Buffalo Bills Buffalo Bills 2020 Continued

Status
Not open for further replies.

Husko

Jun 30, 2006
Greenwich, CT
Chris Thompson, Theo Riddick, and Bilal Powell all still unsigned. They all fit into essentially the same mold: small, fast, old, pass catching RBs with serious injury issues. Because of the old and injured part, I'm sure they would be very cheap. Would love to add one of them on a one year deal. Among other things, I think having a prolific pass catching back would be very good for Allen.

SundherDome

Y'all have to much power
Jul 6, 2009
Minneapolis,MN
Chris Thompson, Theo Riddick, and Bilal Powell all still unsigned. They all fit into essentially the same mold: small, fast, old, pass catching RBs with serious injury issues. Because of the old and injured part, I'm sure they would be very cheap. Would love to add one of them on a one year deal. Among other things, I think having a prolific pass catching back would be very good for Allen.
Thompson would be a wet dream, but I'm assuming a team physical is holding up some deals here

TalkingProuder

Feb 27, 2015
Buffalo, NY
WR1 is probably the most important position after QB these days, so adding someone comfortably in the league-wide 5-15 range is going to have a pretty large impact. There's also a domino effect on Brown (now our WR2) and Beasley (WR3), and also an effect on what kind of boxes the running game will encounter.

Not saying it's a finished product.

I like Diggs. But remember Brown had a career year last year in yards and targets. Now that Diggs is here many of those plays will now be called for him instead of Brown. And the offense under Allen often designates one WR to throw to and everyone else is a decoy.

With no improvement from Allen I would only adjust Buffalo to now 20th in offense. And that is without taking into account teams that could pass us quickly such as Pittsburgh (they add healthy Roeth we aren't near them in ranking).

SoFFacet

Jan 4, 2010
Rochester, NY
I like Diggs. But remember Brown had a career year last year in yards and targets. Now that Diggs is here many of those plays will now be called for him instead of Brown. And the offense under Allen often designates one WR to throw to and everyone else is a decoy.

With no improvement from Allen I would only adjust Buffalo to now 20th in offense. And that is without taking into account teams that could pass us quickly such as Pittsburgh (they add healthy Roeth we aren't near them in ranking).

I thought we were talking about draft resources. Obviously the largest variable in offensive improvement is going to be Allen's continued development.

CrazyPsycho

Elite Drafter
Sep 25, 2003

We have Yeldon already? He catches the ball fine. They are gonna draft a RB 100 percent as well

Sabreality

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 12, 2008
Atlanta, GA
Man, people are really focusing on giving up a lottery ticket for cash in hand.
yeah, Diggs for a 1st & 4th is more than fine. I know the 5th & 6th do count, but aren't those the ones we acquired for scrubs Teller & Bodine? Those were essentially free picks and its not like we have the kind of roster where we'd even make all of those picks, only so many roster slots available. But thinking is hard for many and they don't dig deeper for reasoning.

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008

Yes, it all relies on Allen. The weapons are in place. The line should hopefully take another step, and become above average. The system is the same. It doesn't matter who we add if our QB doesnt improve.

Also, Singletary getting more snaps will help the run game a lot. He's a breakout candidate. 5.1 ypc on 151 attempts should not be overlooked. Hopefully he's used more in the redzone as well.

Last edited:

SoFFacet

Jan 4, 2010
Rochester, NY
yeah, Diggs for a 1st & 4th is more than fine. I know the 5th & 6th do count, but aren't those the ones we acquired for scrubs Teller & Bodine? Those were essentially free picks and its not like we have the kind of roster where we'd even make all of those picks, only so many roster slots available. But thinking is hard for many and they don't dig deeper for reasoning.

They count, and just because we got those picks in other trades doesn't make them "free." Those are real resources that we gave up. But I do think critics of the trade don't really understand the relative worth of day 3 picks. All of the picks together were enough to move up to maybe 18. Let's say that we somehow already had 18 and we gave up just 18 for Diggs. The same people would say "Diggs for a 1st, not bad." Somehow when the same value is broken up into little bits, it becomes a haul in some people's minds.

Husko

Jun 30, 2006
Greenwich, CT
We have Yeldon already? He catches the ball fine. They are gonna draft a RB 100 percent as well
Yeah, he catches it fine. He's also a replacement level player that hardly got on the field last year while we were rolling out well below replacement level Frank Gore.

I'm not looking for fine. I'm looking for someone that can be prolific in that role. Someone that can add something unique to the offense.

Reactions: is the answer jesus

CrazyPsycho

Elite Drafter
Sep 25, 2003
Yeah, he catches it fine. He's also a replacement level player that hardly got on the field last year while we were rolling out well below replacement level Frank Gore.

I'm not looking for fine. I'm looking for someone that can be prolific in that role. Someone that can add something unique to the offense.

Well the guys you listed arent it. They definitely have their eyes on someone im the draft

Rowley Birkin

Oct 31, 2004
The Bills offense was tied for 9th worst in the NFL last year..just edging out the juggernaut in rebuilding Miami and ahead of teams that were often playing their 2nd and 3rd string QB's.

I really don't get why people think the offense is fixed with one nice addition in Diggs. Not only that the BPA very well could be RB or WR.

Not to mention that the D was borderline elite last year & have arguably made multiple improvements.

Unless there is an absolute can't miss BPA on D scenario, the focus of the draft - or at least the first couple of picks - should be finding game breakers for Allen.

If this team goes as far as it can - the offense needs to improve. The D is already where it needs to be.

Largest hole on the roster is so clearly RB. They need a pass catcher, they need a downhill runner, both together with Singletary. Yeldon should be nowhere near the final 53.

WeDislikeEich

Jun 22, 2015
Man, people are really focusing on giving up a lottery ticket for cash in hand.
Yep. They see that it’s 4 picks total and go “wow!”, but 3 of them are late round picks.

Beane said himself those picks likely get him from #22 to #18 in the 1st round. This was cheaper than a trade up in the 1st and Diggs is a sure thing #1 WR for the Bills.

IMO this is the year to trade picks for proven players. With not being able to have pre draft visit, private workouts, pro days, in person meetings, etc. the draft is going to be more of a crap shoot than ever. Especially in the later rounds, where those players had less exposure and teams rely more on private workouts, pro days, etc.

SoFFacet

Jan 4, 2010
Rochester, NY
I honestly think Yeldon is better than what we saw last year. He was a decent backup in Jacksonville and he's not old yet. Still would add another RB though.

26CornerBlitz

Sponsor
Apr 14, 2012
South Jersey

Bills Mafia super fan Kevin Connors links up with NYUP.com's Matt Parrino to talk about the moves the Bills have made this offseason, Josh Allen's trajectory and expectations for 2020.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad