Buffalo Bills Buffalo Bills Offseason Thread: Bills Apparently Think Signing Incognito a Good Idea

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere
I'm not saying deflategate mattered but let's say it happened. Its still cheating. Granted they owned them the 2nd half with regulation balls but you could claim all 4 titles deserve asterik's. Spygate and all.

Brady is a good QB. There's no doubt about that but not the best depending on how you define it. He's not flashy. His stats for the most part aren't sexy. Him and Peyton Manning are complete opposites yet it proves the point that you don't need the stats to win. At the end of the day winning matters. Now if I had to pick a QB in this league currently I'd take Rodgers. But if it was playoffs and only I'd take Brady.

They are a great tandem buy apart they are nothing.

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere
Seattle can't win or lose with class. That may be the first Championship ive ever seen conclude with throwing punches. I think this was the one time you could justify rooting for New England.

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere
Schefter reporting that Bills and Jets will pursue Revis. Lemme at him, even if that means letting Hughes walk.

Think he'd choose the Bills over the Jets. A)old coach. B)The Jets are worse now than when he left. Doubt after winning the SB he is interested in a long rebuilding process.

All that being said I'm not sure he wants to leave NE. They do have a $20 million option on him.

Also on a different note I'm not sure Spikes wants to comeback. I'm sure he wants to go back to NE and never wanted to leave.

RoofIt5hole

Ball Don't Lie
Jul 1, 2014
Chicago
I'm not saying deflategate mattered but let's say it happened. Its still cheating. Granted they owned them the 2nd half with regulation balls but you could claim all 4 titles deserve asterik's. Spygate and all.

Brady is a good QB. There's no doubt about that but not the best depending on how you define it. He's not flashy. His stats for the most part aren't sexy. Him and Peyton Manning are complete opposites yet it proves the point that you don't need the stats to win. At the end of the day winning matters. Now if I had to pick a QB in this league currently I'd take Rodgers. But if it was playoffs and only I'd take Brady.

They are a great tandem buy apart they are nothing.

With his 4th Super Bowl and 3rd MVP it looks like Brady has cemented himself in the conversation as best ever qb. That being said, how much do you think he has left? 2-3 more years? I just can't wait to get him off the bills schedule lol.

kirby11

Mar 16, 2011
Buffalo, NY
I could understand a play action pass there. Roll out Wilson and give him the option of running it in himself or tossing it to an open receiver, but that would probably be the only way I'm throwing the ball there.

That shotgun play to lose the game :help:

Yeah, one of 3 things happens on a PA roll out:
1. Everyone swarms Lynch, Wilson either tosses to a wide open TE/WR or walks in.
2. Patriots drop back into coverage, Wilson has time to run in or someone comes open eventually.
3. Wilson gets blitzed but throws to an open man.

As for the Bills getting Revis...that would be phenomenal. Unlikely, but phenomenal.

NotABadPeriod

ForFriendshipDikembe
Oct 28, 2006
Seattle shouldn't have run any play that could have stopped the clock if they didn't score. Sure you need to score but if you can leave Brady with no time to go down the field needing a FG that is ideal. And Seattle still had a timeout if they really needed it.

enthusiast

cybersabre his prophet
Oct 20, 2009
Would you take 1 year of Revis and let Hughes walk? Chances are Revis signs another 1 year deal as usual.

I don't think the situation's really the same, now that he's got a ring and isn't stuck in a garbage environment.

NotABadPeriod

ForFriendshipDikembe
Oct 28, 2006
Don't forget players LOVE playing for Rex. I could see Revis going for a multi year deal because of that if the money is right. After all money is going to be the deciding factor.

Bps21*

I would take Revis over Hughes if it was for more than one year...but I'm making that statement without really knowing what kind of D they're committing to run. I think Hughes has been great and I don't think they can just plug in a guy and get his same production. However...I do think that with the rest of those guys up front...if you are throwing revis and Gilmore out there...another guy could probably manage pretty damn well. Just imagine what the safeties will be running around doing if you have revis and Gilmore. I mean... Maybe I could get a couple sacks in there.

26CornerBlitz

Sponsor
Apr 14, 2012
South Jersey
Bills Coach Rex Ryan Updates His Old Jets Tattoo: http://www.wsj.com/video/bills-coac...too/1BD01A4C-BFE8-40A5-A42F-8A8AF9898B1A.html

proxy.jpg

Last edited:

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
With his 4th Super Bowl and 3rd MVP it looks like Brady has cemented himself in the conversation as best ever qb. That being said, how much do you think he has left? 2-3 more years? I just can't wait to get him off the bills schedule lol.

I remember at least one poster claiming Beady was overrated after his slow start this year. I got a chuckle out of that. Hes going down as one of the greatest to play QB, and Sundays performance only adds to his legacy.

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere
Depends on how you look at it. His career stats are far from sexy. What's sexy is his playoff accomplishments. Best ever is a loose term. Stats wise he's got nothing on Joe Montana.

Push Dr Tracksuit

Gerstmann 3:16
Jun 9, 2012
Would you take 1 year of Revis and let Hughes walk? Chances are Revis signs another 1 year deal as usual.

i dont think signing Hughes for what it will cost would be that good of a move, good, but about on par with a Revis signing good who I think is the better 1 season player

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
Depends on how you look at it. His career stats are far from sexy. What's sexy is his playoff accomplishments. Best ever is a loose term. Stats wise he's got nothing on Joe Montana.

I agree with you there. I never watched Montana, so I can't say if he's better. I do know Brady is the best quarterback I have ever witnessed in my 15 years of watching the sport. Manning and Brady were interchangeable for me until recently, but Manning's hardware can't compare to Brady's.

enthusiast

cybersabre his prophet
Oct 20, 2009
Manning is a better player peak on peak and probably in longevity

steve young was better than montana >: D

NotABadPeriod

ForFriendshipDikembe
Oct 28, 2006
I agree with you there. I never watched Montana, so I can't say if he's better. I do know Brady is the best quarterback I have ever witnessed in my 15 years of watching the sport. Manning and Brady were interchangeable for me until recently, but Manning's hardware can't compare to Brady's.

The problem with the hardware argument is that even the best QB can only influence a game so much. If Seattle runs the ball then despite having done nothing different himself Brady is one ring and one SB MVP less.

dma0034

Jun 27, 2011
Buffalo, NY
It's hard to judge between Montana and Brady: Montana had better weapons, Brady had a better defense. Brady doesn't even get to the Superbowl without those New England defenses

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad