Buffalo Bills: 7-5 – at Denver

Status
Not open for further replies.

Push Dr Tracksuit

Gerstmann 3:16
Jun 9, 2012
That's probably the stupidest thing you've said all day.

And that's saying something :shakehead:

What exactly have I been making up? Did you not say that the Bills don't have a secondary? That no non-QB is worth the 9th overall and a mid 1st round pick (to which I provided Peterson and Watt as counter examples)?

you managed to twist a comment about the draft into not wanting Watt or Peterson :handclap: :handclap: great job

you managed to twist a comment about the secondary not being good enough to allow the defense to shutdown peyton manning or tom brady into me saying we dont have a secondary :handclap: :handclap: great job

anything else you wanna throw in? good thing you've avoided the point about how trading up in the draft hasn't gotten us into the playoffs and has put us in a worse position to get better next season

Irving Zisman

Really Bad Grandpa
Nov 5, 2007
'Merica
Gilmore is quite good. The Bills rate pretty highly when it comes to covering opposing team's #1's, and that job falls almost exclusively on Gilmore. CB's are like O-linemen. You only notice them when they screw up (or get an INT)

Right, I'm not taking a shot at Gilmore. He's this team' stop CB, but it's fair to say that he's still developing and still has some consistency issues.

Irving Zisman

Really Bad Grandpa
Nov 5, 2007
'Merica
Marrone isn't getting fired. I'd like to see them move on from Hackett, but I'm skeptical there.

I think if the Bills miss the playoffs, Pegula will seriously consider cleaning house. People will say that he didn't do that with Darcy and Lindy, but there were league executives praising both guys openly to Terry at the time.

I don't think Marrone and Whaley have that kind of clout around the league, so I think Pegula makes his move.

Slapshot85

Jul 1, 2011
I think if the Bills miss the playoffs, Pegula will seriously consider cleaning house. People will say that he didn't do that with Darcy and Lindy, but there were league executives praising both guys openly to Terry at the time.

I don't think Marrone and Whaley have that kind of clout around the league, so I think Pegula makes his move.

I would also argue that Pegula has learned his lessons from the Sabres and won't make the same mistakes again. I also get the feeling he won't be clouded for his obsession to the past and to the sport itself as much as he is/was with the Sabres/hockey.

misterchainsaw

Preparing PHASE TWO!
Nov 3, 2005
Rochester, NY
you managed to twist a comment about the draft into not wanting Watt or Peterson :handclap: :handclap: great job

I asked you if any non-QB was worth the 9th overall pick and the next year's middle of the round 1st. You said no. I provided you with players that most certainly are worth that. The Bills had Watkins #1 on their board. They feel he is a generational receiving talent. Nothing I've seen tells me he can't be that. He has some special tools.

you managed to twist a comment about the secondary not being good enough to allow the defense to shutdown peyton manning or tom brady into me saying we dont have a secondary :handclap: :handclap: great job

You said:
if you dont have a secondary to compliment the D-Line or a QB that makes the plays you need, well then you're the Bills

The secondary has played quite well today. IF any part of the defense has struggled , it's linebacker and maybe even the DL. But frankly, given the drive starts Denver has had because of our QB and poor special teams plays, I think the defense has played a solid game.

anything else you wanna throw in? good thing you've avoided the point about how trading up in the draft hasn't gotten us into the playoffs and has put us in a worse position to get better next season

And having Watkins could easily turn out to be better than Ebron + whoever we would have ended up in the middle of the first round next year. You are ignoring that a lot of people saw Watkins as a tier above any other receiver in this draft and a special talent. Most of the immediate criticism assumed that the Bills would be handing over another top 10 pick. Most people who knew what the Bills had on defense and at the skill positions was pretty sure that wasn't going to happen.

Push Dr Tracksuit

Gerstmann 3:16
Jun 9, 2012
And having Watkins could easily turn out to be better than Ebron + whoever we would have ended up in the middle of the first round next year. You are ignoring that a lot of people saw Watkins as a tier above any other receiver in this draft and a special talent. Most of the immediate criticism assumed that the Bills would be handing over another top 10 pick. Most people who knew what the Bills had on defense and at the skill positions was pretty sure that wasn't going to happen.

I'm not ignoring it, I'm saying if you don't have a QB or a defense that you can expect to keep the best offenses under 20 points, it doesn't matter, Ive never once commented on Watkins skill, thats been you the entire time, in fact the only time ive mentioned a WR skill is to mention Fitzgerald, Green, Megatron

the rest you've invented on your own

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
Should have been PI against Denver on the previous play. Defender hit Jackson before the ball got there.

misterchainsaw

Preparing PHASE TWO!
Nov 3, 2005
Rochester, NY

I can't imagine a guy who managed to get to 8-8 (most likely) with a combination of EJ Manuel and Kyle-****ing-Orton at QB is going to get let go, especially after improving 2 games from his first year. No matter how good the defense is (and hey, you'd think he'd get some credit for that too) Maybe if they lose at Oakland I could see it.

Bills get another chance because the personal foul doesn't get wiped out after the play is ruled incomplete (would a hold on the return have been nullified resulting in only the holding penalty against Buffalo being enforced)?

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything
Marrone isn't getting fired. I'd like to see them move on from Hackett, but I'm skeptical there.

I'm not sure what Marrone has done as a head coach that warrants continued employment.

I'm really hoping for a full housecleaning come the end of the season.

Nobody in the front office/coaching staff has any significant resume to say "Hey, I know what I'm doing, I've done this before"

Fire everyone, let's get a real NFL front office in place please

misterchainsaw

Preparing PHASE TWO!
Nov 3, 2005
Rochester, NY
I'm not ignoring it, I'm saying if you don't have a QB or a defense that you can expect to keep the best offenses under 20 points, it doesn't matter, Ive never once commented on Watkins skill, thats been you the entire time, in fact the only time ive mentioned a WR skill is to mention Fitzgerald, Green, Megatron

the rest you've invented on your own
Blaming the defense for Denver being at 24 here is somewhat laughable. And you're not fixing the QB spot with last year's #9 or this year's middle of the round 1st rounder.

And I'd rather have Green, Fitzgerald, or Calvin Johnson than your average #9 + middle of the round first rounder. Easily.

misterchainsaw

Preparing PHASE TWO!
Nov 3, 2005
Rochester, NY
I'm not sure what Marrone has done as a head coach that warrants continued employment.

I'm really hoping for a full housecleaning come the end of the season.
How about 8-8 against a tough schedule with Kyle Orton and EJ-****ing-Manuel at QB?

A head coaches job is about much more than game day decisions, which, aside from a couple of mis-steps here and there (which you're going to get from most coaches), I haven't hated either.

Woodman19

Jun 14, 2008
It looked to me like he was giving the thumbs up to the other official notifying him that Denver did indeed score.

Its right at the end after the TD is called, the one official puts his hand out and the other one fist bumps him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad