GDT: Buffalo Bills at NY Jets 09.08.2019 1PM ET

DueDiligence

Nov 16, 2013
Jets lose their best defensive player in Mosley and the Bills capitalize with two touchdowns.

missingmika

Dec 9, 2006
Holy **** how did we pull this out.

Oh yeah our horrible half was VS the Jets. If we were playing a better team we would have been dead long ago.

Teams need to win games when the O doesn't click. Look at the Packers on Thursday. Surviving the first half was great. It could have ended up like the Chargers game but it didn't.

Waterfowlist

Aug 9, 2012
Allen moves the ball all day but turnovers killed the Bills.

The 4th quarter comeback was impressive. Certainly gives me hope

misterchainsaw

Preparing PHASE TWO!
Nov 3, 2005
Rochester, NY
Holy crap. i mean the first half was littered with horrible mistakes (that would doom them against better teams), but at least we were still moving the ball a bit. I believe we had more total yards at the half, even.

Not really comparable to the Chargers or Ravens first half last year - more like a not quite as bad Peterman vs. the Chargers game in the playoff year.

Mike McDermott

blah blah blah
Apr 23, 2006
Lockport
I didn’t watch the game obviously but looks like Cleveland might not be the strength people thought they would be. Could just be that they haven’t gelled yet.

misterchainsaw

Preparing PHASE TWO!
Nov 3, 2005
Rochester, NY
I didn’t watch the game obviously but looks like Cleveland might not be the strength people thought they would be. Could just be that they haven’t gelled yet.

They have issues on the o-line, and that's tough for young QB's. Certainly you wonder if the addition of one wideout, no matter how good he is, got over hyped.

Under the radar, one can also wonder if losing Gregg Williams (to the Jets, no less) will cause what was a really good defensive unit to regress.

Reactions: brian_griffin

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
20190908_161709.jpg

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
Weird game. I'm not really sure what the takeaway from this game should be.

The Bills D is good. Singletary is good.

Despite the turnovers, Allen and the Bills offense were able to move the ball well.

jBuds

pretty damn valuable
Sponsor
Apr 9, 2005
Richmond, VA
Three of the four turnovers weren’t abysmal. The way our first half was described did not match what actually happened.

The D played well - all game - and we possessed the ball enough to withstand those turnovers, clearly.

I don’t know why it took so long, but I guess kudos should be dished to the staff for tweaking st halftime and trying to run the ball a bit, get Singletary involved.

missingmika

Dec 9, 2006
Three of the four turnovers weren’t abysmal. The way our first half was described did not match what actually happened.

The D played well - all game - and we possessed the ball enough to withstand those turnovers, clearly.

I don’t know why it took so long, but I guess kudos should be dished to the staff for tweaking st halftime and trying to run the ball a bit, get Singletary involved.

Offense had control most of the game. They were able to March down the field. 4 turnovers a half will not happen each week, especially with the flukey turnovers the Bills had.

Overall not the best win, but a win is a win. Allen did what he needed to in the 4th. Hopefully @MayDay isn't upset on the result.

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA

Totally agreed. We moved the ball effectively against their D most of the game. Allen's 1st INT should have been caught. Allen's 2nd INT was a flukey thing. Allen's 1st fumble? Bad. Allen's 2nd fumble? Can tell he and Morse haven't had a ton of time together.

We tipped 5 or 6 of Darnold's balls. How one of them didn't end up in a Bills' hand is unreal.....not to mention the Jets actually caught one of the deflections. Most weeks, you tip 5 or 6 balls, you're getting an INT or two.

Allen was MOSTLY solid. Yeah, those 2 almost INTs weren't good throws ---- though I do think Allen saw the hold on Sweeney and threw it there anyways. I think. That 2nd near-INT? Hero ball.....gotta get rid of it.

I also love how Daboll FINALLY realized "Hey, rushing is a good idea" in the 4th. Kinda worked.

Our D was stout. Can't remember the last WR to have 14 catches and not get 100 yards. Yeah, Jae caught a ton -- but he got few YAC. The one criticism I have on D? COVER LE'VEON BELL. Christ. Can't shadow him with Milano, either. Put one of our safeties on him. Otherwise, very good showing.

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
Great to win. Allen needs work still

I was much more impressed with Allen today than Darnold. I thought Darnold looked like the next coming of Sanchez -- didn't complete anything more than like 7 yards downfield.

Allen for the most part looked calm and collected behind his new line and really has chemistry with Brown and Beasley (dude needs to stop dropping balls).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad