GDT: Buffalo Bills at NY Jets 09.08.2019 1PM ET

MayDay

Oct 21, 2005
Pleasantville, NY
You’ve lost the plot if you’re arguing making the playoffs is not a successful season.

Their second season was a teardown year where it was expected we would suck as we cleared cap hits.

I don’t consider 9-7 to be a very good season.

It’s barely over .500. Several of the Drought Bills teams managed 9-7 (and were objectively better than than the 2017 edition). The only difference between 2017 and those other teams was that the rest of the AFC sucked enough that year for the Bills to barely bumble their way in on tiebreakers.

But I don’t consider 2017 to be more “successful” than, for example, 2004, just because tiebreakers went their way and Andy Dalton made a play. Now if the Bills has actually done ANYTHING with that playoff berth, I would think differently about 2017, but they did literally nothing with it.

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
They nickel and dimed their way down the field to start the game. Why not go back to that with some running from the spread offense sprinkled in.

Reactions: Zman5778

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Literally the only reason they will win 3 games this season is because they play the Fins twice and my godawful Bengals at home. There's a great chance everyone in this division besides the Pats goes 4-12 or worse.

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
They nickel and dimed their way down the field to start the game. Why not go back to that with some running from the spread offense sprinkled in.

Yeah, I'm not really liking the playcalling/personnel choices. Singletary gets a rush of 20? Benched.

The nickel and dime stuff worked in the first half. Get back to it. And why we're not trying draws/spread rushes is baffling.

TheStorm

Sep 15, 2015
Pittsburgh,PA
Yeah, I'm not really liking the playcalling/personnel choices. Singletary gets a rush of 20? Benched.

The nickel and dime stuff worked in the first half. Get back to it. And why we're not trying draws/spread rushes is baffling.
I just don't understand the reasoning for not running like at all. It doesn't make any sense. Especially with a young inaccurate qb like Allen.

Reactions: brian_griffin

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad