Buffalo Bills Buffalo Bills Offseason Thread: Bills Apparently Think Signing Incognito a Good Idea

Status
Not open for further replies.

Myllz

RELEASE THE KRAKEN
Jan 16, 2006
Vegas
Not sure how I feel about Incognito. He's automatically the best lineman we have, but he's just such an ass. If Rex can figure out a way to keep him from being an idiot, it'll be a good signing, but that's a tall order.

Paxon

202* Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY
Glenn is a mediocre left tackle. He's overachieved to his credit, but was always projected better on the right side or guard. He'd be a Pro Bowler inside. Only potential target I'd rather have at guard than Glenn is Iupati. And I have hope that Kouandjio can develop inside as well.

Where's the money to get two upgrades at tackle, though? Assuming we re-sign Hughes or otherwise spend a lot somewhere on defense (Revis, for example), I'm not sure we have the money to spend on an expensive position like LT where we already have a solid player. I don't really know most of the free agent list, though. Who will be out there at LT?

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
Where's the money to get two upgrades at tackle, though? Assuming we re-sign Hughes or otherwise spend a lot somewhere on defense (Revis, for example), I'm not sure we have the money to spend on an expensive position like LT where we already have a solid player. I don't really know most of the free agent list, though. Who will be out there at LT?

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/free-agents/left-tackle/

HiddenInLight

Sep 4, 2011
I don't see why taking a shot on him is a bad idea. He is apparently good friends with Eric Wood, and we have the leadership on the team to keep him in check. This is a guy that was a Pro-bowler in his last full season and one of the better ranked Guards in the league in the year he was suspended, which was only a year and a half ago. If the bills think that he will behave himself I see nothing wrong with this move. Low Risk High reward type signing.

RoofIt5hole

Ball Don't Lie
Jul 1, 2014
Chicago
Rex does well with a team with a lot of veterans. I'd bet there won't be any problems with Incognito. Rex will keep him in line. And the o line got better. Awesome.

La Cosa Nostra

Caporegime
Jun 25, 2009
And possibly the most talented in nfl history also. That defense would be insane. Three All Pro DL. 2 pro bowl LBers, an elite run stopping LB, a improving and very good young LBer in Brown, the best CB in the game, a pro bowl caliber corner opposite him in Gilmore. The weakest link is the safeties but Aaron Williams is definitely a top 10-15 safety and Duke is getting better also. Find a way to keep Hughes while were at it too :lol:

Now back to the real world, I like the Incognito signing. He is a quality guard . Instantly makes the OL better and much tougher. I'm hoping we target Iupati as our #1 free agent target and maybe draft a versatile G/T in the 3rd round.

Glenn-Iupati-Wood-Incognto-Henderson/high draft pick. Have Kouandjio, Richardson, Williams and Urbik provide depth.

sabrebuild

Apr 21, 2014
Pittsburgh
Glenn is a mediocre left tackle. He's overachieved to his credit, but was always projected better on the right side or guard. He'd be a Pro Bowler inside. Only potential target I'd rather have at guard than Glenn is Iupati. And I have hope that Kouandjio can develop inside as well.

So you would rather base where Glenn plays because of what he was projected to do at the draft vs playing well in the actual nfl? Okay.

boots electric

Mar 12, 2008
as big of an idiot as incognito might be, he's most-likely smart enough to realize this is likely the last shot he has to play in the the league. he'll be squeaky clean this season.

i'd be more worried about him if/when he signs another after next season

Digable5

Buffalo Proton (Positively Charged)
Feb 23, 2004
West Seneca
Rex Ryan said he wanted to be a bully and they just hired an expert in the field....er, on the field.

As much as I don't like Incognito as a person, I think he will be a shrewd pickup for the offense. Just like Spikes, you pick up a player that needs this opportunity for his next contract/NFL career. If even for just one year, he should make us better.

With Ryan and Incognito, even if the team isn't getting wins, they will be getting plenty of media attention. Hard Knocks has got to be on the horizon, no?

Kublakhan

Lets Go Buffalo !!!
Jan 24, 2013
North Tonawanda
I will take out the word "most" and put in "good portion" :nod:

Not that it really matters, I don't care what they do in their off-time.. just Sundays,Mondays and sometimes Thursdays lol

And that being said football is the red-headed stepchild to hockey for me so...

Husko

Jun 30, 2006
Greenwich, CT
Dang where did you find out about their friendship? Didn't know that. Wood isn't rough though. He has been injury prone!

He's missed 2 games the last 3 seasons, 0 the last 2...

Only time he's missed significant time is when he broke his leg. He's not injury prone at all

dma0034

Jun 27, 2011
Buffalo, NY
1 year 2.25 million

Literally the Bills will save a million by adding him and cutting Pears (and get an upgrade)... even if he is bad they just let him walk away next year.

Hardy is a FA too... wonder if he'll be in demand if the Bills let Hughes go.

Bps21*

After 15 years I don't care what you've done. Can you help me win? Welcome to the team.

The ****ing patriots don't give a **** if you are Blount, a cheater, a murderer...and I don't anymore either.

Get me pittsburghs rapist QB and the child beater from Minnesota while we're at it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille