly, they don't need guards? FFS man. I'd put a large wager on our guards being rated the worst in the nfl as a unit. Out best guard was Urbik, who sat half the year, is gonna get cut, and is average at best. Did you see how bad our run game was? Honest truth is we need 3 new starters on the oline.

Incognito probably compete with Chris Williams for one guard spot, I'm ok with that.

26CornerBlitz

Sponsor
Apr 14, 2012
South Jersey

First of all, I agree Henderson was not god and needs upgraded. But honestly, they don't need guards? FFS man. I'd put a large wager on our guards being rated the worst in the nfl as a unit. Out best guard was Urbik, who sat half the year, is gonna get cut, and is average at best. Did you see how bad our run game was? Honest truth is we need 3 new starters on the oline.

Incognito probably compete with Chris Williams for one guard spot
, I'm ok with that.

They'll plug Incognito in at RG to replace Pears.

Takeo

Jul 9, 2003
Visit site
Glenn is a mediocre left tackle. He's overachieved to his credit, but was always projected better on the right side or guard. He'd be a Pro Bowler inside. Only potential target I'd rather have at guard than Glenn is Iupati. And I have hope that Kouandjio can develop inside as well.

BCS

Feb 18, 2008

Seriously. The Bills had one of the most disastrous guard situations in the league last season and entered the offseason needing two new ones. Having Incognito aboard cuts the need in half, and, again, he probably isn't going to sign for a lot. Outside of the fact that the guy is a colossal d-bag, it's a solid move. The good news on that front is that he's going to have to be on his best behavior as an employee and teammate. Bully a fellow Bill? Harass a trainer? No more football for you, *******.

26CornerBlitz

Sponsor
Apr 14, 2012
South Jersey
Glenn is a mediocre left tackle. He's overachieved to his credit, but was always projected better on the right side or guard. He'd be a Pro Bowler inside. Only potential target I'd rather have at guard than Glenn is Iupati. And I have hope that Kouandjio can develop inside as well.

Glenn is a very good LT who regressed last season with part of the reason possibly being his health issues that kept him out for most of training camp. Hopefully he rebounds next season because he's staying put at LT.

Takeo

Jul 9, 2003
Visit site

Incognito probably compete with Chris Williams for one guard spot, I'm ok with that.

I specifically stated that I would prefer to move Glenn inside, thus alleviating the need at guard, and focus on acquiring new tackles. Well because I think Glenn could be an elite guard. But I forgive you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $50.00