Buffalo Bills: Offseason - 2019 Schedule Released with NFL Draft Upcoming

Status
Not open for further replies.

truthbluth

Feb 2, 2011
Isnt Duke supposed to be in the "not fat Kelvin Benjamin" style of WR...tall, large catch radius
Dude has never played an NFL snap and is 25 years old. If you of the Bills are counting on him to be even a small part of the offense, it's a tremendous leap of faith.

Gabrielor

"Win with us or watch us win." - Rasmus Dahlin
Jun 28, 2011
Buffalo, NY
O Tackle at 9 is the play, right?

Unless you really believe Metcalf is the next Calvin Johnson...

Waterfowlist

Aug 9, 2012
Brown barely played in the slot last year. Beasley will be the true slot guy with likely him and Zay outside. Probably sees some slot time in 4 WR sets though.

Now go get Hockensen at 9

Honestly, I hope they go with foster on the outside over Jones. I just think he has way more potential, and it’s also a deep threat.

I like the idea of TE in the first though! Just hope we can slide down a few spots if that is who you take.

CrazyPsycho

Elite Drafter
Sep 25, 2003
Dude has never played an NFL snap and is 25 years old. If you of the Bills are counting on him to be even a small part of the offense, it's a tremendous leap of faith.

Fair. Just he brings the size that none of our other WR have.

Husko

Jun 30, 2006
Greenwich, CT
Who thinks Brown is a slot receiver? That's never been his position. He's a quintessential deep threat Z receiver. He plays Foster's position. As of now we're looking at them at the Z, Zay Jones (and the CFL dude they signed) at the X, and Cole Beasley (with McKenzie rotating in) at the slot/Y. I still hope they take a receiver in the first 2 rounds, be it a true X like Metcalf or someone that projects as more of a Z in Campbell or Brown.

Fezzy126

Rebuilding...
May 10, 2017
Meh on brown, but I don’t like Beasley. He’s just a guy.

Signing D. Williams would make this a very successful free agency, and would allow Beane to go BPA worry free at the draft. Maybe one of those elite DLs fall so us. Here’s hoping.

I like Beasley quite a bit

His route running reminds me of Edelman, I watched him do this over and over again in the SB.

Husko

Jun 30, 2006
Greenwich, CT
Oh I agree, was mostly curious as the poster seemed to me to make 'glamour' seem like a negative, when obviously it's not to the players and that's who it matters to.

I've lived in Buffalo most of my life, but I spent more then a decade in NYC. It's an entirely different world, and many who haven't spent time in bigger cities simply don't understand how VAST the difference is. Both types of cities have their appeals.
Agreed. I grew up outside of Buffalo, went to college in the city of Buffalo, and now have lived in NYC for about 6 years. I loved Buffalo for College, but I wouldn't really want to be there right now as a young professional. Just like I'm sure I won't want to be in my one-bedroom Brownstone when we're in our-30s and raising a family. Different strokes.

Reactions: Baccus

Rowley Birkin

Oct 31, 2004
Yeah. Have to think they're going OL/TE with the top pick now.

I don't see them not carrying those 6 guys into the season - possible Williams is an exception. But even if he is how do you fit a high end draft pick in there... Not enough snaps to go around.

Still hoping for Daryl Williams.

SundherDome

Y'all have to much power
Jul 6, 2009
Minneapolis,MN
God Damit Beane gets it. Love what we have been doing. Johnson is the only one I don't like.

If you can get Saffold and Williams, last year's dead cap will have been all worth it.

Trade back with the Raiders for their two 1's and go CB and DE/DT

truthbluth

Feb 2, 2011
Who thinks Brown is a slot receiver? That's never been his position. He's a quintessential deep threat Z receiver. He plays Foster's position. As of now we're looking at them at the Z, Zay Jones (and the CFL dude they signed) at the X, and Cole Beasley (with McKenzie rotating in) at the slot/Y. I still hope they take a receiver in the first 2 rounds, be it a true X like Metcalf or someone that projects as more of a Z in Campbell or Brown.
It me. I thought he was a slot, because I thought he played there for Arizona.

Husko

Jun 30, 2006
Greenwich, CT
God Damit Beane gets it. Love what we have been doing. Johnson is the only one I don't like.

If you can get Saffold and Williams, last year's dead cap will have been all worth it.

Trade back with the Raiders for their two 1's and go CB and DE/DT
With Taron penciled in in the slot, White on one side and Levi Wallace/Kevin Johnson on the other side, taking a first round CB would really make me ill.

I'd love to see them trade down and find a way to still get a WR, OL, and TE in the first 2 rounds.

SundherDome

Y'all have to much power
Jul 6, 2009
Minneapolis,MN
With Taron penciled in in the slot, White on one side and Levi Wallace/Kevin Johnson on the other side, taking a first round CB would really make me ill.

I'd love to see them trade down and find a way to still get a WR, OL, and TE in the first 2 rounds.
Wallace/Johnson as the other CB should scare us fans.

If you can get Greedy and Dremont Jones. Along with a guy like lidstrom in the second...do it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad