Buffalo Bills: 7-5 – at Denver

Status
Not open for further replies.

misterchainsaw

Preparing PHASE TWO!
Nov 3, 2005
Rochester, NY
no ignore the point of the post and take about the "an unnamed TE", thats exactly the point, you could have traded the pick for a TE, drafted Ebron, got a probowl o-lineman, another LB, 3 more RBs, or any other WR

if you dont have a secondary to compliment the D-Line or a QB that makes the plays you need, well then you're the Bills

trading next years first to go get Watkins failed to address either point

continue making things up to deflect from that though
You live in quite the fantasy land.

Hilarious you're taking shots at the defense. The 3rd ranked defense in DVOA.

Woodman19

Jun 14, 2008
Thank god Orton saved the refs having to think of new ways to call back a TD.

Takeo

Jul 9, 2003
Visit site
I can't believe I'm saying this but they should go back to Manuel next week. Orton did his job and kept them relevant into December. But now Orton is pointless.

misterchainsaw

Preparing PHASE TWO!
Nov 3, 2005
Rochester, NY
still making things up I see

has the defense held the Broncos to less points then the Bills have scored? no? oh ok
That's probably the stupidest thing you've said all day.

And that's saying something :shakehead:

What exactly have I been making up? Did you not say that the Bills don't have a secondary? That no non-QB is worth the 9th overall and a mid 1st round pick (to which I provided Peterson and Watt as counter examples)?

All of your examples for the Bills being the same or better this year with their 1st rounder in their pocket next year either involved fantasy land trades or unrealistic assumptions of what a rookie can give you. Sammy Watkins was considered the best WR in the draft and the only one in the top tier. He's set Bills' rookie records even fighting injuries all season and with very apparent youth-based deficiencies that you would at least hope he can clean up.

Irving Zisman

Really Bad Grandpa
Nov 5, 2007
'Merica
no ignore the point of the post and take about the "an unnamed TE", thats exactly the point, you could have traded the pick for a TE, drafted Ebron, got a probowl o-lineman, another LB, 3 more RBs, or any other WR

if you dont have a secondary to compliment the D-Line or a QB that makes the plays you need, well then you're the Bills

trading next years first to go get Watkins failed to address either point

continue making things up to deflect from that though

Let's play pot calling the kettle black- made up points
Edition:

The secondary has played well this year. Not amazing, but solid.
You have a very good safety in Williams, a breakout player this year on Searcy, 2 solid CB's in McKelvin and Graham, and a still developing Gilmore. Not to mention good depth players like Robey, Duke and Ron Brooks.

Every source and their mother reported the Bills were taking Ebron at 9. So let's stop making up the point that we would've picked someone else at that spot.

And as you've failed to ignore in a previous post, OL and CB were NOT perceived weaknesses
Heading in to this year. Yet you want to play Captain Hindsight and pretend that they were. Try looking at the entire scenario objectively instead of twisting things to make them look the way you want to.

NotABadPeriod

ForFriendshipDikembe
Oct 28, 2006
I can't believe I'm saying this but they should go back to Manuel next week. Orton did his job and kept them relevant into December. But now Orton is pointless.

They gotta hope Manuel actually did learn something on the bench. He said he would try to be more aggressive, but we'll see.

This Bills team has the makings of your typical 8-8 team: beat the bad teams like they should, lose to the good teams like they should. If only we had an actual QB...

Takeo

Jul 9, 2003
Visit site
So.....what head coaches are out there again?

Uh well you should begin your search with first-time head coaches with roots within a 300 mile radius who don't have many other promotion prospects around the rest of the league. Turner Gill?

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
I have to say this defense is official. If we can get a game managing quarterback via FA or trade then that would help out tremendously.

misterchainsaw

Preparing PHASE TWO!
Nov 3, 2005
Rochester, NY
Let's play pot calling the kettle black- made up points
Edition:

The secondary has played well this year. Not amazing, but solid.
You have a very good safety in Williams, a breakout player this year on Searcy, 2 solid CB's in McKelvin and Graham, and a still developing Gilmore. Not to mention good depth players like Robey, Duke and Ron Brooks.

Every source and their mother reported the Bills were taking Ebron at 9. So let's stop making up the point that we would've picked someone else at that spot.

And as you've failed to ignore in a previous post, OL and CB were NOT perceived weaknesses
Heading in to this year. Yet you want to play Captain Hindsight and pretend that they were. Try looking at the entire scenario objectively instead of twisting things to make them look the way you want to.

Gilmore is quite good. The Bills rate pretty highly when it comes to covering opposing team's #1's, and that job falls almost exclusively on Gilmore. CB's are like O-linemen. You only notice them when they screw up (or get an INT)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad