Buffalo Bills Buffalo Bills 2020 Continued

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rowley Birkin

Oct 31, 2004

When I saw Fromm had been given 10 I assumed Beasley would be switching to 11 since he wore it in Dallas. 11 has always been my favourite number on a sports Jersey.

I wanted to get a Beasley Jersey last summer - but couldnt get hold of one so ended up with Allen instead.

As for Dalton - if I were him I'd join the Pats for nothing. If he wins the job he can put himself in the shop window. If he doesn't he can leave to get a better paid backup job somewhere else.

Last edited:

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
I'm excited to see what Epenesa can become under McDermott. I can see him rounding out to becoming a 10 sack/yr guy who's great against the run. Could be a staple on the line.

I Cant believe he was available that late in the 2nd. A lot of teams put way too much emphasis on isolated combine results. The man was productive every year in his collegiate career.

Last edited:
Reactions: WeDislikeEich

TalkingProuder

Feb 27, 2015
Buffalo, NY
I'm excited to see what Epenesa can he become under McDermott. I can see him rounding out to becoming a 10 sack/yr guy who's great against the run. Could be a staple on the line.

I Cant believe he was available that late in the 2nd. A lot of teams put way too much emphasis on isolated combine results. The man was productive every year in his collegiate career.

It makes sense that he dropped but he dropped too far. Teams are looking for that person to come off the edge and that is not Epenesa. He is more like Chris Long who went 2nd overall in 2008. He was never a great pass-rusher but someone useful to have on all 3 downs and a very good football player.

Reactions: Dubi Doo

truthbluth

Feb 2, 2011
I'm excited to see what Epenesa can he become under McDermott. I can see him rounding out to becoming a 10 sack/yr guy who's great against the run. Could be a staple on the line.

I agree. Kyle Williams showed how much you can win with hands. You don’t need track speed to beat linemen clean

Buffaloed

webmaster
Feb 27, 2002
Niagara Falls
I'd be all for it, but I think he'll have more attractive options, like starting in New England
Jarrett Stidham Is the Reason the Patriots Didn't Draft a Quarterback in 2020
The Pats think they have their QB in Stidham
As soon as it was known Brady was leaving, the Patriots signed veteran Brian Hoyer, the type of backup who won't threaten Stidham's spot on the depth chart and has the experience to mentor a young player. Settling on Hoyer instead of spending on Marcus Mariota or trading for Nick Foles should have signaled to the NFL that New England was committed to the second-year passer from Auburn.

La Cosa Nostra

Caporegime
Jun 25, 2009
Reports say Dalton to Dallas

Better then him to New England..not that Dalton is a top 15 QB anymore but he's better then what they currently have...I was cracking up a few weeks ago listening to Murph they had some "scout"/Patriot lover on fawning over Stidham talking like he was an elite prospect and the best QB they have ever took aside from Brady...like OK dude he isn't even as good as Jimmy G.

As for some of our draft picks I will be pleased if...

Epenesa becomes an above average run defender who gets 6-7 sacks a season. Moss becomes a bruising back who has a high success rate on ___ and 1/2 to go/at the goal line. I also love the fact he doesn't fumble. Motor for as good as he was just did not have a nose for the end zone when it was goal to go. Hopefully one of Davis and Hodgins becomes the long term #2/3 once Brown and or Beasley are gone. Fromm becomes a high end backup/capable spot starter And that Bass becomes our big legged clutch kicker. Anything else would be all gravy.

Reactions: Dirty Dog

TalkingProuder

Feb 27, 2015
Buffalo, NY
Better then him to New England..not that Dalton is a top 15 QB anymore but he's better then what they currently have...I was cracking up a few weeks ago listening to Murph they had some "scout"/Patriot lover on fawning over Stidham talking like he was an elite prospect and the best QB they have ever took aside from Brady...like OK dude he isn't even as good as Jimmy G.

As for some of our draft picks I will be pleased if...

Epenesa becomes an above average run defender who gets 6-7 sacks a season. Moss becomes a bruising back who has a high success rate on ___ and 1/2 to go/at the goal line. I also love the fact he doesn't fumble. Motor for as good as he was just did not have a nose for the end zone when it was goal to go. Hopefully one of Davis and Hodgins becomes the long term #2/3 once Brown and or Beasley are gone. Fromm becomes a high end backup/capable spot starter And that Bass becomes our big legged clutch kicker. Anything else would be all gravy.

Patriot fans overrate Stidham. Bills fans overrate Fromm.

Stidham is Matt Moore 2.0

Fromm is Peterman/ Brett Rypien from the SEC.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
No one in history has ever been Peterman but Peterman so that comparison isn’t very good.

He’s Matt Barkley.

SoFFacet

Jan 4, 2010
Rochester, NY
No one in history has ever been Peterman but Peterman so that comparison isn’t very good.

He’s Matt Barkley.

Agreed. I can see where people are getting the comparison from, especially since Peterman was here so recently. But Peterman isn't the first or only QB of that archetype to exist, he's just a historically worst case outcome for it. There are all sorts of similar QBs who turned out better (Leinart, Henne, Pennington, Barkley, Orton, Delhomme, Dilfer, Kitna, Cousins, etc...). There's really no basis to assume Fromm will turn out on the high or low end of the scale, so we wait and see.

TalkingProuder

Feb 27, 2015
Buffalo, NY
Agreed. I can see where people are getting the comparison from, especially since Peterman was here so recently. But Peterman isn't the first or only QB of that archetype to exist, he's just a historically worst case outcome for it. There are all sorts of similar QBs who turned out better (Leinart, Henne, Pennington, Barkley, Orton, Delhomme, Dilfer, Kitna, Cousins, etc...). There's really no basis to assume Fromm will turn out on the high or low end of the scale, so we wait and see.

Jeff Tuel. Luke Falk.

Peterman just happens to be the last guy with no arm talent drafted by this regime in the 5th round.

TalkingProuder

Feb 27, 2015
Buffalo, NY
My point is that we don't know where he's going to fall on the scale so I don't see your point in bringing up more members of the scale.

I have no idea where you came up with those QBs as comparable.

Cousins has a rocket arm compared to Fromm.

In recent drafts the arm talent comps I see are

Peterman
Falk
Rypien
Finley
Rudolph

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad