Buffalo Bills Buffalo Bills Offseason Thread: Bills Apparently Think Signing Incognito a Good Idea

Status
Not open for further replies.

RoofIt5hole

Ball Don't Lie
Jul 1, 2014
Chicago
And possibly the most talented in nfl history also. That defense would be insane. Three All Pro DL. 2 pro bowl LBers, an elite run stopping LB, a improving and very good young LBer in Brown, the best CB in the game, a pro bowl caliber corner opposite him in Gilmore. The weakest link is the safeties but Aaron Williams is definitely a top 10-15 safety and Duke is getting better also. Find a way to keep Hughes while were at it too :lol:

Now back to the real world, I like the Incognito signing. He is a quality guard . Instantly makes the OL better and much tougher. I'm hoping we target Iupati as our #1 free agent target and maybe draft a versatile G/T in the 3rd round.

Glenn-Iupati-Wood-Incognto-Henderson/high draft pick. Have Kouandjio, Richardson, Williams and Urbik provide depth.

how bout drafting the other Kouandjio? 3-4th rounder im guessing

HiddenInLight

Sep 4, 2011
And possibly the most talented in nfl history also. That defense would be insane. Three All Pro DL. 2 pro bowl LBers, an elite run stopping LB, a improving and very good young LBer in Brown, the best CB in the game, a pro bowl caliber corner opposite him in Gilmore. The weakest link is the safeties but Aaron Williams is definitely a top 10-15 safety and Duke is getting better also. Find a way to keep Hughes while were at it too :lol:

Now back to the real world, I like the Incognito signing. He is a quality guard . Instantly makes the OL better and much tougher. I'm hoping we target Iupati as our #1 free agent target and maybe draft a versatile G/T in the 3rd round.

Glenn-Iupati-Wood-Incognto-Henderson/high draft pick. Have Kouandjio, Richardson, Williams and Urbik provide depth.

That is one quality Line.

RoofIt5hole

Ball Don't Lie
Jul 1, 2014
Chicago
Greg Hardy.
worth the off field stuff? I think there's enough leadership on the Bills d-line alone that they'd be able to keep him in line. If we wont the best guys out there... Sounds like the Panthers aren't gonna bring him back and at 26 he's in his prime.

yahhockey

Jan 23, 2013
Our QB situation is such that the team won't be paying the player at that position much money for the foreseeable future so why not load up on D to create an unstoppable unit and hope that the QB won't blow it each week. I know it's counter intuitive because currently our D is strong and the offense weak however if there isn't a great QB under center then the offense has a ceiling regardless of the other 10 players on the field. The team could spend a little money on offense and make the unit marginally better or we could spend some money on defense and turn a very good defense into the best in the league.

NotABadPeriod

ForFriendshipDikembe
Oct 28, 2006
Greg Hardy.
worth the off field stuff? I think there's enough leadership on the Bills d-line alone that they'd be able to keep him in line. If we wont the best guys out there... Sounds like the Panthers aren't gonna bring him back and at 26 he's in his prime.
Just from a practical standpoint you gotta think once his case is settled he's getting a suspension from Goodell though. Which makes it risky.

RoofIt5hole

Ball Don't Lie
Jul 1, 2014
Chicago
Just from a practical standpoint you gotta think once his case is settled he's getting a suspension from Goodell though. Which makes it risky.

he was already suspended for 13 games by being put on the exempt list this past season. how much more suspension are they gonna give him?? I'd think it'd probably be a fine not more suspension.

Mit Yarrum

HoF Turd Shiner
Apr 1, 2010
I think signing Incognito was a good idea too. He's a really good guard IMO.

The only concern is him being out of football for a year. That worries me with linemen.

sabresfan65

Vegas HAS Hockey!!
Sponsor
May 23, 2004
Vegas
he was already suspended for 13 games by being put on the exempt list this past season. how much more suspension are they gonna give him?? I'd think it'd probably be a fine not more suspension.

Peterson was "exempt" for 10 games last year and then got 6 game suspension on top of it. Because they are paid while on the exempt list it isn't counted like a suspension and the league office has shown that any suspension will be on top of that. That is one of the unreasonable things about that exempt list. Say a guy gets arrested for something that would put him on the exempt list but he didn't do it. Now it takes 2 plus years to try the case because he refuses to plead guilty for something he didn't do. He sits out 2 years of his career and then is found innocent. Much like the college kid convicted of **** by a woman who lied and then admitted she lied about it who now works for the NFL front office.

I am fine with cracking the whip on someone who is convicted of a crime, but this guilty until proven innocent that the NFL has come up with is just wrong.

RoofIt5hole

Ball Don't Lie
Jul 1, 2014
Chicago
Peterson was "exempt" for 10 games last year and then got 6 game suspension on top of it. Because they are paid while on the exempt list it isn't counted like a suspension and the league office has shown that any suspension will be on top of that. That is one of the unreasonable things about that exempt list. Say a guy gets arrested for something that would put him on the exempt list but he didn't do it. Now it takes 2 plus years to try the case because he refuses to plead guilty for something he didn't do. He sits out 2 years of his career and then is found innocent. Much like the college kid convicted of **** by a woman who lied and then admitted she lied about it who now works for the NFL front office.

I am fine with cracking the whip on someone who is convicted of a crime, but this guilty until proven innocent that the NFL has come up with is just wrong.

true, but if he comes at a discounted price, I'd sign him and eat the 6 game suspension.

BCS

Feb 18, 2008

If Hardy's found guilty again in his upcoming trial, he's getting at least a six-game suspension under the league's personal conduct policy.

Takeo

Jul 9, 2003
Visit site
I hate the Incognito signing. Ryan dumped respected veterans on the Jets and added players like Santonio Holmes. And they regressed resultantly. 3 weeks in and it's beginning in Buffalo. You'd think he would learn something by now.

BCS

Feb 18, 2008
apparently you didn't read the follow up post

I read it and still felt like correcting your previous incorrect post.

I hate the Incognito signing. Ryan dumped respected veterans on the Jets and added players like Santonio Holmes. And they regressed resultantly. 3 weeks in and it's beginning in Buffalo. You'd think he would learn something by now.

Amount of respected veterans dumped in favor of Richie Incognito: Zero.

Amount of starting-caliber guards on roster other than Richie Incognito: Zero.

Crazy Tasty

Oct 5, 2005
Joisey

Yeah but, is there anything that anyone does that you do like?

JThorne

Stop accepting failure
Jul 21, 2006
Downtown Buffalo
as big of an idiot as incognito might be, he's most-likely smart enough to realize this is likely the last shot he has to play in the the league. he'll be squeaky clean this season.

i'd be more worried about him if/when he signs another after next season

The type of person he is, it isn't about BEING squeaky clean. This is who he is. He can't change that. He might curb it for a while, but his personality WILL come out. It's just whether or not there are teammates/coaches there to handle it in house that makes the difference. Do NOT fool yourself into thinking someone like him can just "keep it in check."

BCS

Feb 18, 2008
Amount of starting caliber guards on roster including Incognito: zero

Yeah? Based on what? PFF had him as the 24th-best guard in football during his last full season (2012) and then 13th prior to the scandal in '13.

In fact, if the Bills wind up with the level of play that Incognito displayed for four years in Miami, they'll have a guard that is consistently above-average at his position. A Pro Bowl player in 2012, Incognito never graded out negatively in either the pass or run games in his four years as a starter for the Dolphins, according to Pro Football Focus. He also never ranked below No. 33 among all offensive guards in overall rating (going as high as No. 16), improved significantly as a pass protector in his final two years there, and ranked in the Top 20 in the league as a run blocker in 2010-11, as well.

http://www.buffalorumblings.com/buf...ognito-tops-buffalo-bills-og-depth-chart-2015

CatsforReinhart

Jul 27, 2014
Frankfurt
I cant believe people are fine with Incognito. He is an type A personality. He is not just going to sit at his locker and be a good boy. The guy talked about picking off black people with a rifle and people think that will be ok in the locker room....will be interesting.

Lets see if he lowers or raises the quality of his teammates around him. My guess is if this guy does anything racist or aggressive its going to get messy.

Last edited:

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything
I cant believe people are fine with Incognito. He is an type A personality. He is not just going to sit at his locker and be a good boy. The guy talked about picking off black people with a rifle and people think that will be ok in the locker room....will be interesting.

Lets see if he lowers are raises the quality of his teammates around him. My guess is if this guy does anything racist or aggressive its going to get messy.

That's fine, he starts spewing his mouth we cut him.

It's a low risk situation. I'm willing to bet as much as he runs his mouth, he like making a few hundred k a year even better.

Nibbler

May 24, 2011
Ambassador to Earth
That's fine, he starts spewing his mouth we cut him.

It's a low risk situation. I'm willing to bet as much as he runs his mouth, he like making a few hundred k a year even better.

Exactly. I'm willing to bet none of his contract is guaranteed so there's no penalty for cutting him.

26CornerBlitz

Sponsor
Apr 14, 2012
South Jersey
A Richie Incognito Return Is the Last Thing the NFL Needs Right Now
Before the Ray Rice video, the Greg Hardy conviction, the Jonathan Dwyer assault charges and Adrian Peterson's child abuse case—before everything that made this the NFL's year from hell—there was Richie Incognito, a woman and a golf club.

That's the guy the Buffalo Bills just signed. A proven, historic bully and an alleged sexual assaulter, at a time when the NFL is trying to change its image from a league full of people like that.

What I've gotten on Twitter is that Incognito deserves a second chance. And Bills fans who once mocked and scorned him now defend him. This is humorous, almost farcical. The Bills signing isn't Incognito's second chance. He is on three, four, five and counting. He hasn't made one mistake, like we all do. He has screwed up, in one way or another, since 2001. Incognito should put that on a T-shirt.

Interesting take to say the least.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Granada vs Osasuna
    Granada vs Osasuna
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $20.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Rennes vs Brest