Buffalo Bills Buffalo Bills 2020 Continued

Status
Not open for further replies.

whiplash

Jan 6, 2006
NYC
I like the red one in how it starts black and then moves up to red. Love the all black and no red helmet. Putting "ATL" on the chest is trashy and screams arena league.
You have this backwards. ATL as a monikor for Atlanta has exploded in popularity and makes sense for a league constantly producing targeted merchandise. Unclear why one would find it trashy. And gradient jerseys belong in the Arena League or better yet, the trash bin along with European hockey jerseys

SundherDome

Y'all have to much power
Jul 6, 2009
Minneapolis,MN
You have this backwards. ATL as a monikor for Atlanta has exploded in popularity and makes sense for a league constantly producing targeted merchandise. Unclear why one would find it trashy. And gradient jerseys belong in the Arena League or better yet, the trash bin along with European hockey jerseys
No, I had it right.

Waterfowlist

Aug 9, 2012
Yeah that deal is brutal for Houston. Their fans have to be irate right now.
In all fairness, they got a more proven WR than the bills while giving up significantly less (ignoring Hopkins trade). The way Cooks contract is set up, he costs about the same as Diggs and has just one fewer year remaining.

I get that he had a down year and a big injury, but the guy didn’t miss a game for three years before 2019. If he is considered injury prone, then so is Diggs who has never played 16 games in a season...

Rowley Birkin

Oct 31, 2004
In all fairness, they got a more proven WR than the bills while giving up significantly less (ignoring Hopkins trade). The way Cooks contract is set up, he costs about the same as Diggs and has just one fewer year remaining.

I get that he had a down year and a big injury, but the guy didn’t miss a game for three years before 2019. If he is considered injury prone, then so is Diggs who has never played 16 games in a season...

Cooks isn't more proven than Diggs.

I think both trades were close to 'fair' value at this point.

Diggs is the better player, which is why he cost a first.

Waterfowlist

Aug 9, 2012
Cooks isn't more proven than Diggs.

I think both trades were close to 'fair' value at this point.

Diggs is the better player, which is why he cost a first.

I agree that Diggs is the "better" player for the bills. However, who is the better player is definitely debatable.

Cooks and Diggs are the same exact age. Cooks left school a year earlier than Diggs and has one more season where he played 10 games. Overall here is how they stack up:

Total yards:
Cooks - 6,011 (Including 281 rushing)
Diggs - 4,782 (Including 159 rushing)

1,000 yard seasons:
Cooks - 4
Diggs - 2

Total TDs:
Cooks - 36 (including 2 rushing)
Diggs - 30

Receptions:
Cooks - 402
Diggs - 365

Listen, I'm not trying to say the Bills got hosed, but this is a solid trade for Houston and Cooks is indeed more proven than Diggs. The only way Diggs is more accomplished is if you want to say he has intangibles that don't show up on the stat sheets?

truthbluth

Feb 2, 2011
I agree that Diggs is the "better" player for the bills. However, who is the better player is definitely debatable.

Cooks and Diggs are the same exact age. Cooks left school a year earlier than Diggs and has one more season where he played 10 games. Overall here is how they stack up:

Total yards:
Cooks - 6,011 (Including 281 rushing)
Diggs - 4,782 (Including 159 rushing)

1,000 yard seasons:
Cooks - 4
Diggs - 2

Total TDs:
Cooks - 36 (including 2 rushing)
Diggs - 30

Receptions:
Cooks - 402
Diggs - 365

Listen, I'm not trying to say the Bills got hosed, but this is a solid trade for Houston and Cooks is indeed more proven than Diggs. The only way Diggs is more accomplished is if you want to say he has intangibles that don't show up on the stat sheets?
Bruh, Cooks got his yards playing with Brees, Brady and Goff (in McVay's system). Diggs played with Teddy Bridgewater, Sam Bradford, Case Keenum, and Kirk Cousins.

is the answer jesus

Mar 10, 2008
Tonawanda, NY

More proven? Is that because he had Drew Brees and Tom Brady throwing to him for the first 4 years of his career? Instead of say Case Keenum, Sam Bradford, and Teddy Bridgewater? It's a red flag for me when at this age a player has already been traded 3 times. More importantly than that Cooks is coming off his 5th documented concussion. So factor in a higher potential for a career ending injury and inflated stats from playing with hall of fame caliber QB's and the brightest offensive mind in the league in Mcvay and yeah I think his arrow is pointing down while Diggs' arrow is pointing up. At the crux of this what the f*** is Houston doing? They traded one of the best WR's in the game in Hopkins and turned that return into Cooks (undoubtedly an inferior player with injury question marks). I don't understand the fit on that team either. He's more of a vertical threat WR and they already have Fuller and Stills that play a similar role. It's just a head scratcher on a lot of fronts. O'Brien is destroying that team.

Waterfowlist

Aug 9, 2012
Bruh, Cooks got his yards playing with Brees, Brady and Goff (in McVay's system). Diggs played with Teddy Bridgewater, Sam Bradford, Case Keenum, and Kirk Cousins.
First, never call me bruh.

Second, your point fails to address the simple fact Cooks has accomplished more. You can say it is all because of the QBs he has played for, but it doesn’t change the fact that he accomplished a lot. He has also been traded for a first round pick twice in his young career. So clearly GMs think pretty highly of him too.

2015 - he was the leading receiver on NO with 300 more yards than any other player
2016 - leading receiever, ahead of Thomas
2017 - second only to Gronk and he had only 2 fewer yards
2018 - second to Woods by 15 yards with 1,200 yards of his own

The fact he only returned a second rounder this time is likely because of his down year and injury. Again, none of that changes the fact he is more accomplished. You're talking about how he projects going forward, not what he has accomplished.

Come on folks, we can be Bills fans and be objective.

Last edited:
Reactions: Eichel9

truthbluth

Feb 2, 2011
Second, your point fails to address the simple fact Cooks has accomplished more. You can say it is all because of the QBs he has played for, but it doesn’t change the fact that he accomplished a lot. He has also been traded for a first round pick twice in his young career. So clearly GMs think pretty highly of him too.

the fact he only returned a second this time is likely because of his down year and injury. Again l, none of that changes the fact he is more accomplished.

Ok, whatever your name is.
A rose by any other name would be as wrong.
Diggs is objectively better and more valuable than Cooks.

Waterfowlist

Aug 9, 2012
Reading comprehension is a struggle for folks. This whole back and forth started when I simply said Cooks is more accomplished. That is fact, not opinion.

All the rest is a tangent arguing a point I never made... but I digress.

is the answer jesus

Mar 10, 2008
Tonawanda, NY

2015 - he was the leading receiver on NO with 300 more yards than any other player
2016 - leading receiever, ahead of Thomas
2017 - second only to Gronk and he had only 2 fewer yards
2018 - second to Woods by 15 yards with 1,200 yards of his own

The fact he only returned a second rounder this time is likely because of his down year and injury. Again, none of that changes the fact he is more accomplished. You're talking about how he projects going forward, not what he has accomplished.

2015- His competition for targets was Willie Snead, Ben Watson, and a washed up Colston.
2016-Leading receiver by what metric? Thomas as a rookie caught more balls and had 9 receiving TD's compared to his 8. He had more yards because he's a field stretching WR.
2017- one legitimate WR in Cooks and an All-pro TE in Gronk. What were Brady's other options to throw to? Danny Amendola?
2018- Probably his most impressive season. He and Woods (a guy most consider a solid #2 WR) had good years. Goff is a middling starter at best, but McVay is a brilliant offensive mind.
2019- Two concussions in less than 30 days, was having a brutal year even before the concussions.
Edit-In a vacuum a late 2nd for a player like Cooks isn't the worst value, but these trades don't take place in a vacuum. They moved out an all-pro WR for a terrible return. They paid a similar price for a lesser player coming off a bad season in which that player had 2 concussions in less than 30 days. Said player plays a similar game to two other WR's they already have on the roster. It just seems like an organization that doesn't have a clue what they are working towards.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dubi Doo

OkimLom

May 3, 2010
Reading comprehension is a struggle for folks. This whole back and forth started when I simply said Cooks is more accomplished. That is fact, not opinion.

All the rest is a tangent arguing a point I never made... but I digress.

Actually, you said proven not accomplished.

You haven't shown what exactly he has proven has a WR.

You have provided statistics of what has done with his QB's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad